Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is this one of the worst versions ever of a Stones song?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 13, 2012 07:39

I came across this embedded in a video while watching a video someone had posted in another thread. I can't believe how horrible this sounds. It's so bad I can't believe its the Stones that are actually playing this and not a karaoke band. They ruined it.

Re: Is this one of the worst versions ever of a Stones song?
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 13, 2012 07:44

Bad mix and terrible guitar effects/tone.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:04

No, there are worse. I think the video has been taken off YouTube, or at least the one I had in my favorites, but there was a video from 81 or 82 of She's So Cold. It was awful, in the beginning it sounds like everybody starts off playing different songs. After a minute or so they finally get it together.

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:17

Sometimes it's hard to believe just how little Ronald & Keith seem to care on stage, musically speaking - I mean, everyone else is fine on this, but those two obviously don't give a rat's arse.

If the Stones operated on James Brown's principle, these lazy-asses would've had their entire night's pay docked for tossing away a perfectly playable song.

Maybe taking a little time to work out what they'll play on songs like this wouldn't have gone astray, but why do that when you can practise the ancient art of posing instead.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:29

Mick and Charlie is brilliant...don't know what Keith and Ronnie got stucked up in their arses here...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:50

Funny that Keith is playing Brian's part, the least audible part on the record.
It's not that bad; I've heard worse. If they played this song tomorrow, it would sound just like this.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 13, 2012 08:58

I'm not a musician, but are those guitars tuned correctly? They sound off key from the start. Horrible to the ears. I mean this is certainly overdubbed and worked at.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:36

Yes its one of the worst ever, It is a horrible version, the tempo, singing (retirement home), everything. Live it should be like this:

OK I cant find it right now but yeah baby Im talking 1975!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:36

NoCode0680
No, there are worse. I think the video has been taken off YouTube, or at least the one I had in my favorites, but there was a video from 81 or 82 of She's So Cold. It was awful, in the beginning it sounds like everybody starts off playing different songs. After a minute or so they finally get it together.

No sir that was rock n roll.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:42

Are we listening to the same thing?

OK, a couple of bum notes here and there, but sounded like a very good performance to me!

C

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 12:43

Hey, you! get off of they cloud!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 13, 2012 13:02

I'm sorry but I would call that constant bum note playing and singing.

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: July 13, 2012 14:11

liddas

OK, a couple of bum notes here and there, but sounded like a very good performance to me!

C

I agree...I did even listen to the whole song! Enough energy. Normally I don't bother what The Stones are doing (the last 20 years). Guitars are in tune by the way.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 13, 2012 16:03

Sacke
liddas

C

I agree...I did even listen to the whole song! Enough energy. Normally I don't bother what The Stones are doing (the last 20 years). Guitars are in tune by the way.

If you consider that a very good performance then you have really lowered the bar. You can't even limbo dance under that.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 13, 2012 16:17

Redhotcarpet
NoCode0680

must be this one...quite funny,how She´s so cold started,though.

Date: July 13, 2012 17:30

Mick should not be allowed to use that kind of mic to begin with...

Date: July 13, 2012 17:35

OK so I've read a few times about Keith punching Ronnie in the face during She's So Cold at Wembley on that tour, which as I recall Gazza said never happened, so why didn't Keith punch Charlie in the face for starting the drums so bad!?

I find it incredulous that Keith would punch Ronnie in the face for 'not covering him' but Keith let's Charlie's huge gaff slide... That's hugely inconsistent with these consistent myths!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 23:23

shortfatfanny
Redhotcarpet
NoCode0680

must be this one...quite funny,how She´s so cold started,though.

Yessir, that's the one. You have to go about 3 minutes into the video to get to She's So Cold though.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 23:57

Redhotcarpet
NoCode0680

No sir, rock n roll is good. That is shit.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: July 14, 2012 01:29

Charlie did terrible starting that song. The song doesn't have extended rolls like that, Ronnie and Keith we trying to find the tempo whilst trying to find the right note....it actually gets quite solid once they catch the goove. I just don't know why Charlie doesn't play it exactly like the album...which is bass drum, snare, bass drum, snare snare, bass drum, 6 snare roll, repeat throughout.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-14 01:29 by Markdog.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: July 14, 2012 08:58

I love it, wicked and dirty Stones. The bum notes are not bum.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 14, 2012 09:51

The culprit on Get Off of My Cloud is Keef: He's out of time for almost the entire song.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 14, 2012 10:47

Love it. Once again I never expect the London Royal nor Pink Floyd, these are the Stones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home