Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Elton-gate, what made Keith pick on Elton?
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 2, 2012 12:52

Info about feud
Was it because elton sported a Brian Jones '64 hair piece? Dead blondes would include Brian. grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-02 12:52 by Redhotcarpet.

Re: Elton-gate, what made Keith pick on Elton?
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 2, 2012 13:34

Wasn't it after Elton overstayed his welcome on one of the 75 shows?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 2, 2012 13:55

For some reason, Keith Richards criticized Elton John to Entertainment Weekly after #hearing him perform the song

“Candle In the Wind” at Princess Diana’s funeral: “His writing is limited to songs
#for dead blondes,” Richards quipped. Elton quickly hit back -- hard -- with some
#of his harshest words for the Rolling Stone. “I’m glad I’ve given up drugs and
#alcohol,” Elton said at the time. “It would be awful to be like Keith Richards.
#He’s pathetic. It’s like a monkey with arthritis, trying to go on stage and look
#young. I have great respect for the Stones but they would have been better if
they# had thrown Keith out 15 years ago.”
Men’s Health ranked his reply as one
#of the “25 Meanest Things Ever Said By Men.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-02 13:55 by TooTough.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 2, 2012 14:39

Elton John made 5 or 6 amazing albums.

Then he got cloned or something or injected with Ronnie Corbett gene cells.

Hey Elton... you should have packed it in in 1979.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 2, 2012 15:00

I don't know - Elton's album with Leon Russell is tasty. It's a shame, though, that he, Elton, detracts from his music with his image, and his stupid remarks.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 2, 2012 15:55

franzk
Wasn't it after Elton overstayed his welcome on one of the 75 shows?

thumbs up That's what happened and he hasn't forgiven him since.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:32

tomcasagranda
I don't know - Elton's album with Leon Russell is tasty. It's a shame, though, that he, Elton, detracts from his music with his image, and his stupid remarks.

Not to wade into their war, but if Keith fires the first volley, isn't he asking for it? I remember Keith saying it at the time, and thinking 'what a @#$%&' tool!'

Elton should have probably just let it slide, but that doesn't mean Keith didn't have it coming.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:34

Elton loves to have a go at people though. Over the last few months he's launched a few unprovoked tirades at Madonna too. S'pose it helps him stay in the spotlight...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:41

I like Elton's personality, I think he's great. I Keith's defense, though, that princess diana song was whopping piece of saccharine crap.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:43

Send It To me
I like Elton's personality, I think he's great. I Keith's defense, though, that princess diana song was whopping piece of saccharine crap.

...the lyrics of which Elton didnt even write (either version), which rendered Keith's comment somewhat redundant.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:45

What're ya saying G?

Bernie had his hand up Elton's ass his entire career...?

Date: September 2, 2012 17:12

Munichhilton
What're ya saying G?

Bernie had his hand up Elton's ass his entire career...?

Sort of.

Elton John writes the music. Bernie Taupin writes the lyrics.

Thats the way their partnership has always been. They dont even write the songs together.

Its common knowledge that Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics to 'Candle In the Wind' - both the original and the rewrite for Princess Diana's funeral.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: September 2, 2012 18:14

As I recall, it was reported at the time that Elton left the funeral early to start work on getting the single released. Great friend to the Princess. Then it went on to be the number one selling single of all time. It looked quite greedy. Keith's comments, when taken in context, were in response to Elton's disrespect and greed in this situation, and the fact that he couldn't even write a new song. How much hell would The Stones catch on this board if one of the new tunes from the Paris sessions turned out to be "Brown Sugar '12"? I have no use for Elton. I saw an interview with him talking about seeing Elvis in one of his later concerts and commenting how fat and embarrassing Elvis appeared. I don't know if Elton has any mirrors in his house, but he's not really in any position to criticize Elvis's or Keith's physical appearance.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 2, 2012 18:22

nonfilter
As I recall, it was reported at the time that Elton left the funeral early to start work on getting the single released. Great friend to the Princess. Then it went on to be the number one selling single of all time. It looked quite greedy. Keith's comments, when taken in context, were in response to Elton's disrespect and greed in this situation, and the fact that he couldn't even write a new song. How much hell would The Stones catch on this board if one of the new tunes from the Paris sessions turned out to be "Brown Sugar '12"? I have no use for Elton. I saw an interview with him talking about seeing Elvis in one of his later concerts and commenting how fat and embarrassing Elvis appeared. I don't know if Elton has any mirrors in his house, but he's not really in any position to criticize Elvis's or Keith's physical appearance.

[www.non-filters.com]

Are you serious? Wow he could not wait an hour!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 2, 2012 18:35

nonfilter

[www.non-filters.com]

I also have no use for Elton's stupid remarks, or Keith's.

Date: September 2, 2012 18:47

nonfilter

[www.non-filters.com]

Must be true, then! Was he pressing the copies himself!

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: September 2, 2012 19:09

I remember reading that is all started with him(Elton) coming on during a show and overstaying his welcome. something like he stayed for four or fives songs and Keith was getting increasing pissed that he wasn't leaving.

I saw a documentary about Elton John a few years ago and in my opinion that guy is a complete horse's ass. In the film he got completely pissed off becasue someone saw hom playing tennis and he freaked out. Levaing the court bitching how he takes his tennis seriously and then demanding they fuel up his plane as he was outta there. He calmed down but sure was showing his true colors . Arrogant little twit.

Date: September 2, 2012 20:05

Elton is a character.

Not a likeable one but a character all the same.

Was the program "tantrums and tiaras"?

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: September 2, 2012 20:17

Heyt, at least EJ gives his fans a great show at a reasonable price. I got FC tix 8 rows from the piano at MSG and he played the entire Capt fantastic album and a lot more. And he does play his on his own without being propped up with extra piano players playing the hard parts.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 2, 2012 20:20

Watergate had nothing to do with water. Therefore, using the suffix "gate" to give a scandal a cute name makes absolutely no sense. I hope one day the media will figure that out and stop doing that.

Date: September 2, 2012 20:31

GravityBoy
Elton is a character.

Not a likeable one but a character all the same.

Was the program "tantrums and tiaras"?

It was. It was hilarious. The scary thing was that, unlike Spinal Tap, it wasnt a satire but the real thing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-02 20:33 by Gazza.

Date: September 2, 2012 20:51

Elton has had problems with various celebrities, and he can be a horrible little man with a potty mouth. Wishing journalists cancer of an intimate area is particularly deplorable.

Date: September 2, 2012 21:00

"Tumbleweed Connection" is a brilliant artistic statement and I love listening to it.

Doesn't mean I have to like the objectionable little git.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 2, 2012 21:10

You have to like that Elton will fight back. He was one of the first and own up to sexuality. It's been a while since he's put out a song with the old verve, but his boxset is in good rotation around here.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2012 21:24

GravityBoy
"Tumbleweed Connection" is a brilliant artistic statement and I love listening to it.

Doesn't mean I have to like the objectionable little git.

I agree. I feel the same way about Van Morrison, who is supposed to be a really horrible guy. I don't care, Astral Weeks is sublime.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: September 2, 2012 21:29

Reg Dwight is a bitchy old queen...some of his sour remarks are funny. HIs music has sucked for a loooong time now though.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 2, 2012 21:53

GravityBoy
Elton John made 5 or 6 amazing albums.

Then he got cloned or something or injected with Ronnie Corbett gene cells.

Hey Elton... you should have packed it in in 1979.

That late? I'd have said more like 73 after the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album. All albums from Elton John (1970) to that are amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-02 21:56 by Silver Dagger.

Date: September 2, 2012 22:22

The Leon Russell-duet Union album doesn't suck: it is a diamond in the rough.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 2, 2012 23:37

Assume you all know that is NOT Elton in the photo above.

Date: September 2, 2012 23:38

stonesrule
Assume you all know that is NOT Elton in the photo above.

Really?

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home