Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Breakin'
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 26, 2012 13:49

Before listening to Dirty Work sessions outtakes [http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,1657934] i was sure that Breakin' was a Talk is Cheap outtake.
So 'Breakin' (which is not early version of 'How i wish') it's a Dirty Work outtake reworked by Keith with Winos during Talk is cheap sessions.
It's correct?

Re: Breakin'
Posted by: Raluca ()
Date: August 26, 2012 14:22

Great tune !!!
Greetings Raluca

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 26, 2012 15:33

Keith worked it up with Jordan for Talk Is Cheap.
I don't think it was played at the Dirty sessions.

After the TIC sessions, Keith brought Almost Hear You Sigh to the Stones, but I don't think anything went the other way...

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 26, 2012 15:39

Breakin' has been played during the Paris part of the Dirty work sessions.

Date: August 26, 2012 15:45

Which boot did you hear that one?

Mean Lean Hits DAC seems to be a mix

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-26 15:47 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: August 26, 2012 16:00

2CD "High temperature" (VGP) or 2CD "Mean Lean Hits" (DAC). same version of "Breakin'" on both CD's. Keith Richard on vocal.

Martin Elliott talks about a version with Mick on vocals released on bootleg. If somebody knows a bootleg with "Breakin'" sung by Mick, I'd be very interested in getting informations about this bootleg.

Date: August 26, 2012 16:54

aprilfool
Breakin' has been played during the Paris part of the Dirty work sessions.

thumbs up

[www.iorr.org]

Date: August 26, 2012 17:03

LiveAtHidepark
2CD "High temperature" (VGP) or 2CD "Mean Lean Hits" (DAC). same version of "Breakin'" on both CD's. Keith Richard on vocal.

Martin Elliott talks about a version with Mick on vocals released on bootleg. If somebody knows a bootleg with "Breakin'" sung by Mick, I'd be very interested in getting informations about this bootleg.

I've never heard about...
"Breakin" and "You got it made" are great songs.

Date: August 26, 2012 17:18

LiveAtHidepark

You're right!
[www.stonessessions.com]

8 April - 17 June 1985 EMI Pathe Marconi Studios, Paris, France.
963. You Can't Cut The Mustard (3.26) *
(a) Early Take - (2.55)
965. High Temperature (5.23) *
967. My Baby Left Me (3.20) *
968. She Never Listens To Me (7.34) *
970. Knock Your Teeth Out *
971. Treat Me Like A Fool (6.40) *
(a) Take 1 - (5.06)
(b) Take 2 - (3.10)
(c) Take 3 - (1.52)
972. What Are You Gonna Tell Your Boyfriend? (5.13) *
973. Don't Get Mad (0.58) *
974. Who's Shagging Who? (2.04) *
975. Cut Your Throat (5.59) *
976. You Got It (2.56) *
977. Some Of Us Are On Our Knees (5.38) *
978. Breakin' (2.55) *
(a) MJ Take

Date: August 28, 2012 11:03

LiveAtHidepark

...me too!

Date: August 28, 2012 16:30

After listening more closely to the DW outtake, it seems its a different song. He clearly is using the word 'Breakin'" in it, but the 13 minute Talk Is Cheap version is more like How I Wish then the 3 minute DW version.

Cool track.

Posted by: Richards1978 ()
Date: August 28, 2012 17:40

Munichhilton
After listening more closely to the DW outtake, it seems its a different song. He clearly is using the word 'Breakin'" in it, but the 13 minute Talk Is Cheap version is more like How I Wish then the 3 minute DW version.

Cool track.

Thank You !

Of course it's an early how I wish ! Ok melody is a bit different, but this is certainly due to the use of new lyrics. Breakin' ended up in How I wish, i can't understand how one can't realize that...
I mean it's just like if you tell me that Good time Woman isn't Tumblin' Dice... That's why it's not on Exile and that's why Breakin' is not on talk is cheap.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-28 17:42 by Richards1978.

Date: August 28, 2012 18:47

Richards1978
Munichhilton

Cool track.

Thank You !

Of course it's an early how I wish ! Ok melody is a bit different, but this is certainly due to the use of new lyrics. Breakin' ended up in How I wish, i can't understand how one can't realize that...
I mean it's just like if you tell me that Good time Woman isn't Tumblin' Dice... That's why it's not on Exile and that's why Breakin' is not on talk is cheap.

Happy to help!

Date: August 28, 2012 23:01

Richards1978
Munichhilton

Cool track.

Thank You !

...and i can't understand how one can't realize that Breakin' it's not How i wish early version

Posted by: Richards1978 ()
Date: August 29, 2012 00:14

Well, just try to sing How I Wish over Breakin, you'll see...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 29, 2012 00:31

Let's Work is better. thumbs up

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: August 29, 2012 01:02

Despite the differences between Mick and Keith, and the perception that the era wasn't very productive, the DW sessions were a prolific time for the band. They cut a lot of material.

KRiffhard
LiveAtHidepark

You're right!
[www.stonessessions.com]

(a) Early Take - (2.55)
965. High Temperature (5.23) *
967. My Baby Left Me (3.20) *
968. She Never Listens To Me (7.34) *
970. Knock Your Teeth Out *
971. Treat Me Like A Fool (6.40) *
(a) Take 1 - (5.06)
(b) Take 2 - (3.10)
(c) Take 3 - (1.52)
972. What Are You Gonna Tell Your Boyfriend? (5.13) *
973. Don't Get Mad (0.58) *
974. Who's Shagging Who? (2.04) *
975. Cut Your Throat (5.59) *
976. You Got It (2.56) *
978. Breakin' (2.55) *
(a) MJ Take

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 4, 2012 20:06

KRiffhard
LiveAtHidepark

You're right!
[www.stonessessions.com]

[...]
978. Breakin' (2.55) *
(a) MJ Take
That's weird because I don't think ME has access to "non-circulating" tapes like some collectors here so he bases his comments on bootlegs...could there be some confusion with an off-mike UC outtake like the non-descript "Cookin' Up"/"Still in Love" rocker.

Actually I looked up his appendix for UC and I see :
"916. Can't Find Love *
917. You Keep It Cool *
918. Christine *"

Non circulating AFAIK, is that info he got from Chris Kimsey while working on the new version of his book?

Date: November 4, 2012 21:45

Richards1978
Well, just try to sing How I Wish over Breakin, you'll see...

Hi Richards1978, i've tried and i'm more conviced that it's not HIW early version!

"Breakin" version with Mick on vocals (if it exists...) would be very interesting.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 5, 2012 01:56

Ok I had a closer look at that sessions list and it's quite likely he got some input from Kimsey for the 1982 sessions, just too much stuff there that's never been mentioned anywhere else...

...as for the "MJ Take" of Breakin' he gives it a 2'55" timing and he only gives a time to the stuff that circulates and the second batch of DW outtakes that surfaced sometime around 2000 and ended on the "High Temperature" boots happens to have a Breakin' that lasts...2'54" but it has Keith on vocals not Mick so I wonder if Martin Elliott didn't make a mistake there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home