Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: september 4..... what do you expect
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 4, 2012 17:06

...and here's the first one:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: September 4, 2012 17:08

yep no tour as of yet . greatest hits package in varying formats

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: September 4, 2012 17:51

I didn't expect this news.... Sad Sad Sad

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 4, 2012 17:59

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Are you kidding? What do I expect? Lightning and Thunder! What else would you expect from the Mighty Rolling Stones?

The skies over Stones World are dripping with anticipation! Keep your eyes on the eyes of the Watchman tomorrow.

yea whatever...

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 4, 2012 18:01

71Tele
Gazza
corriecas
in other words Gazza
It will be bullshite..
thought so
jeroen

No.....it'll be another case of dozens of impatient people getting their expectation levels up to ridiculous extremes as they always do.

stonesnow
September 4....what do I expect?

Well, I expect a lot of people here to be complaining bitterly about the news they wanted to hear but didn't, followed by 2 or 3 speculation threads on when the "real" anticipated news might arrive and what it might entail...

Correctamundo.

I have already made myself experience the disappointment prematurely so I will be fine tomorrow when whatever it is they announce is announced.

You won't be disappointed. I promise.

i'm disappointed

Posted by: Virtual_Nobody ()
Date: September 4, 2012 21:08

a lot of hoopla about absolutely nothing

Grrr is a total shame

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: September 5, 2012 01:10

We got a no-prize for our patience.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 5, 2012 01:13

Well, the subject of the thread can now be
"september 4 ... what did you expect"
My guess is that 99% of the forum readers will pick up Grrr the day it is available. I know I will. I also know that I shouldn't.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 5, 2012 03:13

I predict it will be the announcement of a massive tour and that Bill has agreed to rejoin and has found a drug called Xanax to help him fly. Mick Taylor has agreed to be there on certain high profile dates. Jack White will produce a new album and Mick T and Wyman will contribute to that. What? It's a greatest hits package? The same songs we already have with two new cuts. Who plays bass? Oh. Nevermind.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 5, 2012 03:35

corriecas
Some people say there will be some exciting news tomorrow..

How do you feel about it....

I can not lose... I am so far ahead of the game... I cant be disappointed cuz...

Date: September 5, 2012 04:21

lunar!!!
71Tele
Gazza
corriecas
in other words Gazza
It will be bullshite..
thought so
jeroen

No.....it'll be another case of dozens of impatient people getting their expectation levels up to ridiculous extremes as they always do.

stonesnow

Well, I expect a lot of people here to be complaining bitterly about the news they wanted to hear but didn't, followed by 2 or 3 speculation threads on when the "real" anticipated news might arrive and what it might entail...

Correctamundo.

I have already made myself experience the disappointment prematurely so I will be fine tomorrow when whatever it is they announce is announced.

i'm disappointed

You won't be once you hear the two new "killer" songs.... On second thought: Why do I get the impression that even if they had announced the four shows slated for November (today) you would still have been disappointed? I am fast coming to the realization that no matter what they may do many around here will never be satisfied. Don't really see a future for us. Far too many ingrates around here. Think I will be Following The River. Hopefully, it will lead me to a place where the vast majority have a sincere appreciation for the band. You say you are disappointed? Well, I am also disappointed. Extremely disappointed. Extremely disappointed that so many of the so called hardcore fan base are ingrates, thru and thru. Good day, gentlemen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 04:24 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Date: September 5, 2012 04:29

Two new songs is not a drop in the bucket for what they have given this world already... I could hear them/use them or not.... it doesnt really matter in the grand spectrum of what they have done.

If people are mad at the Stones right now... disappointed, whining, crying for more, better... saying "wha hwha you didnt do it good enough"... blah blah blah, or.... "they just want our money wha wha"... then that just shows how much this is a "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME RECENTLY" world.. The Stones are great, they have done so much great stuff for so long... if they dont do another thing they are great.

Thank You Rolling Stones!!!! you guys kick ass!! You made a lot of fun!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 5, 2012 04:48

Max'sKansasCity
Two new songs is not a drop in the bucket for what they have given this world already... I could hear them/use them or not.... it doesnt really matter in the grand spectrum of what they have done.

If people are mad at the Stones right now... disappointed, whining, crying for more, better... saying "wha hwha you didnt do it good enough"... blah blah blah, or.... "they just want our money wha wha"... then that just shows how much this is a "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME RECENTLY" world.. The Stones are great, they have done so much great stuff for so long... if they dont do another thing they are great.

Now you are making a (somewhat) cogent point: That the band has given us plenty and doesn't "owe" us another thing. I think that's true. However, if you are going to keep putting product out, make it consistent in quality and class with the legacy of the band. Other artists come to mind who have done this. Don't offer yet another hits package (with no new "hits"), and especially don't offer one with cover art and title that are more in keeping with a late-night K-Tel special TV offer rather than the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 5, 2012 04:52

lunar!!!
71Tele
Gazza
corriecas
in other words Gazza
It will be bullshite..
thought so
jeroen

stonesnow

Correctamundo.

i'm disappointed

You won't be once you hear the two new "killer" songs.... On second thought: Why do I get the impression that even if they had announced the four shows slated for November (today) you would still have been disappointed? I am fast coming to the realization that no matter what they may do many around here will never be satisfied. Don't really see a future for us. Far too many ingrates around here. Think I will be Following The River. Hopefully, it will lead me to a place where the vast majority have a sincere appreciation for the band. You say you are disappointed? Well, I am also disappointed. Extremely disappointed. Extremely disappointed that so many of the so called hardcore fan base are ingrates, thru and thru. Good day, gentlemen.

Oh no, are you going to have another dramatic tearful exit and come back yet again with a new name and post the same stuff?

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 5, 2012 04:55

lunar!!!

i'm disappointed

Ah, so you've heard them already, have you? Being an insider/secret agent man for Stones, Inc. certainly has its privileges. Either that or you must have a "killer" bootleg connection. Let me guess, the 2 new tracks are your favorite tracks since Dirty Work and the most brilliant tracks they've recorded since Bulges to Bubble-on... I'll hear them when they're up on Youtube--probably the day of or day after release of the GRRRilla comp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 06:28 by stonesnow.

Date: September 5, 2012 23:13

Max'sKansasCity

Your sweet words are like music to my ears.smileys with beer

Date: September 5, 2012 23:18

71Tele
Gazza
corriecas
in other words Gazza
It will be bullshite..
thought so
jeroen

stonesnow

Correctamundo.

Except for the glass half empty types, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-05 23:19 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Date: September 5, 2012 23:29

stonesnow
lunar!!!

i'm disappointed

Ah, so you've heard them already, have you? Being an insider/secret agent man for Stones, Inc. certainly has its privileges. Either that or you must have a "killer" bootleg connection. Let me guess, the 2 new tracks are your favorite tracks since Dirty Work and the most brilliant tracks they've recorded since Bulges to Bubble-on... I'll hear them when they're up on Youtube--probably the day of or day after release of the GRRRilla comp.

You do have a fabulous imagination. smileys with beer

Date: September 6, 2012 05:28

71Tele
lunar!!!
71Tele
Gazza
corriecas
in other words Gazza
It will be bullshite..
thought so
jeroen

stonesnow

Correctamundo.

i'm disappointed

Oh no, are you going to have another dramatic tearful exit and come back yet again with a new name and post the same stuff?

I am afraid it's way to late in the game for anymore comebacks.

Date: September 6, 2012 05:30

You can always come back... Rock and Roll never forgets...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 6, 2012 05:32

71Tele
lunar!!!
71Tele
Gazza
corriecas
in other words Gazza
It will be bullshite..
thought so
jeroen

stonesnow

Correctamundo.

i'm disappointed

Don't go, MightyStones. Look, I made this little video just for yougrinning smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-06 05:43 by tatters.

Date: September 6, 2012 07:03

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
That 9-5-12 is to be the next day.

Skippy, stop pretending you don't give a damn. Admit it, you are just as excited as the rest of us. About 9-4 and beyond, that is.smiling smiley

You obviously don't know so whatever. I've been just a little busy dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Isaac and truly had no idea what the big stupid stinking deal was with 9-5-12.

And now that I've seen what it was about, tell me, what was the big deal about 9-5-12?

Date: September 6, 2012 07:05

stonesnow
lunar!!!

i'm disappointed

You do have a fabulous imagination. smileys with beer

You've earned it.

Date: September 6, 2012 07:30

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
That 9-5-12 is to be the next day.

Skippy, stop pretending you don't give a damn. Admit it, you are just as excited as the rest of us. About 9-4 and beyond, that is.smiling smiley

You obviously don't know so whatever. I've been just a little busy dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Isaac and truly had no idea what the big stupid stinking deal was with 9-5-12.

And now that I've seen what it was about, tell me, what was the big deal about 9-5-12?

9-4 was Magic Moment #2 on our journey. You know, the 50th anniversary journey. Can't wait to see what Magic Moment #3, #4, etc., etc. brings us.

Date: September 6, 2012 07:40

tatters
71Tele
lunar!!!
71Tele
Gazza
corriecas
in other words Gazza
It will be bullshite..
thought so
jeroen

stonesnow

Correctamundo.

i'm disappointed

Don't go, MightyStones. Look, I made this little video just for yougrinning smiley

Very touching, tatters, but I really must be on my way very soon now.

Date: September 6, 2012 07:47

Max'sKansasCity
You can always come back... Rock and Roll never forgets...

Keep up the good work. You are a true Stones fan, thru and thru.smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 6, 2012 11:04

tatters
71Tele
lunar!!!
71Tele
Gazza
corriecas
in other words Gazza
It will be bullshite..
thought so
jeroen

stonesnow

Correctamundo.

i'm disappointed

Very touching, tatters, but I really must be on my way very soon now.

Oh, no--does your contract with Stones Inc. expire soon, now that the 50th annum marketing push is in full swing? Noticed that you spelled 'thru and thru' like in Keith's song. Well, why wouldn't you? Will miss ya!... Seriously, MSSR50, how can you stop [posting here]?...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home