Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
the age of the rolling stones fans?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:03

Well i am 59! . Bought my first 7/ inch in 1964. it was Little red rooster.I am

going with them til now!.. Thanks for a lot of great music!

Re: the age of the rolling stones fans?
Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:07

I'm 29 yesterday...:-)
You are the Same Age as me... Ha ha ha

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:24

Havo
Well i am 59! . Bought my first 7/ inch in 1964. it was Little red rooster.I am

going with them til now!.. Thanks for a lot of great music!

Hello Havo I',m 60,my first single was Its All Over Now. Has'nt it been great growing up with our favorite, greatest group of all time, great music, countless tracks spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: basti ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:33

today, now I'm 29

Posted by: ripthisjoint908 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:55

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 02:14

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 18, 2012 02:22

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 18, 2012 03:21

Havo
Bought my first 7/ inch in 1964.

Be careful how you say that !

I'm 51.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 18, 2012 03:45

57, bought Big Hits High Tide then Pow! Converted .. Big fan and collector ever since. Which was difficult in the late 1960s, the English and American mags took three months to get here, we were starved for details.
Today, the mags are too late. The communication in his group is superb!

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: September 18, 2012 03:50

Turned sixty a few weeks ago and been a Stones fan for a long time, blame the British Invasion.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 18, 2012 03:57

29 as well! I was born on Jagger's 40th birthday. Always thought it was cool to share a birthday with Mick. I would love to have a beer with him. Doubt it will ever happen!

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: September 18, 2012 04:58

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:37

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:46

born in '76

Date: September 18, 2012 06:10

been a stones fan since 1973 when i was 13 and first heard GHS.

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: September 18, 2012 06:20

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:09

vox12string

Ditto.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:21

I was 10 years old when I bought my first Stones-single Come On/I want to be loved 1964...that will make me 58 this year...

The Rolling Stones January 1964

2 1 2 0

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:32

I was born the same month The Last Time was released as a single.

That's prolly the last time I'll be born too.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 18, 2012 09:11

I was born 4 days before the release of The Beatles' Revolver album. My earliest memory of The Stones is seeing them on Saturday Night Live in 1978 and being somewhat shocked and weirded out by how Mick was cozying up to Ronnie in that infamous moment, which just goes to show how long The Stones' bad-boy reputation for sleaze and shock value remained intact. Coming home from school that year and into the next, in the afternoons, there would always be a commercial for The Stones' greatest hits and the choruses of many songs would be featured and I remember thinking, those are catchy tunes, I like those melodies. But it wasn't until 1980/81 when I became a serious music fan, starting with The Beatles and of course The Stones, The Who, and et al., then Tattoo You came out, the first "new and current" Stones album I bought.

Date: September 18, 2012 10:01

stonesnow
I was born 4 days before the release of The Beatles' Revolver album. My earliest memory of The Stones is seeing them on Saturday Night Live in 1978 and being somewhat shocked and weirded out by how Mick was cozying up to Ronnie in that infamous moment, which just goes to show how long The Stones' bad-boy reputation for sleaze and shock value remained intact. Coming home from school that year and into the next, in the afternoons, there would always be a commercial for The Stones' greatest hits and the choruses of many songs would be featured and I remember thinking, those are catchy tunes, I like those melodies. But it wasn't until 1980/81 when I became a serious music fan, starting with The Beatles and of course The Stones, The Who, and et al., then Tattoo You came out, the first "new and current" Stones album I bought.

I'm obviously much older than you, as Emotional Rescue was the first 'new and current' Stone album I bought, followed by Sucking In The 70s, jumping back to Some Girls, Hot Rocks, and then finally Tattoo You!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:04

treaclefingers
stonesnow

I'm obviously much older than you, as Emotional Rescue was the first 'new and current' Stone album I bought, followed by Sucking In The 70s, jumping back to Some Girls, Hot Rocks, and then finally Tattoo You!

Back in the day, you would actually have been noticeably older for sure! Quite ancient, in fact. I'll bet you were even shaving when Tattoo You came out...

Date: September 18, 2012 10:06

stonesnow
treaclefingers
stonesnow

Back in the day, you would actually have been noticeably older for sure! Quite ancient, in fact. I'll bet you were even shaving when Tattoo You came out...

I may in fact still have been plucking individual hairs. On the other hand, you're probably right, I probably had invested in a BIC disposable by then, only to be able to tell everyone I was shaving.

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:19

24 years old. Probably the youngest one on this board.
Born in the middle of "World War III", around recording of Talk is cheap and on the same day Mick Jagger opens his first solo tour in Japan. March 15 1988.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:29

Edith Grove
Havo

I'm 51.
Take care too, only 51, Pastis I mean!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:30

Bought Goats Head Soup in '73 because I liked how cool and serious they looked in the Angie video.

Keith was the coolest guy on the planet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 10:30 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:32

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 10:34 by Doc.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 18, 2012 12:57

aprilfool
Edith Grove
Havo

I'm 51.
Take care too, only 51, Pastis I mean!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Got me a bottle of Calvados I bought in Bayeux six years ago, which was 20 years old at the time.

Still have yet to open that bottle up. drinking smiley

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 14:10

49, born under the reign of the Rolling Stones, in July 1963.
My first RS record is Black and Blue, for Christmas 1976.
My latest is 'Some Girls - live in Texas', yesterday.
In between, 10.000 Rolling Stones records.
Luca

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: September 18, 2012 14:38

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home