Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Track Listings For The New Stuff!
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 9, 2012 18:56

So, to get the two new songs, plus the IBC and BBC stuff (11 songs), I will have to shell out the bucks for the Super Duper Deluxe version. OK, I get the two cd's, the vinyl EP and some handy drinks coasters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 18:57 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: October 9, 2012 19:02

Mother's Little Helper, Play with Fire, Shattered and Rock and A Hard place should be on this collection. *sigh* I'll save my money for Charlie Is My Darling Super Deluxe or whatever it is.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: October 9, 2012 19:43

Play with fire, Mothers little helper and Shattered ARE included on the 80 track version.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 9, 2012 20:01

Send It To me
Pretty amazing that this band can put out an 80 song collection and dozens of songs are criminally omitted

Mother's Little Helper
Play With Fire
One Hit to the Body
Rock + A Hard Place
Slipping Away
Before They Make Me Run
Shattered
No Expectations
Monkey Man
Moonlight Mile
Dead Flowers
Star Star
Crazy Mamma
Hang Fire
Too Much Blood
Winning Ugly
Oh No Not You Again
Out of Control....

On the other hand, they did include Don't Stop, High Wire and Streets of Love.

There's a lot of criminal behaviour evident.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 9, 2012 20:04

obviosuly the interest isn't in the "hits" on this collection unless you are the casual listener...everyone has them...

the people on this list (me included)...who dissect everything and are disappointed most times already have IBC, BBC etc etc...and like someone else said..in Excellent Quality...i can't imagine much improvement over the 2 or 3 track IBC recording unless they corrected the speed flaw at the beginning of "Diddley Daddy"

this basically leaves the 2 new songs...they better be the best damn 2 songs they've done in a while or this collection will be lamenting in the used bins before too long...

maybe the reaction to the 2 news ones is a litmus test to see if there is any widespread insterest in them making one last LP..

i most SINCERELY hope the 2 new songs are good...i will know after i download them off of Soulseek...but i just really don't think they can do anything of any great quality in just a couple of days after not being together for so long...

Date: October 9, 2012 20:18

The songs Mothers Helper, Shattered, Play with Fire are all included. ??
Streets of Love is IMO not that bad a song and should be included as does Rain fall Down: they are A-sides. Track selection makes sense as what it is.
I just dont agree with the whole idea of this release, period.
On Deluxe edition it mentions TWO books ??

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: October 9, 2012 20:26

Don't we all own these songs already?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 9, 2012 20:29

Rocknroll1969
Don't we all own these songs already?

Speak for yourself!
I've never heard future gems like Jumping Jack Flash or Brown Sugar.

They sound fantastic though.
I can't wait.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 9, 2012 21:22

Hmmm. Ok eh a super deluxe greatest hits 80 on 4 discs. Remastered 2011, so very loud. Then you have as a bonus the IBC demos (which aren't hits, and 95% of the iorr'ans already have on the shelves) Plus you have a very incomplete bbc session (4 tracks) tagged on a 7". Looks like a strange compromise to me. And all the bbc songs are not Jagger/Richards songs and neither are the IBC demos. Are the Stones not involved in this release? Why are historic relevant releases tagged away on a greatest hits set? This should be on a anthology kind of box imho. Another missed opportunity is the lacking of Plundered My Soul on the vinyl box imho.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: October 9, 2012 21:26

Always complaining on this board.

Boring...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 9, 2012 21:31

Blueranger

Boring...

No not always no. Other releases were great such as Texas 1978, Checkerbound Lounge 1981, etc. Just not this one. Only praises are allowed for this topic?

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: October 9, 2012 21:53

Blueranger

Boring...

Blue, you are right!

I´m looking forward to the super deluxe set, nice collection, with a remastered Highwire (love this) and Salt of the Earth (thos one even more). And the IBC/BBC stuff is a cool extra (how to get the IBC-stuff on my PC?)! But it is to expensive indeed (amazon.de had a little blackout with the price, but now over 100.- EURO) .... but this is 2012, folks!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:22

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
People who are willing to pay the price of the super deluxe edition allready have the IBC/BBC material in real excellent quality on bootleg, allready. At least 90% of them. WHy not include something which is a real treat on the deluxe edition; or: release stuff like IBC 1963 on a reasonable priced CD/LP? Milking the cow once again is what they do. Well I'm no cow, and I'll pass on this release.

excuse me for saying, but you're 'having a bit of a cow' right now!

Had to look up that expression...

No offense to you who have bought the deluxe package, didn't mean you're a milking cows, I just think the deluxe edition here is not worth the money, or should one say: a rip off; unless one is a collector and appreciate these kind of items. I have stopped "collecting" items like this, myself. I'm only interested in hearing new music now, not having new "items"

As Munichhilton mentioned, the official version of these 1963 tracks is probably even a downgrade compared to the bootlegs; that's how good this stuff allready is available in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 22:26 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:25

The important is

BBC:
Route 66
Cops And Robbers
You Better Move On
Mona

IBC:
Diddley Daddy
Road Runner
Bright Lights Big City
Honey What's Wrong
I Want To Be Loved´

I just the only reason because I will pay the superdeluxe boxset.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:26

Blueranger

Boring...

Stop complaining...you like it

Date: October 9, 2012 22:27

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
People who are willing to pay the price of the super deluxe edition allready have the IBC/BBC material in real excellent quality on bootleg, allready. At least 90% of them. WHy not include something which is a real treat on the deluxe edition; or: release stuff like IBC 1963 on a reasonable priced CD/LP? Milking the cow once again is what they do. Well I'm no cow, and I'll pass on this release.

excuse me for saying, but you're 'having a bit of a cow' right now!

Had to look up that expression...

No offense to you who have bought the deluxe package, didn't mean you're a milking cows, I just think the deluxe edition here is not worth the money, or should one say: a rip off; unless one is a collector and appreciate these kind of items. I have stopped "collecting" items like this, myself.

As Munichhilton mentioned, the official version of these 1963 tracks is probably even a downgrade compared to the bootlegs; that's how good this stuff allready is available in

Sorry to make you work! IT's an expression from the TV show, The Simpsons, wherein 'Bart' uses it to request people to not 'freak out'.

Anyway, I couldn't resist!

You're right of course. This is only for the diehard collectors, and for the newbies. I can't imagine there is that many of either category, so I honestly don't know how they make money off this. I look at the Beatles Vinyl Box reissue, and that is number one in music on Amazon. At a price of $400/unit, that is a license to print money.

Date: October 9, 2012 22:37

treaclefingers
Sorry to make you work! IT's an expression from the TV show, The Simpsons, wherein 'Bart' uses it to request people to not 'freak out'.

You're right of course. This is only for the diehard collectors, and for the newbies. I can't imagine there is that many of either category, so I honestly don't know how they make money off this. I look at the Beatles Vinyl Box reissue, and that is number one in music on Amazon. At a price of $400/unit, that is a license to print money.

I learn about Simpsons and Seinfeld on IORR than I learn about Rolling Stones....that's just positive, I know enough allready about that old british pop-band

Well yes that Beatles box is a money maker for sure. And I might be one of their customers, as I didn't buy those mono CD boxes, 2 years ago, I only got 2 single CDs....not the entire box. And since those new remasters are so terrific sounding, I want to upgrade my scratchy old Beatles vinyls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 23:07 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:47

Cocaine Eyes
Here are the 48 tunes on youtube:

[www.youtube.com]

Back in TO and right on top of things.
Must have been a good clean up smiling smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 9, 2012 23:34

Cocaine Eyes
Here are the 48 tunes on youtube:

[www.youtube.com]

By the way: any sign of P. on dvd?
smoking smiley

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 9, 2012 23:57

flacnvinyl
How is Streets of Love a part of this collection? It must just be Jagger's ego. There is a reason it was dropped from the setlist. It was a beer break. No one likes that song. No fans. No one. It just isn't very good. And extraordinarily boring!

It was one of the highlights of the Atlantic City show.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 9, 2012 23:59

Why would anyone buy this? Unbelievably poor job.

NEW ALBUM FELLAS!

Date: October 10, 2012 01:25

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers

I learn about Simpsons and Seinfeld on IORR than I learn about Rolling Stones....that's just positive, I know enough allready about that old british pop-band

Well yes that Beatles box is a money maker for sure. And I might be one of their customers, as I didn't buy those mono CD boxes, 2 years ago, I only got 2 single CDs....not the entire box. And since those new remasters are so terrific sounding, I want to upgrade my scratchy old Beatles vinyls.

It is a pricey boxset...399 GBPs on Amazon.co.uk, 400 Euros on Amazon,de and $400 on Amazon.com.

Up until yesterday it was only $299 on Amazon.ca...now it's $349 which is a drag but still considerably cheaper than the alternatives. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the pricing, you have to shop all jurisdictions to get the best deal.

For instance, I was able to get the SuperDeluxe GRRR! box for 33 Euros on Amazon.de, (which is now over 80), where everywhere else it sells for over $100.

Caveat emptor!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 10, 2012 01:35

thumbs up

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: October 10, 2012 02:07

Some people are actually looking forward to Grrr!. Found this on the Stones Twitter, I guess there are lots of "mad uncles" here on IORR:

Posted by vannessa alias childofthemoon,
"ah yaay i'm so excited for this album! my uncle's mad because he was expecting NEW material hahah but i'm glad this is coming". She later adds, her uncle has "allllllll the stones albums and seen 'em twice hehhe 1966 & 1994" .

About Streets of Love. I don't like it either, but if you read the comments on Youtube for the promo video of the song, you will find many people that admire this song. I don't think, they all got paid by the Stones to comment that positive. Surely not representative, but one can't say, NOBODY likes the song.

Date: October 10, 2012 02:15

StrawberriesBlueberries
I guess there are lots of "mad uncles" here on IORR

But there's also some dumb nieces and slow nephews here, obviously, so I think it's pretty even

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 02:24 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 10, 2012 02:24

Erik_Snow
StrawberriesBlueberries
I guess there are lots of "mad uncles" here on IORR

But there's also some dumb nieces and slow nephews here, obviously, so I think it's pretty even

Names please! That has to be properly evaluated.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 02:38 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 10, 2012 02:30

barbabang
Hmmm. Ok eh a super deluxe greatest hits 80 on 4 discs. Remastered 2011, so very loud. Then you have as a bonus the IBC demos (which aren't hits, and 95% of the iorr'ans already have on the shelves) Plus you have a very incomplete bbc session (4 tracks) tagged on a 7".

Its not incomplete. Its the full broadcast from 9th May 1964 at the Camden Theatre (recorded 19.3.64).

Date: October 10, 2012 02:42

Gazza
barbabang
Hmmm. Ok eh a super deluxe greatest hits 80 on 4 discs. Remastered 2011, so very loud. Then you have as a bonus the IBC demos (which aren't hits, and 95% of the iorr'ans already have on the shelves) Plus you have a very incomplete bbc session (4 tracks) tagged on a 7".

Its not incomplete. Its the full broadcast from 9th May 1964 at the Camden Theatre (recorded 19.3.64).

Which reminds me....I was hoping they'd one day release the 14 track performance they made at IBC Studios, one day before Camden Theatre. Ï read Bill Wyman, among others, has all tracks on acetate in perfect quality.
A thing like that would made the deluxe edition worth buying....unlike the "bootleg-rehash" that's included now.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home