Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Procrastination (maybe Stones related?)
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 17, 2012 21:10

A study that says procrastination is good for you. So who do you think of the Stones is the biggest procrastinator and what role do you think it has played with the band? I think Keith wins procrastinator in chief and I think it played a big role in the creative process for the band.
By the way, I haven't actually read this yet, I'll get around to it later.

[www.smithsonianmag.com]

Re: OT: Procrastination (maybe Stones related?)
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 17, 2012 21:11

sorry, can't help you. i'm totally anticrastination....

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 17, 2012 21:43

think of all the things you can do later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-17 21:44 by duke richardson.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 17, 2012 21:49

Procrastination is the thief of time.

It stems from the Latin "cras" (tomorrow).

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 17, 2012 22:19

Mick is the greatest procrastinator of them all. To postpone this upcoming(?) tour almost six years is a procrastinating masterpiece.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 18, 2012 03:45

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 18, 2012 13:28

Can we think about this tomorrow ?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 18, 2012 14:43

Spud

funny but procrastination is a real bitch when you suffer from it...

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: July 18, 2012 14:47

Spud

I was going to say that but didn''t get around to it

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 18, 2012 15:11

StonesTod

Here we have the saying Procrastination leads to total castration.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 18, 2012 16:44

kleermaker
StonesTod

Here we have the saying Procrastination leads to total castration.

if you plan it ahead of time, it's called precrastination

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2012 17:09

I was going to post to this thread yesterday but I just didn't get around to it.

Date: July 19, 2012 01:06

Fritiof Nilsson Piraten, "The Pirate", was a famous Swedish author and humorist from the south-most province Skåne. He understood what procrastination was all about and had the following epitaph inscripted on his gravestone (roughly translated): "Here lie the ashes of a man in the habit of putting everything off until tomorrow. He changed for the better on his deathbed, however, and did in fact die on 31 January 1972".

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 19, 2012 09:45

Procrastination is on my list of things not to do--which I haven't composed yet, because one only composes a list of things to do. Therefore, procrastination will remain at the top of my list of things to do, and so I will just keep procrastinating until I run out of things to do... but then it will be too late... so I'll just keep procrastinating to keep life interesting.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 19, 2012 10:51

Stoneage
Fritiof Nilsson Piraten, "The Pirate", was a famous Swedish author and humorist from the south-most province Skåne. He understood what procrastination was all about and had the following epitaph inscripted on his gravestone (roughly translated): "Here lie the ashes of a man in the habit of putting everything off until tomorrow. He changed for the better on his deathbed, however, and did in fact die on 31 January 1972".

Haha, I didn't know that one. grinning smiley (I'm from Sweden myself)

Date: July 19, 2012 15:06

Thanks Lieb. So I'm not the only Swede around here. Feels comforting in a way. Sometimes when you think you have found something with some poignancy you often notices that your contribution just sinks to the bottom without anyone commenting on it. On the other hand: When you make a random stupid remark without thinking to much you'll get 50 answers within 10 minutes!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 19, 2012 18:10

I read that the Stones entered Olympics Studios (I think it was) shortly after Led Zeppelin recorded their first album (I think it was) there and were impressed to learn that Zeppelin recorded and mixed the album in nine days.

The Stones could have had an album a year for years now if they'd not procrastinated and instead "squeezed in" those nine days every, say, February.... "Alright, mates, we record from Feb. 1 - 9th. See you at the studio in a week. And I've been able to tear Bill away from his metal detectors to join us."

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 19, 2012 18:36

Title5Take1
I read that the Stones entered Olympics Studios (I think it was) shortly after Led Zeppelin recorded their first album (I think it was) there and were impressed to learn that Zeppelin recorded and mixed the album in nine days.

The Stones could have had an album a year for years now if they'd not procrastinated and instead "squeezed in" those nine days every, say, February.... "Alright, mates, we record from Feb. 1 - 9th. See you at the studio in a week. And I've been able to tear Bill away from his metal detectors to join us."

Well they were very busy taking drugs, chasing women, buying homes, getting arrested, getting divorced, having children, and making metal detectors. Did I leave anything out? It seems to me with all that "work" it's a wonder they got any music done. smiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home