Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Tom Waits Mystery Announcement
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 1, 2012 07:37

I got this in an email today with the header "Permission to come aboard". If anyone is touring soon, I hope it's this guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-01 07:38 by 71Tele.

Re: OT: Tom Waits Mystery Announcement
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 1, 2012 08:02

got this too, hope is the same

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: August 1, 2012 09:53

Pirates of the Caribbean #5, he's Captain Jack Sparrow' uncle grinning smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 1, 2012 13:11

Rumors are a world tour starting in March...? One can only hope its true!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 7, 2012 17:25

No tour announcement but a new music video:

Date: August 7, 2012 17:30

That's IT? I expected more after three e-mails. Not even a very good song.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 7, 2012 17:32

Great song !

Date: August 7, 2012 17:34

WOOO tele! One of the best on the album! Great Keif riffing too. Love it. Apocalyptic shock rock. Great lyrics and propulsive percussion. Love it!

Date: August 7, 2012 18:06

whitem8
WOOO tele! One of the best on the album! Great Keif riffing too. Love it. Apocalyptic shock rock. Great lyrics and propulsive percussion. Love it!

Alright, I was too harsh because of my disappointment that all this hype (three mysterious emails with really cool photos) only led to a new video. I had visions of him touring with the band he played with on Letterman and Fallon. Still not one of my favorite songs though. A little noisy for my taste.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: August 7, 2012 22:09

What, he's gonna replace Keith in The Stones? They look like brothers ...

Date: August 8, 2012 04:40

Kind of disappointed given the big build up. I was really hoping for another U.S. mini tour this summer.

Date: August 8, 2012 05:15

I think Tom is learning Hype from the Stones...and I don't mean that as a compliment.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 8, 2012 05:21

its good to be anywhere
Kind of disappointed given the big build up. I was really hoping for another U.S. mini tour this summer.
Me too... Tele really let us down on this one... after all his hype and getting us pumped up.... then this... dang Tele.... just dang... how could you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-08 05:22 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 8, 2012 05:29

Yeah it was a bummer, I was really hoping for a tour announcement, but love the song and video!

Date: August 8, 2012 05:33

Max'sKansasCity
its good to be anywhere
Me too... Tele really let us down on this one... after all his hype and getting us pumped up.... then this... dang Tele.... just dang... how could you?

You're a riot, Max...ok, all my fault. Mea culpa...feel better?

For the record, all I said was that I hoped he'd tour - read the initial post. I didn't make a prediction, um, unlike some people regarding the Stones on SNL. But I am sure that detail escaped you in your latest petty attempt to have a go at me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-08 05:35 by 71Tele.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 8, 2012 05:35

TheDailyBuzzherd
What, he's gonna replace Keith in The Stones? They look like brothers ...

You think so? Tom Waits has always struck me as more of a mutant...

Date: August 8, 2012 05:36

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
its good to be anywhere

For the record, all I said was that I hoped he'd tour - read the initial post. I didn't make a prediction, um, unlike some people regarding the Stones on SNL. But I am sure that detail escaped you in your latest petty attempt to have a go at me.
winking smiley LOL

...but ...but... how could you let us down like this Tele? how could you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-08 05:37 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 8, 2012 05:36

A tour could happen later. He is notoriously hesitant about touring. I love the idea of him out there backed by Muddy's son on guitar. Maybe if Keith isn't busy...

Date: August 8, 2012 05:39

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
its good to be anywhere

winking smiley LOL

It is very difficult to ascertain what your point even is. Is there a point? I enjoyed your hiatus. In fact it's what I liked best about you.

Date: August 8, 2012 05:46

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
its good to be anywhere

winking smiley LOL

It is very difficult to ascertain what your point even is. Is there a point? I enjoyed your hiatus. In fact it's what I liked best about you.

Oh Tele dont get all butt hurt.

Date: August 8, 2012 05:47

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
its good to be anywhere

winking smiley LOL

I love you Max. Here's a big cyber kiss for you. Life is more interesting with a worthy opponent. Or something.

Date: August 8, 2012 05:51

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
its good to be anywhere

winking smiley LOL

I love you Max. Here's a big cyber kiss for you. Life is more interesting with a worthy opponent. Or something.

ewwwww!!!!!! please no more imitations of male gymnasts, cyber beers will suffice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-08 05:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 8, 2012 05:54

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
its good to be anywhere

winking smiley LOL

ewwwww!!!!!! please no more imitations of a male gymnasts.

I actually haven't watched any gymnastics at all this Olympiad. Boring sport. Women's water polo was pretty good today though. Big thighs on those girls.

Date: August 8, 2012 06:12

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
its good to be anywhere

winking smiley LOL

I actually haven't watched any gymnastics at all this Olympiad. Boring sport. Women's water polo was pretty good today though. Big thighs on those girls.
THUNDER THIGHS!!
Those water polo girls got me rocking!! I cant explain it, but I like them A LOT!!! And if you saw that match today, you saw a good one. I have never really watched much water polo until this Olympics, but I wathced some early matches and they caught me... I have at least DVRd and watched them all... WP has been one of the most fun events to see... next up the Gold medal match against the tough Aussie team... should be another great match.

Date: August 8, 2012 06:26

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
its good to be anywhere

winking smiley LOL

THUNDER THIGHS!!
Those water polo girls got me rocking!! I cant explain it, but I like them A LOT!!! And if you saw that match today, you saw a good one. I have never really watched much water polo until this Olympics, but I wathced some early matches and they caught me... I have at least DVRd and watched them all... WP has been one of the most fun events to see... next up the Gold medal match against the tough Aussie team... should be another great match.

Well, we agree on this one. Those women are oddly alluring. And that game-tying Aussie goal with one second left was exciting. I can't get used the the whistles blowing all the time though. It's disconcerting.

Date: August 8, 2012 06:36

Term of the day- "oddly alluring".

yup yup yup... I find them oddly alluring.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 8, 2012 06:36

The mystery is what anybody sees in this guy. He is awful!

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: August 8, 2012 06:39

sweetcharmedlife

Spoken by a Dead fan, correct?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 8, 2012 06:42

71Tele
sweetcharmedlife

Yep and I'll take the Dead over ole constipated voice anyday.

Date: August 8, 2012 06:45

sweetcharmedlife
71Tele
sweetcharmedlife

Yep and I'll take the Dead over ole constipated voice anyday.

It seems you would. I'll take Tom over Wheezy and Mr. Cut Offs any day.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home