Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who's seen Brian live?
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 17:50

And tell us what you remember!

I'm enjoying the "rarest songs you've heard" thread so hoping some of you have stories..

I haven't seen him, but once in Chicago touring Chess another guest mentioned how he'd seen the Stones early days many times and immediately the tour guide lost all our interest and we just listened to this guy talk about Brian lol.

And a friend of mine's father was part of an iconic group back then who the Stones actually opened for and I've been dying to talk about it but I can never ask those stories cuz my friend tunes out whenever that kind of stuff comes up

Re: Who's seen Brian live?
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 26, 2022 18:04

IORR user "Aquamarine"; AND she saw Dylan at the RAH '66, which was of course coolest Dylan ever...

[iorr.org]

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: March 26, 2022 19:09

Yeah, sure, I saw Brian in 1965 at The Odeon Cinema in Rochester, England - anyone else there? Surely someone?
Lineup was Mick Keith Bill Brian and Charlie.

My front row seat cost ten bob (£0.50), and it was a fifteen minute walk from home.

I was twelve years old, I think I’d discovered The Rolling Stones through a TV programme called Ready Steady Go.

I dared to stand up during the performance, and a big fat security guard rushed to push me back in my seat, and sat on me. He wouldn’t get off till I promised not to get up again, if I did I would be chucked out!

That was my first of 8 RS concerts over the years.
There was a thread a while back, asking which was peoples favourite concert, a few people said, their first one. I totally agree with this, definitely my ‘formative years’, mid sixties, nearly a teenager, set me on a r & r route for life, never looked back.

I know I was so lucky to see this lineup.
Sadly, I won’t be buying a ticket for the UK shows this year, but that’s another story……….

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 26, 2022 19:20

eye popping smiley What an experience!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 26, 2022 19:56

OMG!

I thought this was a thread about some recent Brian sitings!

Date: March 26, 2022 20:06

@ycagwywpmd thanks for that! man, I enjoyed living vicariously thru that story

Posted by: KeefFan2003 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 21:23

In about 50 years, when Keith Mick and Ronnie go on tour with their 110 years stones celebration, someone will start a thread called "who's seen charlie live?" I'll be ready to answer that.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 26, 2022 22:44

Milan
IORR user "Aquamarine"; AND she saw Dylan at the RAH '66, which was of course coolest Dylan ever...

[iorr.org]

I did, thanks for remembering! grinning smiley Stones also at the RAH in 1966, what I remember most is how gleeful Brian looked when girls invaded the stage. What a night, though!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 26, 2022 23:27

Had a friend who saw them at the Indianapolis Fairgrounds Coliseum the summer '66 U.S. tour. She said it was very loud.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 26, 2022 23:59

Milan

[iorr.org]

Free Trade Hall Manchester.... cool smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 27, 2022 00:38

No, never

But a funny thing about my neighbour....he was a sea-man; he spent his life doing this and that, untill he finally became a captain. But in 1966 . he was in Honolulu; and drink as a skunk, they all went to the concert "nearby".....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 27, 2022 00:45

Did they get leid ??????????? .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: March 27, 2022 11:51

Not me, but when I was in Dublin in 2018 I talked with the guy standning next to me in the crowd, and he told me that this was his second Stones concert. The first was in -65....

Date: March 27, 2022 19:43

GeorgV
Not me, but when I was in Dublin in 2018 I talked with the guy standning next to me in the crowd, and he told me that this was his second Stones concert. The first was in -65....

lol, And I thought I had waited a long time between my first and second shows

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 27, 2022 20:26

I never saw Brian, but as I've mentioned here before, my wife did several times.

The first when she was 14 and attended the taping of the TAMI Show.

When I met her 40 years ago and she told me that, I think my jaw literally dropped.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 27, 2022 21:09

March 1967
Dortmund Westfalenhalle

I was 14 years old back then. Turned 15 in July.
For a young small boy like me it was chaotic. So I stayed
in the back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 00:30 by Phil Good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2190
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home