Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones Pet Sounds
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 17, 2012 17:39

I assume most know about the Beach Boys 1966 Masterpiece Pet Sounds. In 1996, Brian Wilson created The Pet Sounds Sessions for the 30th anniversary Collection (which I recommend for anyone who loves the original album). It also came with a 127 page booklet.

If you had your choice of a similar project for the Stones, which album would it be (other than EOMS)? Assume each take for each track is available and the sound is a 10. What release would be the most interesting to listen to?

I would probably choose TSMR.

Re: The Stones Pet Sounds
Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 18, 2012 06:43

There's an eight-disc boot of the Satanic sessions floating around on the internet. It's pretty tedious.

I'd go with Beggars' Banquet, but would include the sessions for Jumpin' Jack Flash and Child of the Moon. The last album by the original Stones and several songs changed significantly over the sessions.

Re: The Stones Pet Sounds
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 18, 2012 09:44

Yeah, there probably aren't many extra takes/alt mixes of anything done pre-67, because those albums were done more quickly, so I'd have to go with Beggar's Banquet and especially Let It Bleed, as these were the last of the Brian sessions, so those might shed more light on whatever input Brian might have had on these--at least on the tracks where Brian's guitar wasn't turned down and eliminated from the recording mixes...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home