Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: GRRRRR - Boys - Ya let us down!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2012 01:29

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: September 22, 2012 01:44

Have they indicated what is on the DVD?

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: September 22, 2012 01:54

Who´s buying a cd collection these days? Totally obsolete, like selling a typewriter...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2012 01:58

...tell that ta Tom Wolfe

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: September 22, 2012 02:17

OH! Sorry--Wikipedia had it ALL wrong!
I think they're both wonderful selections! I'll be giving the 3-CD set to every member of my family this Christmas as well as to friends.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2012 02:22

nankerphlege
Have they indicated what is on the DVD?

No. Neither have they announced whats on the 7' vinyl single.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: September 22, 2012 03:28

anyone know what's on the DVD ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2012 03:40

Deathgod

Grrr!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 22, 2012 03:57

2016 will be the 50th anniversary of "High Tide and Green Grass"...
They can release a Boxed Set Collection of Compilations!

Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) (US)
Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) (UK)
Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2)
Stone Age
Gimme Shelter
Hot Rocks 1964–1971
More Hot Rocks (Big Hits & Fazed Cookies)
No Stone Unturned
Made in the Shade
Rolled Gold: The Very Best of the Rolling Stones
Solid Rock
Slow Rollers
Sucking in the Seventies
Rewind (1971–1984)
Singles Collection: The London Years
Jump Back: The Best of The Rolling Stones
Forty Licks
Rarities 1971–2003
GRRR!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 22, 2012 03:58

Gazza
Deathgod

Grrr!

That's what I'll say if they do a video for either "Gloom and Doom" or "One Last Shot," and it's as lame as the "Don't Stop" video that had three American slacker dudes and no actual Rolling Stones. I do hope they do a video, though.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 22, 2012 04:09

I plan to buy Grrr! even though I have most of the songs already. I'm looking forward to the new singles and the DVD more than the compilation, but I'm fine with what they've put together. I don't understand why there is so much angst over this release, everyone knew they were putting together a greatest hits package.
As for CD's being obsolete, that's asinie, they wouldn't still make them if people weren't buying them. There are many times when I prefer a CD over an mp3 file and at least CD's still have a cover.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 22, 2012 04:36

stonesdan60
Not that I didn't expect it, but now that the track listing for the new greatest hits compilation is out, I have to say that this is about the biggest let-down I've felt about my favorite band since 1964...

It's another compilation ... that alone made it a huge let-down even without knowing the tracklist. I don't understand what the big deal is - why do so many care what songs are on an album when you know in advance that you already have all the songs? I'll never understand it. Steal the new tracks and make your own grrr playlist. simple enough ...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2012 04:42

latebloomer
I plan to buy Grrr! even though I have most of the songs already. I'm looking forward to the new singles and the DVD more than the compilation, but I'm fine with what they've put together. I don't understand why there is so much angst over this release, everyone knew they were putting together a greatest hits package.
As for CD's being obsolete, that's asinie, they wouldn't still make them if people weren't buying them. There are many times when I prefer a CD over an mp3 file and at least CD's still have a cover.

yeah, right latebloomer...next you'll be saying there's going to be a vinyl version. we weren't born yesterday latebloomer!

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: September 22, 2012 05:08

You forgot 'Rock 'N Rolling Stones'...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 22, 2012 05:24

treaclefingers

...we weren't born yesterday latebloomer!

Nope, but some of us were born more yesterday than others, or something...where's StonesTod when we need him?

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: September 22, 2012 14:22

LeonidP
stonesdan60
Not that I didn't expect it, but now that the track listing for the new greatest hits compilation is out, I have to say that this is about the biggest let-down I've felt about my favorite band since 1964...

It's another compilation ... that alone made it a huge let-down even without knowing the tracklist. I don't understand what the big deal is - why do so many care what songs are on an album when you know in advance that you already have all the songs? I'll never understand it. Steal the new tracks and make your own grrr playlist. simple enough ...

Yeah - You're right; can't argue. I think maybe I just would've had more admiration for the band if they'd taken the time to include more great songs that weren't singles - and yes I own it all anyway. And reconsidering the track lists, it would be hard to span their career with a list that would please everyone...And another good point has been made by many - the target buyers of Grrr are not die-hard fans. They are younger people who may just be ready to discover this legendary band they've heard much about but own nothing by. And for that purpose, I guess it's a pretty good representation.

Date: September 22, 2012 16:19

Gazza
"Jump Back" would have been a unique compilation for the Stones as it was actually their first release on Virgin/EMI after they signed to the label.

Which is hilarious really since Rewind was a compialtion to end their original EMI/Warner Music deal!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: September 22, 2012 17:07

They could have been so much more creative with the super deluxe version, and not so conservative with the main version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-20 05:28 by chelskeith.

Date: September 22, 2012 17:35

Svartmer
Who´s buying a cd collection these days? Totally obsolete, like selling a typewriter...

Wrong. CDs are not obsolete. And I would buy it - if it was worth buying.

Date: September 22, 2012 17:38

chelskeith
They could have been so much more creative with the super deluxe version, and not so conservative with the main version.

They weren't. That's why it's called the SUPER DELUXE. See? It even says it. It's VERY VERY creative - waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more creative than 'main version' or 'regular edition'.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: September 22, 2012 18:23

Thanks for the clarification on the dvd, Gazza

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home