Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
a song called Gloom & Doom has to be inspired by this board
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:28

It seems all bitching and moaning here actually provoked a song!

Re: a song called Gloom & Doom has to be inspired by this board
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:37

Everyone here wants to see them play again, and wants a new album. If they had put out a blues album or ANYTHING worth while, we'd be happy with the effort. Instead we get a kitsch gorilla cover that makes ZERO sense.

Gloom & Doom is what this cheap cover inspires among us fans. And I'm not an old fuddy duddy. I'm in the young (29) demographic. I hate this crap. Remember back when the Stones released NON cartoon artwork?? Remember real photo shoots and experimentation... Remember when Sticky Fingers was banned? This album will never be a lithograph on my wall.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:40

Send It To me

At least it led to something new...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:43

Did we inspire Bitch in 1971?

That would be awesome

Posted by: SweetThing ()

micawber
Send It To me

At least it led to something new...

SUCCESS!!! Finally...

The lion on the BtB cover did make more sense, and is fine artwork at least. This is just shhhhhhhht. I hate it. Where did Mick leave his style? Even Steel Wheels, Undercover or Dirty Work had more of it then this embarrassing bigger da badda da bang title or GRRR! and the completely boring gorilla shite.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:52

Plenty of great suggestions have come from this board's "bitching and moaning". The Stones would have done well to consider some of them instead of this utter tripe.

Date: September 4, 2012 18:54

There should be a shitstorm all over rollingstones.com.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-04 18:55 by micawber.

Date: September 4, 2012 19:04

71Tele
Plenty of great suggestions have come from this board's "bitching and moaning". The Stones would have done well to consider some of them instead of this utter tripe.

Tele, there you go again, getting all grumpy and unhappy.

This gorilla, and the title as well, are the BEST EVER for a Rolling Stones product.

I really didn't think the boys could surpass A BIGGER BANG... but they've done it again!!! I just can't wait to buy this, I am so damn excited.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 4, 2012 19:31

Lesson #1: If you release something, make sure the public can pronounce the title of it.

I mean, how can I tell my friends about the cd? "Yeah, they're releasing this cd called "GRRR". How do you say it? Like Gaaar pr something?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 4, 2012 19:34

JumpingKentFlash
Lesson #1: If you release something, make sure the public can pronounce the title of it.

I mean, how can I tell my friends about the cd? "Yeah, they're releasing this cd called "GRRR". How do you say it? Like Gaaar pr something?

LOL.... going in to BestBuy and saying I want GRRRRRR!!!! They might call the cops winking smiley

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 4, 2012 19:38

On another forum, I just read a thread titled "GRRR! The Rolling Stones announce greatest hits album" and I thought "GRRR!" was the original poster's reaction to the news of yet another greatest hits release. Wrong!
The cover design says "Monkey Man" but the title is just odd.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:02

Is "grrr" a sound that gorillas even make? : )

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:02

I'm sorry, but their 50th anniversary deserves a hell of a lot better than a 50 Licks compilation with a cheap ass cover.

Posted by: genco ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:18

I hate Dirty work art.... but after that I love it

Date: September 4, 2012 20:25

SweetThing
71Tele

This gorilla, and the title as well, are the BEST EVER for a Rolling Stones product.

I really didn't think the boys could surpass A BIGGER BANG... but they've done it again!!! I just can't wait to buy this, I am so damn excited.

I don't think you realize how unintentionally funny your statement about ABB is.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:47

er...i believe the song should be named 'crap and pap'.....just a hunch you unnerstan'....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 4, 2012 20:57

JumpingKentFlash
...make sure the public can pronounce the title of it.

I mean, how can I tell my friends about the cd? "Yeah, they're releasing this cd called "GRRR". How do you say it? ...

video: [www.youtube.com]

Play It LOUD !winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:06

I wonder if Gloom & Doom is a response to Tom Waits' Glitter & Doom.

Date: September 4, 2012 21:16

SweetThing
71Tele

I am perfectly happy. Now get over on the other side of the bar with Max and the other Tele-haters (all three of you). smoking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:20

GumbootCloggeroo
I wonder if Gloom & Doom is a response to Tom Waits' Glitter & Doom.

No, it's a nod to market guru Marc Faber who has a newsletter titled "Gloom & Doom Report".

Did Faber helped Jagger protect his assets and in return got a song named after him? >grinning smiley<

Date: September 4, 2012 21:32

71Tele
SweetThing
71Tele

I don't think you realize how unintentionally funny your statement about ABB is.

winking smiley

Well hopefully they've re-recorded their old school classics but this time with Chuck, Bernard, Blondie and Darryl. Meantime Grrrr is sure to spotlight their greatest work, with 6 or 7 cuts apiece from ABB, B2B and SW, plus at least 5 from DW.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:32

Date: September 4, 2012 21:36

71Tele
SweetThing
71Tele

I am perfectly happy. Now get over on the other side of the bar with Max and the other Tele-haters (all three of you). smoking smiley

Tele, why would want a steak when you eat at McDonalds? Get with the program already. smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:46

71Tele
SweetThing
71Tele

paranoid delusions, uh oh.

Date: September 4, 2012 21:48

Send It To me

The instant I saw that title I thought exactly the same! Wonder if they will mention individual members in the song?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 4, 2012 21:51

71Tele

Well, I always told you your voices were being heard. Maybe they suddenly change the cover? I hope not, I love it.

Posted by: phelge45 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:35

SweetThing
71Tele

Posted by: phelge45 ()
Date: September 5, 2012 00:46

phelge45
So I guess 40 Licks just wasn't entertaining or fulfilling enough, with all of the bands biggest hits, along with 4 new "classic" songs? You must be supper excited they're adding 10 more tracks, right?! They should have called this the 10th anniversary edition of 40 Licks, because its exactly what it is....to each his own I suppose.
SweetThing
71Tele

Date: September 5, 2012 03:18

phelge45
phelge45
So I guess 40 Licks just wasn't entertaining or fulfilling enough, with all of the bands biggest hits, along with 4 new "classic" songs? You must be supper excited they're adding 10 more tracks, right?! They should have called this the 10th anniversary edition of 40 Licks, because its exactly what it is....to each his own I suppose.
SweetThing
71Tele

Well, I would be "supper" excited if I really meant any of what I typed up there.

In reality I actually agree with Tele (and I suppose you as well).

Very disappointing and I really wasn't expecting much to begin with.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1385
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home