Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Beatles 16 LP Vinyl Box Coming Nov. 13
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 25, 2012 02:03

Re: OT: Beatles 16 LP Vinyl Box Coming Nov. 13
Date: September 25, 2012 02:27

Even with a $449.99 price tag, I bet they sell a load of these. Fact is, Abbey Road was the top-selling vinyl album of 2009, 2010, and 2011, so there's definitely going to be a market for this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-25 02:29 by tatters.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2012 04:22

Don't doubt there will be a market...I think I'll sit this one out, unless of course we get a Boxing Day special under $200!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: September 25, 2012 04:41

Unless I overlooked it, it doesn't say whether this set will be all stereo versions or some combination of mono and stereo. I think maybe I'll just stick with my MFSL box and skip this one.

Date: September 25, 2012 04:46

Roscoe
Unless I overlooked it, it doesn't say whether this set will be all stereo versions or some combination of mono and stereo. I think maybe I'll just stick with my MFSL box and skip this one.

I'd wager they'll end up with 2 boxes, Stereo versions and Mono versions, maybe not for November, prolly start with Stereo, then, after you've bought those, they'll do Mono.

It just never ends.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: September 25, 2012 07:43

Why do they keep rehashing old releases when they should release the complete Hollywood Bowl concerts. Of all the Beatles material on CD, a live concert is one thing that is missing. Today it doesn't matter that you hear a sea of white noise from fans. What matters is that you have a concert from the Beatles. Plus given today's technology, they could easily release the 1964 show and both 1965 shows on CD. Come On!

Date: September 25, 2012 09:59

Happy Jack
Why do they keep rehashing old releases when they should release the complete Hollywood Bowl concerts. Of all the Beatles material on CD, a live concert is one thing that is missing. Today it doesn't matter that you hear a sea of white noise from fans. What matters is that you have a concert from the Beatles. Plus given today's technology, they could easily release the 1964 show and both 1965 shows on CD. Come On!

They haven't been shy in releasing archive stuff...I have to wonder if some of the live stuff isn't recorded all that well, making it more difficult to present for release.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 25, 2012 10:02

Happy Jack

I wish they'd release the Oldies but Goldies and the Hey Jude album. I like the vinyls of those 2 I have. But I reckon all songs are available on other Beatles albums, so that they don't bother to re-release them compilations

I'll pick up a few of these new vinyl pressings. Glad I didn't purchase those expensive mono or stereo CD boxes....as it's nicer to get it on spinning rubber than on plastic

Date: September 25, 2012 10:27

Erik_Snow
Happy Jack

I wish they'd release the Oldies but Goldies and the Hey Jude album. I like the vinyls of those 2 I have. But I reckon all songs are available on other Beatles albums, so that they don't bother to re-release them compilations

I'll pick up a few of these new vinyl pressings. Glad I didn't purchase those expensive mono or stereo CD boxes....as it's nicer to get it on spinning rubber than on plastic

I got the MONO box for $100...fantastic sounding set to be sure.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 25, 2012 10:45

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
Happy Jack

100 dollars? Was it one of them amazon-price-errors?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 25, 2012 13:38

Not only release Hollywood Bowl, but release the entire roof top concert with outtakes to fill it out.
And release a full 14 cd BEEB set. Would be amazing.

Then go to what Ringo suggested they might do and release all the albums with all different takes. There is still a lot of stuff in their vaults.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 25, 2012 14:44

..or release what's not already is released...this box is completly unnessecary.....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 25, 2012 15:35

Come On
..or release what's not already is released...this box is completly unnessecary.....

No it's not.

The albums has been out of print on vinyl for a long time. They need to get back on the shelves.

Date: September 25, 2012 16:07

I probably will pass on it, I have all their albums on Japanese import from the 80's and they are in pristine condition. But! It looks so tempting, I am sure they have done a great job with them, and the box will probably be stunning.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 25, 2012 16:26

Blueranger
Come On

No it's not.

The albums has been out of print on vinyl for a long time. They need to get back on the shelves.

Date: September 25, 2012 16:42

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
Happy Jack

100 dollars? Was it one of them amazon-price-errors?

Amazon yes...price error no. Advertised post Christmas special, on for about a week.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: September 25, 2012 22:13

Hmm vinyl. A petroleum based product. Then there's all the trees they have to kill to make the big 12" sleeves. Thanks for caring about the planet Macca. I guess the environment doesn't matter when Paulie wants to fatten up his bank account some more with another Beatles repackaging.

Date: October 6, 2012 18:34

$298 on Amazon.ca

Date: October 6, 2012 19:12

TippyToe
Hmm vinyl. A petroleum based product. Then there's all the trees they have to kill to make the big 12" sleeves. Thanks for caring about the planet Macca. I guess the environment doesn't matter when Paulie wants to fatten up his bank account some more with another Beatles repackaging.

Stop being so silly. Exile was released on vinyl, Some Girls, GRRR, vinyl is making somewhat of a comeback. It is not Paul raping the earth for money. It is a record. Get a grip.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 1, 2012 08:04

Date: November 6, 2012 15:25

Just got this set and I have to say it is beautifully presented,with heavyweight vinyl and the book which covers the 'making of' each album has plenty of previously unseen stuff therein. Quality!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 6, 2012 16:42

Are they 100% reproductions? For instance do they have the original sleeves? That would be awesome. This would be a great project for The Stones to do.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 6, 2012 16:56

- Hmm, what about the "Hey Jude" album and the non album tracks?

Date: November 6, 2012 17:01

noughties
- Hmm, what about the "Hey Jude" album and the non album tracks?

UK albums only. Non album tracks are collected on Past Masters Volumes 1 and 2 which are included in the set.

Date: November 6, 2012 17:12

frankotero
Are they 100% reproductions? For instance do they have the original sleeves? That would be awesome. This would be a great project for The Stones to do.

Yes, original artwork in pristine new sleeves......looks a bit weird after all these years of having dog-earred, well worn covers!

Date: November 6, 2012 17:27

This, Charlie is my Darling AND GRRR!

My wallet is taking a hit this month.

Just got the Love Me Do 45 yesterday. Woo Hoo!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 6, 2012 18:00

This sounds like an excellent set. I will buy it for sure. And I like the "Love Me Do" single too. But I didn't notice any visible differences between the withdrawn and corrected issue, except the withdrwan copy has darker letters.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 6, 2012 18:20

Erik_Snow

I wish they'd release the Oldies but Goldies and the Hey Jude album.

Agreed. The Oldies But Goldies LP is of historical significance as it was the first Beatles 'Best Of' I am a little surprised that it wasn't dusted off for the remastered Stereo and Mono box-sets. As for the Hey Jude record - why not? They released the Capitol Magical Mystery Tour album, after all. I have Hey Jude on vinyl as my father bought it in London as, I'm guessing, an import in the early 70's. I used to spin it a lot for Old Brown Shoe and Paperback Writer.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 6, 2012 19:55

the difference of the prices is so crazy. in the us it costs less than the half of europe...

Date: November 6, 2012 21:49

I read somewhere that the mono's are coming out sometime in 2013.

I guess they're giving us a chance to save up.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home