Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Jagger's best singing effort ever
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 6, 2012 02:52

DandelionPowderman
whitem8
No Expectations another great Jagger vocal. As is the studio version of Fingerprint File. And You Can't Always Get What You Want. Sublime with his phrasing and dripping sarcasm. Classic.

I've always enjoyed the live version the most. More spot on rhythm-wise, imo.

But I don't think he comes near his studio performance on the live. Doesn't sustain the chorus, kind of barks his way through it. On the studio he adds a lot of nifty nuances to his performance, and he is miked perfectly.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 7, 2012 16:21

Rockman
.....Exile On Main Street Blues

Lol that wasn't bad, ehh?
Still remember trying to play that little plexi vinyl out of the NME on my old record player . .

Date: September 7, 2012 16:55

whitem8
DandelionPowderman
whitem8
No Expectations another great Jagger vocal. As is the studio version of Fingerprint File. And You Can't Always Get What You Want. Sublime with his phrasing and dripping sarcasm. Classic.

I've always enjoyed the live version the most. More spot on rhythm-wise, imo.

But I don't think he comes near his studio performance on the live. Doesn't sustain the chorus, kind of barks his way through it. On the studio he adds a lot of nifty nuances to his performance, and he is miked perfectly.

That is true. Those nuances, combined with the cool rhythmical stuff he does on LYL makes the perfect FF, imo.

Date: September 7, 2012 17:37

Turdontherun
leteyer
No Use in Crying (to much Tatoo You in there?
Ooo. Forgot that one.

And, of course, "Shine a Light", "Winter", "Let it Loose" and all those classics are top-notch, but at the same time they are predictable choices (probably for a very good reason, but anyway).

What about, say, "Feel on Baby"? Nobody?

Jagger's vocals on Feel on Baby are great. No other singer could have pulled it off. Jagger shines all the way through Undercover

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 7, 2012 19:48

Angie, Moonlight Mile, Winter, Out of Tears.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home