Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1974 Bill Wyman video
Date: September 10, 2012 05:39

White Lightnin'

Re: 1974 Bill Wyman video
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 10, 2012 06:06

Feakin' brilliant.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 10, 2012 09:21

He almost sounds like Keith on vocals doing White Lightnin'. So that makes Bill the first of the Stones to have done a solo album, in his case out of necessity, just to get the songs done. I was searching on Youtube for another Bill Wyman video I recall from way back, something with him in a leather jacket with his arms crossed, a slow techno tune where he turns from side to side, but couldn't find it. I found this instead, though--friggin' hilarious!

Date: September 10, 2012 09:36

Yes, this is the techno video I remember. A New Fashion from 1982.

Here's a TV performance version of the song--with Kenny Jones on drums!

and the full-length album version, if you are so inclined:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-10 09:58 by stonesnow.

Date: September 10, 2012 09:42

Perhaps doing his best Mick Jagger on this number?

Date: September 10, 2012 09:45

And, of course, Bill Wyman on being Mick:

Date: September 10, 2012 09:54

Hey, did anyone else know this, that Bill Wyman composed a film score, for the 1981 movie Green Ice? Here's one of the pieces, Floating, sung by Maria Muldaur.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: September 10, 2012 11:13

stonesnow
Yes, this is the techno video I remember. A New Fashion from 1982.

Here's a TV performance version of the song--with Kenny Jones on drums!

and the full-length album version, if you are so inclined:

A very underated musician an lyricist is Bill, not just a quite face at the edge of the stage. Been fortunate to see him live a few times but its a shame he doesn't do this song live

Date: September 10, 2012 12:07

I always thought "Monkey grip" and to a lesser degree "Stone Alone" were not half bad. He is just such an uncharismatic singer. And esp. on SA tries to cover this up with excessive BU singers. On SA the songs are all ruined by constant BU singers.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 10, 2012 12:14

Mick was impressed by Je Suis un rock star. I think he could have done something really interesting in the 70s and early 80s. His style is perfect for the new Wave as well as funk and electro.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: September 10, 2012 13:20

Palace Revolution 2000
I always thought "Monkey grip" and to a lesser degree "Stone Alone" were not half bad. He is just such an uncharismatic singer. And esp. on SA tries to cover this up with excessive BU singers. On SA the songs are all ruined by constant BU singers.

And the Louis Armstrong impression on 'No More Foolin'... still far more interesting than most of the other Stones solo ventures

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 10, 2012 14:44

I have a soft spot for some of Wyman's stuff. A bunch of well written tunes. Allmusic Guide has a favorable review of Monkey Grip:
Monkey Grip @ AllMusic Guide

The videos are funny -- Si Si Je Suis Un Rock Star is hilarious -- but in a way detract from his music because his appearance is so stiff while the vocals in themselves are actually pretty relaxed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home