Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Anniversary Most Celebrated in Rock History!
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 6, 2012 10:15

The Stones anniversary next week would have to go down in history as the most celebrated of all time..I can't even think of a anniversary in the Rock industry that would even come close..can you? smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: Stones Anniversary Most Celebrated in Rock History!
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 6, 2012 10:36

So, what's happening?

- Doxa

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 6, 2012 10:42

I can! On the 23rd of august next year it will be the 50 anniversary of The Beatles single 'She Loves You' Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....for a starter....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 6, 2012 10:44

Hi, colonial,

keep it coming, and, let our dreams come true!

Date: July 6, 2012 11:56

Doxa
So, what's happening?

- Doxa

This time next week The Rolling Stones will be on every major television station around the world smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: July 6, 2012 11:57

The 20th anniversary of Elvis's passing is peerless.

Date: July 6, 2012 12:19

The Stones will be partying into the wee hours of Friday the 13th smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 6, 2012 12:53

Pity no deluxe edition cds, nor live concerts on cd from Stonesarchive.

Very, very disappointed.

Date: July 6, 2012 13:05

tomcasagranda
Pity no deluxe edition cds, nor live concerts on cd from Stonesarchive.

Very, very disappointed.

Im pretty sure there will be an Anniversary DVD that's what the average Punter on the street wants.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 6, 2012 16:13

Anybody knows if Rolling Stones Magazine is going to celebrate the Stones 50th anniversary with a special issue?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 6, 2012 16:23

Let's celebrate ...

Date: July 6, 2012 18:10

Eh, these guys already did it.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 6, 2012 18:14

I've an awful feeling there'll be nothing - just an over-priced book.

Date: July 6, 2012 18:22

tomcasagranda
I've an awful feeling there'll be nothing - just an over-priced book.

You mean the one that kind of looks like The Rolling Stones SO? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 6, 2012 18:41

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

......who gives a **** on a Rolling Stones site?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 6, 2012 18:52

They're all gathering in London on the date of their first show at the Marquee Club for a party! MT and Bill are supposed to be there. I'm sure all of the details will be here soon!cool smiley

Date: July 6, 2012 19:09

Rip This
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Obviously you don't get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-06 19:11 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 6, 2012 19:45

colonial
The Stones anniversary next week would have to go down in history as the most celebrated of all time..I can't even think of a anniversary in the Rock industry that would even come close..can you? smoking smiley

Where are all these celebrations?

Its basically being 'celebrated' by four guys with an average age of about 68, one of whom cant drink alcohol anymore, one who hardly drinks at all, one of whom is probably still on medication and reduced alcohol intake since a near fatal accident and at least two of whom probably havent taken drugs for years. And they'll all be there with their fanilies.

Its not exactly the last days of Sodom and Gomorrah, lets face it.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 6, 2012 20:13

Well, every corporation loves to celebrate important date with its employees. The only slight difference is that we pay to attend. But goin'back to the very grey days of the 80's, who would have then imagine them to be still there. So, just celebrate that Band who did nice stuff for Rock & Blues.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 6, 2012 23:34

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Rip This
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

i guess we all missed it

Date: July 7, 2012 00:58

Rip This
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Rip This
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

i guess we all missed it

OK. I'll make it obvious - it was for Colonial. Or maybe Rollin50, who is most likely Colonial or the other two or three. Get it now?

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: July 7, 2012 01:27

The Beatles are not the story here it is the STONES.. The Stones are here the Beatles are not.. This is for the STONES>>>>
Happy Anniversary Rolling Stones "50" Years!!!!!

drummer_dude

Date: July 7, 2012 01:29

drummer_dude
The Beatles are not the story here it is the STONES.. The Stones are here the Beatles are not.. This is for the STONES>>>>

drummer_dude

No shit dude. OBVIOUSLY you missed it too.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 7, 2012 02:22

drummer_dude

drummer_dude

Think you missed the original question raised in the thread. If anything, its asking about every act BUT the Stones.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: July 7, 2012 09:54

Without question. The most celebrated in history. Dude, keep the beatles out of this. I love what the Beatles did. For what they were. Good job, Beatles. But seriously, the Beatles lasted 9 yrs. Ok Bye Beatles. Nice legacy u left for everyone. Like I said Love the Beatles, but enough. Focus here is on our beloved Stones. The Stones are just one of those things in the history of ANYTHING that is an anomaly. No band will ever be what these guys are and what they were. No band will ever mean that much to rock music ever again. The Stones have been part of my life since i was born. Became aware at the age of 6. SomeGirls. Holding my tape recorder up to the radio to record Miss You. Hoping to catch it at the right time. Damn those DJs always talking over the intro. The STones 50th is a great thing. No matter what they do or dont do it doesnt matter cuz they have already done it. Cannot wait for the documentary and whatever else they wish to throw out there. Happy with the lagacy of great music as it is. My Stones have never failed me. Even when they released sub par stuff. Was still the Stones to me. Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Bill, Charlie. Those were my Stones The Stones I grew up with. And will Always be. Going on a cruise Sunday and just made a playlist covering all 50 yrs of the greatest band ever!! The music never gets old. Or tired. Cuz its great music. And great image. And great nostalgia. Stones will always rule !! Without question. Keep the Beatles out of this great anniversary. Not even relevant to the topic. STONES !! Best band ever. Period

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: July 7, 2012 11:55

I have a feeling that they will announce something on Thursday, please let it be a tour!

Date: July 7, 2012 16:30

out of my head
Without question. The most celebrated in history. Dude, keep the beatles out of this. I love what the Beatles did. For what they were. Good job, Beatles. But seriously, the Beatles lasted 9 yrs. Ok Bye Beatles. Nice legacy u left for everyone. Like I said Love the Beatles, but enough. Focus here is on our beloved Stones. The Stones are just one of those things in the history of ANYTHING that is an anomaly. No band will ever be what these guys are and what they were. No band will ever mean that much to rock music ever again. The Stones have been part of my life since i was born. Became aware at the age of 6. SomeGirls. Holding my tape recorder up to the radio to record Miss You. Hoping to catch it at the right time. Damn those DJs always talking over the intro. The STones 50th is a great thing. No matter what they do or dont do it doesnt matter cuz they have already done it. Cannot wait for the documentary and whatever else they wish to throw out there. Happy with the lagacy of great music as it is. My Stones have never failed me. Even when they released sub par stuff. Was still the Stones to me. Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Bill, Charlie. Those were my Stones The Stones I grew up with. And will Always be. Going on a cruise Sunday and just made a playlist covering all 50 yrs of the greatest band ever!! The music never gets old. Or tired. Cuz its great music. And great image. And great nostalgia. Stones will always rule !! Without question. Keep the Beatles out of this great anniversary. Not even relevant to the topic. STONES !! Best band ever. Period

You missed it too. Or you choose to not get it.

Van Halen has a 40 year anniversary this year. AC/DC will have a 40 year anniversary next year. WOO HOO! All these anniversaries!

Yep. You missed the point.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: July 7, 2012 16:45

Guess so

Date: July 7, 2012 17:41

out of my head
Guess so

Have you not followed Colonial's posts?

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 7, 2012 18:36

To be honest I think this has been the least celebrated which is sad. Right now on the music station Palladium they are celebrating the 20th annivers. of Nirvana's Nevermind. Beatles were all over every magazine with collectors editions of everything. Only major thing for the Stones has been that Life magazine special and the book they are putting out by themselves. Kind of disappointing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home