Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ready Steady Go - Stones'66
Date: September 12, 2012 05:40

Not sure how I ever missed this. Start watching at 2:37...

Re: Ready Steady Go - Stones'66
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 12, 2012 05:50

Always fun to see that one again. Look at ALO: the Gorilla theme goes back a long way...

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: September 12, 2012 08:13

Cathy McGowan, oh my, I was 16, she was aimed right at my age group.

Dave Clark, him of the Dave Clark Five, owns all the available tapes of RSG.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 12, 2012 09:30

[i
vox12string[/i]]

Yep - and if you've viewed the Ready Steady Go! Compilatons originally aired in the 80's and 90's, you'll note the Dave Clark 5 appear in every episode. We're they ever actually on the show? I always the original programme focused on, how shall I phrase it?, more credible artists?

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: September 12, 2012 09:36

The clip comes from two episodes. One in 1965 and another in 1966. I am hoping other footage materializes of other episodes.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: September 12, 2012 11:25

Big Al
[i
vox12string[/i]]

Yep - and if you've viewed the Ready Steady Go! Compilatons originally aired in the 80's and 90's, you'll note the Dave Clark 5 appear in every episode. We're they ever actually on the show? I always the original programme focused on, how shall I phrase it?, more credible artists?

Haven't seen the comps since they were first shown in the 80's, but i seem to recall all the DC5 clips being from either promos or, i guess other tv shows.

This is one of them i think, definitely not RSG

Posted by: ash ()
Date: September 12, 2012 12:02

Its not clear how many RSG tapes survive but the bulk were broadcast on channel 4 in the 80s and circulate. The Dave Clark 5 segments are from a completely different show and i think some of the cutaways weren't from the original clips but gave the impression of all the girls screaming Dave,Dave.
Sadly DC has chosen to bury what little RSG he has. I think he doesn't like paying other people royalties or something. He hasn't done f all with the DC5 back catalogue either. I really don't understand his problem.The market for this stuff is disappearing aside from The Rutles and the Stones.
Personally i think that clip of The Who playing Anyway anyhow anywhere on RSG is one of the finest surviving performances from the 60s. That feedback section in the middle is amazing.
I'm sure someone must have taped more audio of The Who,Animals,Yardbirds,kinks playing live on RSG.Anyone????
The only thing i've heard confirmed by someone connected with DC regarding RSG in recent years is that he has no footage of Johnny Kidd and The Pirates, a classic pre Rutles band for whom no footage exists.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 12, 2012 12:34

One thing is certain: Ready Steady Go! was the daddy of popular music shows. Simply the best. Ed Sullivan is probably No.2, but there seemed to be something a little straight-laced about it. Ready Steady Go! was pretty hip and it's run came to a natural end, IMO. It ran for 3 years - and then, bam! It was gone.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: September 12, 2012 15:37

RSG was essential viewing at that time. The show was aired on a Friday evening at about 7pm and their slogan was 'The Weekend Starts Here'. It sure did because you could then go out after the show and enthuse about it with your mates.

And Cathy McGowan, yeeaahh. Oh, the fantasisies I had....

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: September 12, 2012 16:26

Here is the rather deprssing list of the missing RSG episodes. Judging by this it seems fortunate that so much Stones footage from the show survives at all, though tons of great stuff has gone. Of the many Who appearences, only two clips survive. Can't even blame the Beeb for wiping this lot.

[www.lostshows.com]

Here's a more fleshed out account, with notes of the songs the Stones played

[ctva.biz]

Always loved the Stones RSG performances.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 12, 2012 19:27

In the states we would get a sliver of Ready Steady Go on either Hullabaloo or Shindig. A few years back they did a DVD release of Hullabaloo (which was all in color) and they discovered only a few episodes in color remained. They fleshed it out with sometimes horrid looking kinescopes. That is why the 'She Said Yeah', 'Get Off My Cloud' Stones appearance only exists in black and white.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: September 21, 2012 01:01

withaheadfullofsnow
Not sure how I ever missed this. Start watching at 2:37...

Touching but nice to see a healthy happy BRIAN.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 21, 2012 05:58

I think you meant 5:30! Love Ian's piano on "We Got A Good Thing Going"..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home