Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Neil Young on Letterman
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 29, 2012 19:43

Today, Neil plays in Central Park with Crazy Horse but while in the City he stopped by Lettermans show and talked about ...his new digital music player? Ending World Hunger and Poverty?

As usual, Neil beats to his own drum and sure surprised the hell out of me!
Go Neil! Whoo Hoo! peace

Re: OT: Neil Young on Letterman
Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: September 29, 2012 20:03

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 29, 2012 20:20

Naturalust
Today, Neil plays in Central Park with Crazy Horse but while in the City he stopped by Lettermans show and talked about ...his new digital music player? Ending World Hunger and Poverty?

As usual, Neil beats to his own drum and sure surprised the hell out of me!
Go Neil! Whoo Hoo! peace

Cool cool cool... all very cool.. I will try to watch this later.. and I hope Neil's badass player takes off.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: September 29, 2012 20:45

Right on! I love the concept of the PONO - I hope it works out for him & for all of us - Stones would sound damn good that way! And thanks for the concert link - looking forward to it. smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 29, 2012 21:10

As someone with a degree in Electrical Engineering I can't help but think that no matter how accurately sampled and bit-length represented, digital music is still digital music. I mean he must be referring to something like 192,000 samples per second and maybe 64-bit word lengths. We're talking 64 1's and 0's laid down 192,000 times for every second of recorded music.

Yes that seems to theoretically represent more than a human ear could distinguish but I'm still not convinced. Someday even that will seem like a trifle. But no doubt it seems a better format than the crap CD digital that has been force fed to us.

It seems Neil is trying to do some justice to the artists of the 70's and earlier who recorded onto magnetic tape and have been at a loss to represent that music effectively with the CD market. It certainly won't make music recorded at CD quality and better, mp3's will still only deliver 5% of the information. His player isn't going to ADD stuff to the songs to try to get better fidelity.

Maybe the missing piece of the puzzle as far a music representation is concerned has to do with magnetic fields. Somehow they have to be included in the technology to get the same effect the magnetic tape recordings give us. That deep warm bottom end and such. I mean magnetism is orders of magnitude stronger than even gravity, so obviously it is a powerful force. Our bodies are tuned in strage ways to the earths magnetism, etc. Just thinkin.... peace

Date: September 29, 2012 22:18

memphiscats
Right on! I love the concept of the PONO - I hope it works out for him & for all of us - Stones would sound damn good that way! And thanks for the concert link - looking forward to it. smoking smiley

mc, if I was in Memphis, I would come over to your house and ask if you could come out and play.... and then we could go get some driunks and watch Neil Young play this show today. cool smiley That would be fun.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 30, 2012 00:51

anyone else having trouble watching this? I clicked on the link on the global citizen page to 'view' and nothing happens...

Date: September 30, 2012 00:56

Gazza
anyone else having trouble watching this? I clicked on the link on the global citizen page to 'view' and nothing happens...

Try this... no one worth seeing yet, but the link works for me.
[www.mtv.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-30 01:02 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 30, 2012 01:15

thanks...f**kin thing defaults to mtv UK though, and even when i access it via MTV.com news it still redirects me to the UK site when I click the link.

GRRR!

Date: September 30, 2012 01:17

Gazza
thanks...f**kin thing defaults to mtv UK though, and even when i access it via MTV.com news it still redirects me to the UK site when I click the link.

GRRR!
fkg regions crap... it gets old. too bad...

Black Keys are on now, if anyone can see it.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 30, 2012 01:20

Black Keys on right now

Date: September 30, 2012 02:02

kinda defeats the purpose of a 'Global' event, doesnt it?

Especially when they have a page where you can find out your local time zone for the broadcast - which includes mine!

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: September 30, 2012 02:26

Hard to believe a page with over 8 links to the video can't be had by some..

how bout here>

YouTube link

Date: September 30, 2012 02:34

Gazza
kinda defeats the purpose of a 'Global' event, doesnt it?

YUP

Especially when they have a page where you can find out your local time zone for the broadcast - which includes mine!

How they can they be so smart... and be so stupid... and the same time?

Date: September 30, 2012 02:50

Dave Grohl saying the Foos have no shows after this one?... and dont know when they will play together again?... maybe their last show? ...really?

Date: September 30, 2012 03:09

Borncrosseyed
Hard to believe a page with over 8 links to the video can't be had by some..

how bout here>

YouTube link

thats more like it! Thanks!

Date: September 30, 2012 03:12

Ya know... as good as it is too see The Black Keys and The Foos playing live on Saturday night (and coming up Neil Young)... what the fk is up with this streaming online crap??... BIG FKG DEAL?

Why not show this on MfkgTV IN HIGH DEF... ON MY BIG SCREEN TV?

Online streaming looks like crap! Maybe if I was on a desert island (with service) or on a mountain (with service) or some fkg place(with service), then I need streaming, but here, at home... I WANT MY MTV BIG AND IN HIGH DEF!.... but still, it is good too see em smiling smiley... but the quality is crap.

Date: September 30, 2012 03:19

It will probably come out on Palladia (hi def) and VH1 classic in a month or 2, with lots of commercials and lots of songs cut.

Date: September 30, 2012 03:46

it's live on Palladia....but it looks like it ends right before Mr. Young's performance

Date: September 30, 2012 03:47

BluzDude
It will probably come out on Palladia (hi def) and VH1 classic in a month or 2, with lots of commercials and lots of songs cut.

Maybe we need a benefit concert to wipe out commercials and song cutting forever!! Write you leaders, let them know about this important cause. End commercials and song cutting now!

Not to make light of polio and hunger... those are serious.

Date: September 30, 2012 03:49

BluzDude
it's live on Palladia....but it looks like it ends right before Mr. Young's performance
HOLY MOLY.... I didnt even look.. it sure it ...thank you!!

Date: September 30, 2012 03:49

JUST IN TIME FOR NEIL!!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!

Date: September 30, 2012 03:51

NEIL AND CRAZY HORSE!! IN HIGH DEF!!! LIVE!!!!smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: September 30, 2012 03:58

Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats

mc, if I was in Memphis, I would come over to your house and ask if you could come out and play.... and then we could go get some driunks and watch Neil Young play this show today. cool smiley That would be fun.
drinking smileyhot smileycool smiley

Date: September 30, 2012 04:00

memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats

drinking smileyhot smileycool smiley
drinking smileyhot smileycool smileyhot smileydrinking smileyhot smileycool smiley

Neil Young and Crazy Horse are awesome!!!
And if we cant be be in NYC, on TV in true HD is A-OK!! Palladia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-30 04:07 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: September 30, 2012 04:06

Powderfinger. Nice. Somebody's G is flat.

Date: September 30, 2012 04:14

Where was Neil Young born? anyone know?

Date: September 30, 2012 04:15

Oh yeah.. On Tar E o eh winking smiley

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: September 30, 2012 04:23

Amazing Neil Young so far!!!

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: September 30, 2012 04:31

The giant footsteps across the land at the end of the song. @#$%& excellent!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home