Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: If you could travel back in time, which year in the Stones career would you pick?
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 31, 2012 15:47

Oddly enough 1975 to relive all those concerts I attended that year.

Re: If you could travel back in time, which year in the Stones career would you pick?
Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 31, 2012 15:53

1967 - to get professional help for Jones to get rid of the drugs and support him to do something more on his own musically, I would also prevent the second bust in 68.

But hey, I would most likely also want to visit various studio sessions in 65-68 and also see them live in 66/67.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-31 19:30 by tonterapi.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 31, 2012 16:12

Early 1962, then joining the band and being part of the whole damn thing

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: July 31, 2012 17:59

Either 1967 or 1969

1967 watching them record THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST. Also take Tom Keylock's place and chauffeur Keith, Brian and Anita from London to Tangier and hang with them there.

1969 at Cotchford farm on July 2. Kick Frank Thorogood in the Ba**s as they walk to the pool and tell him to get back inside and fix the beam in the kitchen. Then throw him off the property for good.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 1, 2012 02:07

..early 2012--one of the most productive periods in their career......oh wait..i mean 1912.....er..no ..that's not right either.....hmmmm...i guess maybe...oh crap--forget it...'geez...

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 1, 2012 02:10

ok ok how about....aww nuts..these nonsensical threads make me....er....never mind...uh..i'll stick with 2012...but only 'cause we are all expecting brilliant things in the second half....

Posted by: Richmond63 ()
Date: August 1, 2012 02:12

Go to their gig with Elic the Mod.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: August 1, 2012 14:54

1981-82........................... at the very point when i got rollingstoned for the rest of my life

Date: August 1, 2012 15:28

1964 at the T.A.M.I-show.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: August 1, 2012 15:52

1964 - 1965 period. Following them from studio to studio in America and London to hear them record those early albums and singles.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: August 2, 2012 01:52

I would travel back to 17 okt. 1973 with a ticket in my hand for the first show in Brussels!!
........and for the rest of the year - easy, a ticket to every show on that tour!

Per-Arne

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 2, 2012 02:07

I would have loved to have been @ MSG when Get Yer Ya Yas Out was recorded !

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: August 2, 2012 05:03

1970. European Tour. First European tour since '67. Stones still at their peak. This tour is the most overlooked Tour of the post-60's era and probably one of their best...just a few months after their riotous and mythical U.S. tour Their Satanic Majesties barnstorm through Europe on the heels of witnessing and participating in the death of the 60's at the Altamont Apocalypse -- and their European concerts incite riots wherever they go...police and fans clash on almost every stop.

Let It Bleed is still on the charts and acquiring masterpiece status and Ya Ya's has just been released ! Songs like Midnight Rambler and Sympathy For The Devil and Street Fighting Man and Honky Tonk Women are fresh ! The Stones are previewing unknown songs like Brown Sugar and Dead Flowers...hmmm...I wonder if they'll ever make it onto an album...

Mick Taylor is growing into his guitar-hero role...Ian and Bobby are in the band...Keef, Charlie and Billy are locked into a vicious groove...Mick looks beautiful. still retains his status as a radical counter-culture political and sexual icon, exuding charisma and danger...

Take me back to late summer / early autumn 1970...

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: August 5, 2012 11:03

2000 LYFH
Either 1967 or 1969

1967 watching them record THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST. Also take Tom Keylock's place and chauffeur Keith, Brian and Anita from London to Tangier and hang with them there.

1969 at Cotchford farm on July 2. Kick Frank Thorogood in the Ba**s as they walk to the pool and tell him to get back inside and fix the beam in the kitchen. Then throw him off the property for good.

I SOOOOOO love this one!!! (especially the last part)smileys with beersmileys with beer
-----------------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-05 11:05 by MissNBrian.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 5, 2012 14:42

Pick a time? I would pick 1962 and introduce myself as their new manager! An American blues fan, speaking their language and ride the train with them and change history. Yeah, if only dreams came true.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: August 5, 2012 15:20

1968-1969to watch live the Hyde Park Concert and to be guest at the Sussex Rehearsals

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 5, 2012 15:39

i would go back to 1962 and put a bet on with their promoters that they would last more than 50 years.

give or take 1 or 2 personell changes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 6, 2012 09:22

MissNBrian
2000 LYFH
Either 1967 or 1969

I SOOOOOO love this one!!! (especially the last part)smileys with beersmileys with beer
-----------------------------------

yes...this was a good one. perhaps the best one.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 6, 2012 18:02

1972 - volunteering my services as assistant to Robert Frank.

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: August 6, 2012 18:10

Don't laugh but summer of 2003 will be just fine for me. Vredenberg, Circus Kronesmiling smiley))))))))

John Nicholls

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: August 6, 2012 18:52

Hotstuff
73' . Best tour ever and most underrated album GHS

Agreed. Plus I could see Bowie again before he retired Ziggy.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: August 6, 2012 20:39

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 8, 2012 06:53

1969 without a doubt!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home