Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Chuck Leavell Appreciation Thread
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 24, 2012 17:43

Doc
He's a nice person => indeed

He was great in the Allman Bros => true

He was great in Sea Levell => yep

Mick and Keith love him => sure

The Stones couldn't possible exist without him => no, Ronnie's the guy without whom the band would not have survided the 80ies

He knows the chords and tempos to all the songs => indeed

Ian Stewart annointed him his successor => correct

He's an honorary forest ranger. => good for him

He loves his wife and is kind to animals => good for them

And I STILL can't stand his mid-rangey boring keyboard playing in the Stones!
=> Too bad for you. I always thought Chuck doesen't have that rock n'roll thing. He's very polite, and maybe too polite in his way of playing. The guy brings a lot of positive energy into the band, helping on rehearsals, helping on changing the set lists, and even if I get your point, I am 1.000x happier to see him behind the keyboards than Matt clifford (with all due respect him and his skills).

MORE non-musical points (helps with rehearsals, set-lists, etc) responding to a strictly musical criticism.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 24, 2012 19:58

The Stones could do a lot WORSE than Chuck leavell, I can assure you. And by the way, you can NEVER be too polite!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 24, 2012 20:13

Doc
The Stones couldn't possible exist without him => no, Ronnie's the guy without whom the band would not have survided the 80ies

Well, that at laast what Ronnie loves to think and promote (though I am not so convinced that the story being so simple). I think if anyone, it was - if Jagger's failed solo career attempt is not counted - Michael Cohl who had a a significiant role for The Stones coming alive out of the 80's.

- Doxa

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: September 24, 2012 20:18

CL's release "Back to the Woods" is very sweet listening. Keith on two tracks.

Chuck sat in with the Allman Brothers the day before the first Fenway Park show and made for a fantastic 3 show run - Allmans on the 20th, then Stones on 21st/23rd. Best of both worlds. Yeah, this guy's a @#$%& machine!

Aug 20, 2005 (Sat)
The Allman Brothers Band
Tweeter Center For the Performing Arts
Mansfield, Massachusetts

Revival
Every Hungry Woman
You Don't Love Me
Who's Been Talking
No One To Run With
Desdemona w/Chuck Leavell, keyboards
Woman Across The River
Soulshine
Egypt
Melissa
Dreams w/Chuck Leavell, keyboards
Leave My Blues at Home
Jessica w/Chuck Leavell, keyboards
Encore
Southbound w/Chuck Leavell, keyboards

The Rolling Stones
Fenway Park, Boston, MA, USA
Sunday, August 21, 2005

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
Beast Of Burden
She's So Cold
Heartbreaker
Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
The Worst (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
Satisfaction (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)
Out Of Control
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
It's Only Rock'n Roll (encore)

The Rolling Stones
Fenway Park, Boston, MA, USA
Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
Beast Of Burden
She's So Cold
Bitch
Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
The Worst (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
Satisfaction (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)
Out Of Control
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
It's Only Rock'n Roll (encore)

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 24, 2012 20:19

Michael Cohl and

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 24, 2012 20:35

Max'sKansasCity
Michael Cohl and

Yeah. Ronnie might had a messanger boy role somewhere in the hardest battles during the World War Three, but it was Mr. Cohl who created the real dialog between Mick and Keith... Speaking in terms both of them understood mighty well.. And thus the 'eternal peace' was created, and everybody loved each other again, and thence they all lived their lifes happily till the end, or so...

- Doxa

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 24, 2012 20:41

I would appreciate Chuck if he let other keyboard player play with Stones.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 25, 2012 00:01

Chuck is such a true southern gentleman and great musician I have nothing but love and respect for the guy.

If any of the Chuck basher musicians here would be lucky enough to play with the guy for 5 minutes it would probably change their world, and for sure their attitude about the man. He is player's player. peace

Date: September 25, 2012 02:13

Naturalust
Chuck is such a true southern gentleman and great musician I have nothing but love and respect for the guy.

If any of the Chuck basher musicians here would be lucky enough to play with the guy for 5 minutes it would probably change their world, and for sure their attitude about the man. He is player's player. peace

I'm a musician and a Stones fan. If you like Chuck fine. He does not sound good with the Rolling Stones - gentleman or no. People keep thinking that if we don't like the way he plays with the band, somehow repeatedly telling us what a great guy he is will change our minds. Do not insult our intelligence. Peas.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-25 02:16 by 71Tele.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 25, 2012 02:17

71Tele
Naturalust

I'm a musician and a Stones fan. If you like Chuck fine. He does not sound good with the Rolling Stones - gentleman or no. People keep thinking that if we don't like the way he plays with the band, somehow repeatedly telling us what a great guy he is will change our minds. Do not insult our intelligence. Peas.

What do you play? The kazoo?

Date: September 25, 2012 02:20

More Hot Rocks
71Tele
Naturalust

What do you play? The kazoo?

Yes, and you wouldn't criticize my kazoo playing if you knew what a gentleman and great guy I was, or heard my fantastic kazoo work with the Allmans and Eric Clapton 50 years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-25 02:21 by 71Tele.

Posted by: TRS ()
Date: September 25, 2012 02:43

I hope that new film cross fire hurricane shows lots of archive Leavell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'nnnnnnnn yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-25 02:54 by TRS.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 25, 2012 02:48

Richard from Canada
Chuck's presence is one of the main reasons the Stones have toured over the past two decades.

This is deemed a good thing!? confused smiley

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 25, 2012 07:13

71Tele
He's a nice person

He was great in the Allman Bros.

He was great in Sea Levell

Mick and Keith love him

The Stones couldn't possible exist without him

He knows the chords and tempos to all the songs

Ian Stewart annointed him his successor

He's an honorary forest ranger.

He loves his wife and is kind to animals

And I STILL can't stand his mid-rangey boring keyboard playing in the Stones!

THANK YOU!!!

Date: September 25, 2012 07:13

mickschix
The Stones could do a lot WORSE than Chuck leavell, I can assure you. And by the way, you can NEVER be too polite!

worse...how?

Date: September 25, 2012 07:15

71Tele
Naturalust

agreed. greens.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 27, 2012 18:28

lunar!!!
71Tele
Naturalust

agreed. greens.

Intelligence? Bashing Chuck on an appreciation thread? Hmm. I have my doubts. Most people in bands know that getting along with you bandmates is as important or more than playing the notes that will impress the fans. I doubt there would even be a cohesive Stones without Chuck's organizational skills, etc.

We all know you don't like Chucks playing with the Stones, you have repeated yourself on this over and over again. Leave the appreation thread for the folks that appreciate Chuck please. peace

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1683
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home