Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Are The Stones still motivated to roll
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2012 22:17

Darryl Jones is just a hired bass player. He is not a member of the band. But I am sure they ask Chuck Leavell if he is available. They need him to keep the show running.

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 6, 2012 22:18

bv
Darryl Jones is just a hired bass player. He is not a member of the band.

but he's still a person and he bleeds and stuff.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 6, 2012 22:36

So.......?????
we all bleed and do stuff.

jeroen

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 6, 2012 23:13

I'm thinking they may pull the plug on all touring...they were supposed to say SOMETHING over 2 weeks ago...silence. In reality, it would be fine with me at this point. All of my vacation have been on hold 4-ever because I have been waiting for THE announcement. I AM WAITING......

Date: August 6, 2012 23:27

No... Ronnie said they were gonna say something in a week ....
And.... he is full of talk and got a big mouth.---

Its all of us waiting for jagger to speak

Really hope its happening, but i live in doubt

Jeroen

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 6, 2012 23:35

StonesTod
bv

...LET IT BLEED then, i guess...darryl will just drop everything and come running when the gravytrain beckons...can't really blame him but....still looking at him as a 'hired' player after contributing for 19 years..why is chuck any more/less valuable?....don't mean to start the whole him vs. other guy debacle but...i suppose you could say bobby keys is a hired player too...if wyman came back, wold'nt he be 'hired' to play, or would they make him a full member again?...would he or they even want that? Is there enough time left in their career to even wory about such an arrangement?....what in the hell am i on about?...so many burning questions...so much time...

Date: August 6, 2012 23:55

StonesTod
bv

There are 13 musicians on stage. Four of them are the Stones and the rest are hired musicians. We are talking about who is making decitions. Mick, Keith and Charlie spent some 50 years in this band, and even Ronnie was "the new kid" for ages. That's how it works.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 7, 2012 00:28

bv
StonesTod
bv

There are 13 musicians on stage. Four of them are the Stones and the rest are hired musicians. We are talking about who is making decitions. Mick, Keith and Charlie spent some 50 years in this band, and even Ronnie was "the new kid" for ages. That's how it works.

But this must be a unique situation. You spend more than 20 years with a band as a regular bass player and still you are considered a hired hand. He's has been with The Rolling Stones 4 times longer than Mick Taylor and 3 times longer than Brian Jones...

Date: August 7, 2012 00:34

bv
StonesTod
bv

oh. well, that's what we count on you for, bv. the rest of us peons still don't understand a thing about how it works.

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: August 7, 2012 00:51

Don't we have enough stress in our lives without trying to figure out if the Stones will or won't tour. I know this. There is no better entertainment on this planet than a live Stones concert. If they tour I will be there and if they don't I say thanks for the memories.

Date: August 7, 2012 01:02

lougio
There is no better entertainment on this planet than a live Stones concert.

not even season three of seinfeld?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 7, 2012 01:25

corriecas
Darryl, who the f...is Darryl.
jeroen

he is not a stone, he´s a hired gun
jeroen

anyway, i´m losing my faith in the fact there will be a few shows
Maybe it was all BS for the documentary

jeroen

Who the hell is jeroen?

Date: August 7, 2012 01:27

2000 LYFH
corriecas
jeroen

jeroen

jeroen

Who the hell is jeroen?

is he the guy bo diddley wrote a song about?

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: August 7, 2012 01:48

Stoneage
bv
StonesTod
bv

But this must be a unique situation. You spend more than 20 years with a band as a regular bass player and still you are considered a hired hand. He's has been with The Rolling Stones 4 times longer than Mick Taylor and 3 times longer than Brian Jones...

Well Chuck has already been mentioned, and what about Bobby, Bernard and Lisa? They've all been with the band longer than Darryl, but I think most here agree that they're not membera of the Rolling Stones either.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 7, 2012 02:12

Stoneage
bv
StonesTod
bv

Yes, but both Mick Taylor and Brian Jones each played on 4 and 3 times as many songs as Darryl Jones--for DJ, 3 years working and 18 years sitting around waiting for the call...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 7, 2012 02:39

most likely the stones themselves arent even sure what to do next.they'll come up with something though,they always do.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 7, 2012 02:55

StonesTod
2000 LYFH
corriecas
jeroen

jeroen

jeroen

Who the hell is jeroen?

is he the guy bo diddley wrote a song about?

then he's still waiting for "it" to be brought...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 7, 2012 03:31

Geez, ya'll, with the exception of Stu in the very beginning, the Stones have never been more than a five-piece band with various supporting musicians over the years.

The current lineup, or at least the lineup until '07, I'm sure are great friends of the Stones, but regardless of how long they've been with the band, there are only four "members" of the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: August 7, 2012 06:18

bv
First of all remember they are four persons not one. Four motivations. Four families. And as time goes by they sure have different goals, interests and motivations.

This is also a good answer to folks who cite Dylan, Macca and Bruce as artists who follow their musical muse, tour often and mix up the setlist, critics be damned. Solo artists have that option/luxury.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: August 7, 2012 08:39

Coming back to the theme of the thread "Are the Stones still motivated to roll" are would be very reluctant to reply.
Björnulf might be right with decisions and families ties to get in line. However I believe that another set of concerts ( I wouldn't call it a tour) would be the biggest Rock and Roll news as there is and will be no other band being so succesful for so many decades.
The media pressure, the expectations, fame and shame,further on security and so many open questions about the ability of the musicians to play a 2 hour set has to be thoughtfully considered.
This is not just another rock and roll show. This would be the final and sometimes I have the feeling that the Stones never thought about closing the tour book. They never thought to get that close to call it the last show. And they all know it would be the last set of shows.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 7, 2012 09:33

corriecas
No... Ronnie said they were gonna say something in a week ....
And.... he is full of talk and got a big mouth.---

Its all of us waiting for jagger to speak

Really hope its happening, but i live in doubt

Jeroen

But it was Mick who actually said it this time (12.7.), if I am not mistaken. That's why many of us thought it might be real this time and...as if Ronnie said it again...

Date: August 7, 2012 13:54

I know Mick made a statement about a few shows.
I meant Ronnie has said, that hopefully within a few weeks there will be an tour announcement made.
This has not happened yet....

maybe they, or their management are putting the last things together.
i really hope so.
But if there will be a few shows in November,december , surely there will be a announcement soon???

jeroen

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 7, 2012 15:31

If there were any "announcements" in the pipeline...I shouldn't think they would materialise until all the Olympic nonsense is over with and there's some space in the media.

Date: August 7, 2012 18:26

It takes a lot to jump into ice water or to run a marathon, but once you are into it then it feels good, and after it feels even better. This is how ther Stones have it right now. Love hate and then do it. Soon... Motivated? Yes. Pain? Yes. Joy? Yes. Coming? Soon.

Bjornulf

Date: August 7, 2012 18:49

pain??? PAIN??? you've gone too far now, bv.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 7, 2012 19:51

"I am sure they ask Chuck Leavell if he is available. They need him to keep the show running."

Unfortunately - wished he was less "visible" onstage.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 7, 2012 21:07

mtaylor
"I am sure they ask Chuck Leavell if he is available. They need him to keep the show running."

If things were falling into place for the tour and then they found out Chuck would not be available for 18 months, what do you think the Stones would/should do?

If Mick and Charlie both said lets wait but Keith and Ronnie said lets do it, I wonder how they would work it out!

Date: August 7, 2012 22:01

2000 LYFH
mtaylor

If things were falling into place for the tour and then they found out Chuck would not be available for 18 months, what do you think the Stones would/should do?

If Mick and Charlie both said lets wait but Keith and Ronnie said lets do it, I wonder how they would work it out!

Bring back Mac.

Date: August 7, 2012 22:05

Edith Grove
2000 LYFH
mtaylor

Bring back Mac.

against his will??? can u imagine how awful mac would sound playing at gunpoint???

Date: August 7, 2012 22:26

StonesTod
Edith Grove
2000 LYFH
mtaylor

Bring back Mac.

against his will??? can u imagine how awful mac would sound playing at gunpoint???

Once you go Mac, you won't go back.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home