Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lets steal Chuck Leavells piano
Posted by: TRS ()
Date: September 23, 2012 01:36

Yeah we'll that's his M.O. Chuck Leavell from the Allman Bros."! Take him or leave him? I will take him.....back-to the Allman's!

Date: September 23, 2012 01:53

yeah well the allmans havent had him around for over 35 years so yer barking up a wrong tree

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 23, 2012 02:25

ROCKMAN

Date: September 23, 2012 02:54

ya man ..up the wrong tree! leavell was great on jessica for sure but with the stones..ah..whatever.. dont turn my crank

hey allmans someone said

this one, the voice, is hauntingly good, no pianner necessary

Date: September 23, 2012 03:21

Ha ha!!!yes yes beautiful !!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 23, 2012 04:09

......if anything this thread should bring the lost boy outta hiding ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 23, 2012 04:52

The Stones are a guitar band, Bill says that Keith says so. When I see a Jagger-Richards-Leavell penned tune that sucks then I will look to Chuck for musical accountability. Until then he is Jaggers boy and if he makes Mick look and feel better on stage it's fine with me. peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 23, 2012 05:46

Naturalust
The Stones are a guitar band, Bill says that Keith says so. When I see a Jagger-Richards-Leavell penned tune that sucks then I will look to Chuck for musical accountability. Until then he is Jaggers boy and if he makes Mick look and feel better on stage it's fine with me. peace

If you like him, great. I think his mid-rangey digital piano playing on what should be boogie-woogie type numbers is horrid, stylistically. He just has a lounge piano player approach to their entire catalog. There is nothing magical, special, or swingy in his playing. It's just sort of there. Perfectly competent - but utterly boring. It's like what it would be like if your high school piano teacher played Rolling Stones songs.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: September 23, 2012 06:42

Naturalust

Well. Mick (and Keith) should do exactly as they please. No real argument there from me.

But if they wake up tomorrow morning and decide they should sound like Journey or Foreigner though, as entertaining as their mythology and personalities etc seem to be, well, I am going to remember I initially was drawn to this band for the music and probably nothing to do with concern over their comfort.

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: September 23, 2012 11:09

I know that it could be happen , but for their last shows, i hope, they send back all that ( good musicians) but not rock musicians, like chuck, Daryl, etc
etc, my dream for their last shows fo the band is Jagger, Richards, wood, Watts, Wyman, M.Taylor , Keys, and as guest Clapton and Dick Taylor that all.
Rock'n Roll and Blues ,that all. amen

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 23, 2012 13:58

But if we steal Chuck's piano, the chances to see the Stones live again are minimal...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 23, 2012 14:01

Doxa
But if we steal Chuck's piano, the chances to see the Stones live again are minimal...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Maybe if we stole his amp instead...

Date: September 23, 2012 18:03

71Tele
It's like what it would be like if your high school piano teacher played Rolling Stones songs.

lmfao, my high school music teacher actually tried! And, ..I remember him telling us Hey Jude was about heroin....I hear ya Tele. The only thing I can say is it is not always easy to fit a full range instrument like the piano into the mix.

I did like the way they mixed Chuck in on The Black Crowes first record and thought that approach would be the ticket for the Stones. I liked the way he played on that record and that makes me think it is NOT his playing but some other factor that makes him detract from the overall mix in some folks opinion. peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 23, 2012 18:58

Naturalust
71Tele
It's like what it would be like if your high school piano teacher played Rolling Stones songs.

lmfao, my high school music teacher actually tried! And, ..I remember him telling us Hey Jude was about heroin....I hear ya Tele. The only thing I can say is it is not always easy to fit a full range instrument like the piano into the mix.

I did like the way they mixed Chuck in on The Black Crowes first record and thought that approach would be the ticket for the Stones. I liked the way he played on that record and that makes me think it is NOT his playing but some other factor that makes him detract from the overall mix in some folks opinion. peace

It's NOT his playing? We're not talking about whether his playing was good in the Allmans or the Black Crows. It's how he interprets and chooses to play Rolling Stones songs. There was often trouble with the mix of Stu or Nicky onstage, but I don't think anyone confused that with their playing.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 23, 2012 19:25

71Tele
Naturalust

If you like him, great. I think his mid-rangey digital piano playing on what should be boogie-woogie type numbers is horrid, stylistically. He just has a lounge piano player approach to their entire catalog. There is nothing magical, special, or swingy in his playing. It's just sort of there. Perfectly competent - but utterly boring. It's like what it would be like if your high school piano teacher played Rolling Stones songs.

agreed. whole-freakin'-heartedly...

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 23, 2012 19:26

SweetThing
Naturalust

Well. Mick (and Keith) should do exactly as they please. No real argument there from me.

But if they wake up tomorrow morning and decide they should sound like Journey or Foreigner though, as entertaining as their mythology and personalities etc seem to be, well, I am going to remember I initially was drawn to this band for the music and probably nothing to do with concern over their comfort.

it would be really nice if they woke up tommorow and decided to sound like THE ROLLING STONES....

Date: September 23, 2012 19:52

pinkfloydthebarber
ya man ..up the wrong tree! leavell was great on jessica for sure but with the stones..ah..whatever.. dont turn my crank

hey allmans someone said

this one, the voice, is hauntingly good, no pianner necessary

wow, much thanks for that one barber. REALLY dug it! Sweet vocals and Open G tuned guitar on a tune I have loved since I first heard it. "And you got me feeling like a fool, just like a fool" Sweeet! peace

Date: September 24, 2012 01:41

I know a guy in Brooklyn who knows a guy who knows a guy this can be done!!!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 24, 2012 04:08

Chris Fountain
Stealing Chuck Leavell's piano could result in felony charges. I recommend refraining from such activities.

Yeah well most of the individuals on this board and in particular this thread could always use the insanity plea............

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home