Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: OT - RIP Elvis Presley has died
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 17, 2012 22:47

Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
Elvis has not died unless it is officially announced by Weekly World News. Last check of website indicate no news of Elvis-

[weeklyworldnews.com]

and in other news -
"CURIOSITY KILLS MARTIAN CAT".. "science tragedy"

"How will the Martians retaliate against Earth for killing one of their precious, feline-like companions? Do cats on Mars also have nine lives? Are there Martian puppies?"

What does NASA have to say about this fiasco?

This is a breaking story Chris, so there are still details coming in by the minute... but they are saying that they are very concerned and all that can be done is being done. At the moment The TSA has set up check points at the Earths outter atmosphere and you can rest assured that they will keep us as safe as they always have.

Curiosity Killed the Martian Cat
But "Satisfaction" brought him Back!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 17, 2012 22:50

Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
Chris Fountain
Elvis has not died unless it is officially announced by Weekly World News. Last check of website indicate no news of Elvis-

[weeklyworldnews.com]

and in other news -
"CURIOSITY KILLS MARTIAN CAT".. "science tragedy"

"How will the Martians retaliate against Earth for killing one of their precious, feline-like companions? Do cats on Mars also have nine lives? Are there Martian puppies?"

What does NASA have to say about this fiasco?

This is a breaking story Chris, so there are still details coming in by the minute... but they are saying that they are very concerned and all that can be done is being done. At the moment The TSA has set up check points at the Earths outter atmosphere and you can rest assured that they will keep us as safe as they always have.

Curiosity Killed the Martian Cat
But "Satisfaction" brought him Back!
So the cat came back?.... of course he did... he always does...

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 17, 2012 22:59

Elvis would have been long dead by now anyway, of a heart attack--just get a look at what his favorite meal was:

Yes, the famous dish titled Elvis Presley's Cheeseburger and Meatloaf Sauce

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 17, 2012 23:03

More Hot Rocks
Justin
Ha! Nicely done on making yourself look even more like an ass. It says a lot about someone who can't stand behind their own posts but rather sinks this low to make completely irrelevant comments about the poster calling them out on their BS. What are you, like five years old? Carry on...looking forward to more of your crap posts...

you still suck as a guitarist.....waaaaaah

Obviously just a case of Sour Grapes, nothing more.

Date: August 17, 2012 23:06

stonesnow
Elvis would have been long dead by now anyway, of a heart attack--just get a look at what his favorite meal was:

Come on man, everyone knows Elvis' favorite meal was the much healthier fried peanut butter and banana sandwich...

and for those playing along at home- [www.recipesource.com]

Elvis Presley’s Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

Recipe By : Are You Hungry Tonight: Elvis' Favorite Recipes
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:05
Categories : Celebrity Sandwiches

Amount Measure Ingredients
-------- ------------ -------------
1 small ripe banana
2 slices white bread
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter

Preparation Method
In a small bowl, mash to banana with the back of a spoon. Toast the bread ligh
tly. Spread the peanut butter on one slice of toast and the mashed banana on t
he other. Fry the sandwich in melted butter until each side is golden brown.
Cut diagonally and serve hot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-17 23:09 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 17, 2012 23:15

Date: August 17, 2012 23:24

Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow

Come on man, everyone knows Elvis' favorite meal was the much healthier fried peanut butter and banana sandwich...

But that's not a meal, that's a snack. Here's a meal:

1 hamburger bun
1/2 lb ground beef
1 slice tomato
1 large lettuce leaf
1/8 cup chopped onion
1/8 cup chopped mushroom
2 slices American cheese
4 pieces bacon
4 teaspoons butter
ketchup
mustard
relish
mayonnaise

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 17, 2012 23:27

This is very sad

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 17, 2012 23:33

I believe this thread is an exact representation of how the general public views Elvis Presley: the importance of his music completely buried under fat-Elvis, "Elvis is still alive"/"I saw Elvis at Burger King," and food/hamburger jokes. Kinda sad, really.

Posted by: belubettlo ()
Date: August 17, 2012 23:36

Could this be possible?
At the height of his famed food intake, Elvis was consuming 94,000 calories per day. An Asian elephant eats only 50,000.

35 Things you never knew about Elvis

#image=13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-17 23:44 by belubettlo.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 17, 2012 23:47

A couple weeks after Elvis died I was in a supermarket (Westward Ho, on the corner of National & Sawtelle, currently a Whole Foods) when this guy walks in dressed like Elvis, jumpsuit, sun glasses, the hair, the whole bit., He says to his friend "This is the kind of food Elvis would eat". His friend says, "but I thought you were Elvis." To which he responded, "Ya, that's right, this is the kind of food I eat. (looks at cashier) Dispite what you might think honey, I'm still alive."

After that I started seeing "him" everywhere.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 17, 2012 23:56

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: August 17, 2012 23:56

The attitudes and opinions of so called music fans and some members here is really shamefull. And it doesnt represent the majority of decent people here. Ive noticed over the years ep gets a fair bit of stick from various people here.there are bands and musicians that i dont like but i respect others opinions not to be rude or demeaning about them.
Its not a big issue..but sometimes things bug me here.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:11

Justin
I believe this thread is an exact representation of how the general public views Elvis Presley: the importance of his music completely buried under fat-Elvis, "Elvis is still alive"/"I saw Elvis at Burger King," and food/hamburger jokes. Kinda sad, really.
That is very pessimistic of you.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:16

I think the world still loves Elvis and it is rooted in his music then runs through his movies through his Vegas shows through his women/rumors//etc through his looks and through his untimely death and everything in between.. it runs the gamut... everything...

I bet if you asked the man/woman/kid on the street(world wide) ""QUICK IN TEN SECONDS TELL US ABOUT ELVIS""... you would get the full spectrum of answers.... all of them... but no one would say "WHO?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-18 00:23 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:21

Justin

No one's making jokes here. This is how Elvis really ate, and his former cook at Graceland actually published a memoir on the subject. NPR even did a story on this--do you think they were being shameful as well? Read below:

From NPR's All Things Considered: A Dish Fit for a King
On Anniversary of Elvis' Death, a Recipe for BBG Bologna

August 16, 2001--Elvis Presley may have been the king, but in his kitchen Mary Jenkins Langston was the queen.

Langston was the cook at Graceland, the rock and roll star's estate in Memphis, Tenn., for 14 years. She specialized in the kind of down-home cooking that Elvis loved--especially the stuff that's really bad for you.

How bad? A short list of his favorites includes butter-soaked grilled banana and peanut butter sandwiches, biscuits fried in butter and filled with sausage, T-bone steaks -- grilled in butter, naturally -- and meatballs wrapped in bacon.

Some wags contend that Langston was to blame for the disappearance of Elvis' famed pelvis at the end of his life. Langston, in her own defense, said before her death last year that Elvis paid the bills -- so whatever he wanted to eat, he got.

On this 24th anniversary of Elvis' death, NPR's Vertamae Grosvenor decided to sample one of the king's favorite dishes -- barbequed bologna.

The ancestor to bologna is mortadella, a sausage that originated in Bologna, Italy where the Guild of Sausage Makers was created in the 14th century. Mortadella was considered fit to be served at wedding feasts and dinners for important people. In other words, it was a sausage fit for a king.

BBQ Bologna
1/2 stick of bologna (not the cut-up deli style, but from a whole roll)
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 lemon juice
2 tablespoons red pepper
1 tablespoon salt

Punch holes in the bologna and place on a grill or in the oven. Mix the other ingredients, and constantly baste the roll while it cooks on low heat for about an hour. Then baste the roll with barbecue sauce, and cook for about another half hour, then serve.

Langston's recipe culled from her Elvis memoir, Elvis: Memories Beyond Graceland Gates

www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2001/aug/010816.bologna.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-18 00:26 by stonesnow.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:21

Justin

Not the general public. Just a few who look for the bad. Some here don;t like the Elvis adulation so they find his faults fun to point out from behind a keyboard
As a lifelong Elvis fan I've learned to have fun with it much like E probably would have. I love him and wish someone took better care of him so he could still be wowing us like Tony Bennet but that was not to be.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:22

Max'sKansasCity
I think the world still loves Elvis and it is rooted in his music then runs through his movies through his Vegas shows through his women/rumors//etc through his looks and through his untimely death and everything in between.. it runs the gamit... it is the whole thing.... everything...

I bet if you asked the man/woman/kid (world wide) on the street ""QUICK IN TEN SECONDS TELL US ABOUT ELVIS""... you would get the full spectrum of answers.... all of them... but no one would say "WHO?"

Exactly right.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: August 18, 2012 00:24

What - Elvis died, again? Is this his third attempt?
The first time he was saved from drowing in a bowl of soup.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:24

DoughboyUK
The attitudes and opinions of so called music fans and some members here is really shamefull. And it doesnt represent the majority of decent people here. Ive noticed over the years ep gets a fair bit of stick from various people here.there are bands and musicians that i dont like but i respect others opinions not to be rude or demeaning about them.

Don't blame us here--whole websites are devoted to the topic of Elvis' diet, such as:

www.squidoo.com/eatlikeelvis

And if that isn't enough for you, you can even purchase the Elvis cookbook from Amazon.com:

Date: August 18, 2012 00:27

stonesnow
DoughboyUK

Don't blame us here--whole websites are devoted to the topic of Elvis' diet, such as:

www.squidoo.com/eatlikeelvis

And if that isn't enough for you, you can even purchase the Elvis cookbook from Amazon.com:

Thats a great cookbook. The very one we've used for our Elvis feasts over the years. The kids have grown up waiting on January 8th and August 16th. Days of food and DVDs with a soundtrack all day long...great book.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:33

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
I think the world still loves Elvis and it is rooted in his music then runs through his movies through his Vegas shows through his women/rumors//etc through his looks and through his untimely death and everything in between.. it runs the gamit... it is the whole thing.... everything...

I bet if you asked the man/woman/kid (world wide) on the street ""QUICK IN TEN SECONDS TELL US ABOUT ELVIS""... you would get the full spectrum of answers.... all of them... but no one would say "WHO?"

Exactly right.
smileys with beer

And how many people are there (has there ever been) that are as well known Elvis? How much money per year does he STILL make? I bet a fried banana peanut butter sandwich that Elvis is (would be) delighted with how we all STILL talk about him... sheesh that RIP Horshack thread only got 5 replies(an IORR low post for that type of thing).... most did not even care enough to bash him... poor Horshack. Elvis is bigger than Jesus.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:34

Munichhilton
Thats a great cookbook. The very one we've used for our Elvis feasts over the years. The kids have grown up waiting on January 8th and August 16th. Days of food and DVDs with a soundtrack all day long...great book.

Exactly. Elvis was the king alright--the king of comfort food. I'd like to try that peanut butter bacon cheeseburger recipe I posted above sometime, I probably wouldn't be able to move for about 4 hours--if I could eat the whole thing. I must say, I'm puzzled over the negative, even hostile, reactions of some of the posters on this thread, as if our posts on Elvis' down-home diet were somehow defiling their sacred object--perhaps these posters are just sad inside to begin with, or angry, or both.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:36

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity

Exactly right.
smileys with beer

And how many people are there (has there ever been) that are as well known Elvis? How much money per year does he STILL make? I bet a fried banana peanut butter sandwich that Elvis is (would be) delighted with how we all STILL talk about him... sheesh that RIP Horshack thread only got 5 replies(an IORR low post for that type of thing).... most did not even care enough to bash him... poor Horshack. Elvis is bigger than Jesus.

NBC news with Brian Williams [the only news good enough to mention the King] reported Elvis Presley's estate made $55 Million in 2011. Not bad for a dead guy....if he's dead...

Date: August 18, 2012 00:43

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity

Exactly right.
smileys with beer

NBC news with Brian Williams [the only news good enough to mention the King] reported Elvis Presley's estate made $55 Million in 2011. Not bad for a dead guy....if he's dead...

Amazing... that is absolutley amazing... Good for Elvis...

And.... I'd bet 20 pounds of BBQ Bologna that most Elvis customers did not spend $55 Million on ""fat-Elvis, "Elvis is still alive"/"I saw Elvis at Burger King," and food/hamburger type of stuff"". (no offense meant J, I just think poeple love Elvis for far more)

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: August 18, 2012 00:43

stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow

1 hamburger bun
1/2 lb ground beef
1 slice tomato
1 large lettuce leaf
1/8 cup chopped onion
1/8 cup chopped mushroom
2 slices American cheese
4 pieces bacon
4 teaspoons butter
ketchup
mustard
relish
mayonnaise

That hamburger with a knife in it is from Toby Keith's I Love This Bar, is it not?

Date: August 18, 2012 00:45

Long John Stoner
That hamburger with a knife in it is from Toby Keith's I Love This Bar, is it not?
I dont know... but reading this thread sure has made me hungry!!

**and want to listen to some Elvis songs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-18 00:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 18, 2012 00:53

Long John Stoner
stonesnow
Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow

1 hamburger bun
1/2 lb ground beef
1 slice tomato
1 large lettuce leaf
1/8 cup chopped onion
1/8 cup chopped mushroom
2 slices American cheese
4 pieces bacon
4 teaspoons butter
ketchup
mustard
relish
mayonnaise

I don't know, I only selected the photo because it seemed to have all the elements of the recipe I listed--sure looks tasty, doesn't it? Colorful, too.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: August 18, 2012 00:55

So quick trivia- who was the session lead guitarist on Viva Las Vegas?

Date: August 18, 2012 00:58

Long John Stoner
So quick trivia- who was the session lead guitarist on Viva Las Vegas?

The same guy to did those Beach Boys sessions? Glen Campbell? [I cheated with the help of Google, but I already knew about GC playing on the BB sessions.]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home