Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Charlie: "We haven't decided on anything really"
Date: June 28, 2012 23:40

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
MightyStonesStillRollin50
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo
Average fan sees this as Charlie saying "we haven't decided on what to do yet". Maybe there's something planned, maybe not. We, the fans. just don't know.

MightyStonesStillRollin50 sees this as a part of the script, the master plan, the brilliant genius scheme that only the superhuman Mick Jagger can come up with in order to time it perfectly so that The Stones can go out in a blaze of glory and take over the world and be the talk of the town in every town on earth.

Are you on the edge of your seat still, MightyStonesStillRollin50? smiling smiley

Mick's still trying to exercise some degree of control over Charlie after that punching incident in the 80s.

Mick is the quarterback. The rest of the Stones are in motion at the moment. Eventually the play will unfold as called. Rest assured, the result will be touchdown!

Let's hope Mick doesn't get sacked!

keith's knobs will undoubtedly prevent him from catching the ball.

Yes, the bomb must go to Ronnie, or Mick Taylor, or possibly Jeff Beck.

We know it won't be Charlie. Why would he want to be involved in a game that does involve a lot of standing around?

It won't be Ronnie - since he doesn't know how long a piece of string is how could anyone expect him to catch a (US) football?

Geez guys, ever heard the term "armchair quarterbacks"?

DUDE!

Out of the way, you're blocking the TV SCREEN!

I am a DUDETTE, treaclefingers, so I'll stop blocking the TV once you guys have done something productive, like chop wood or at least wash the dishes. Maybe by the time your done with all that the Stones will have decided on something!

Seeing that I can chop dishes and wash wood in 10 minutes the correct response to your question is NOPE.

Date: June 28, 2012 23:41

Armchari QB comment aside, you do understand who put it in that way, right? There you go.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:45

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo
Average fan sees this as Charlie saying "we haven't decided on what to do yet". Maybe there's something planned, maybe not. We, the fans. just don't know.

MightyStonesStillRollin50 sees this as a part of the script, the master plan, the brilliant genius scheme that only the superhuman Mick Jagger can come up with in order to time it perfectly so that The Stones can go out in a blaze of glory and take over the world and be the talk of the town in every town on earth.

Are you on the edge of your seat still, MightyStonesStillRollin50? smiling smiley

Mick's still trying to exercise some degree of control over Charlie after that punching incident in the 80s.

Mick is the quarterback. The rest of the Stones are in motion at the moment. Eventually the play will unfold as called. Rest assured, the result will be touchdown!

We know it won't be Charlie. Why would he want to be involved in a game that does involve a lot of standing around?

It won't be Ronnie - since he doesn't know how long a piece of string is how could anyone expect him to catch a (US) football?

DUDE!

I am a DUDETTE, treaclefingers, so I'll stop blocking the TV once you guys have done something productive, like chop wood or at least wash the dishes. Maybe by the time your done with all that the Stones will have decided on something!

Seeing that I can chop dishes and wash wood in 10 minutes the correct response to your question is NOPE.

HAH, you made me laugh WeLoveToPlayTheBlues, so you get a pass, I'll move out of the way. smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:59

latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

DUDE!

HAH, you made me laugh WeLoveToPlayTheBlues, so you get a pass, I'll move out of the way. smiling smiley

It's nice that we can all play together, and my apologies for the Dude comment Later Bloomer. I guess I am the late bloomer!

Date: June 29, 2012 00:08

treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

DUDE!

It's nice that we can all play together, and my apologies for the Dude comment Later Bloomer. I guess I am the late bloomer!

Just having fun with absolutely nothing!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 29, 2012 00:34

Charlie basically confirms the same thing Keith talked to ROLLING STONE without Keith's personal wish-talk. But what I find interesting is Charlie's point that "it is about time to do something". That indicates that the 50th Anniversary things are really taking longer than they - at least Charlie - is expecting. There seemingly is something trouble-like behind the curtains why the wheels haven't been running yet. The things are developing quite slowly.

- Doxa

Date: June 29, 2012 00:45

Doxa
Charlie basically confirms the same thing Keith talked to ROLLING STONE without Keith's personal wish-talk. But what I find interesting is Charlie's point that "it is about time to do something". That indicates that the 50th Anniversary things are really taking longer than they - at least Charlie - is expecting. There seemingly is something trouble-like behind the curtains why the wheels haven't been running yet. The things are developing quite slowly.

- Doxa

Yes, it's as though this whole 50th anniversary thing has taken them completely by surprise. I would wager Keith's book caused a bit of a rift, that may or may not have healed yet, but that caused the planning delays, and now MJ isn't going to do it at all, unless Keith is really up to it (his way of getting back at him as well).

This band if anything, knows how to make money. They wouldn't have let it to this state unless there were issues beyond the money.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 29, 2012 01:09

treaclefingers
and now MJ isn't going to do it at all, unless Keith is really up to it (his way of getting back at him as well).

This band if anything, knows how to make money. They wouldn't have let it to this state unless there were issues beyond the money.

Naw, MJ will always be behind some new Stones project, however sporadic, because being a workaholic, his useless solo projects need to be infused with that aura of recent successful Stones activity to lend them at least some credibility in the public eye. Who is Mick Jagger without the shadow of the Stones looming about him? Besides, several years ago, around the time of ABB, he said that he could easily see himself performing well into his seventies--that means with the Stones as well as solo.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 29, 2012 01:15

SweetThing
Come On
No, but there are some fans waiting...

Wow..if you look really closely, Keith's eyes look like Marbles don't they?

Maybe this belongs in it's own thread?

He's actually gone beyond the "pirate" look at this point. He now looks like a nicotine-colored version of Yoda from Star Wars, or perhaps more like a golem from J.R.R. Tolkien.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 29, 2012 01:40

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

DUDE!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 29, 2012 02:57

oh no does this mean they are done? iam all a quiver! cmon did they really expect charlie give dates and locations, its just not set yet but it will happen geez

Date: June 29, 2012 03:15

tatters
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

DUDE!

No apology necessary treaclefingers, but thanks anyway. As for you tatters, I don't know if the utube video you posted is directed at me, but if it is than you are a disgusting pig.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 29, 2012 03:51

latebloomer
tatters
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

DUDE!

No apology necessary treaclefingers, but thanks anyway. As for you tatters, I don't know if the utube video you posted is directed at me, but if it is than you are a disgusting pig.

I simply wanted to illustrate how reading these threads is like watching everyone take a huge dump. Luckily, good taste prevailed.

Date: June 29, 2012 04:01

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo
Average fan sees this as Charlie saying "we haven't decided on what to do yet". Maybe there's something planned, maybe not.

It's not one, it's both? It can only be one, which has the opposite implied in the one anyway. I do understand you have to spell it out for some people, especially those that view maybe's and may's as 'Tour Event Foreplay' or whatever lame name it is that TheWatchman or Colonial or whoever MightyStillRollin50 used to be. I can't keep track but I thought Mighty50 was going to reveal what size their mailbox is on July 12th?

You remind of a guy that is up to his neck in quicksand and is about to go under and shouts, "I can still breathe, I am still alive, I WIN, I....gulp"!

What are you going to say when the "official" announcement comes that the Stones are going to record new material and do some live shows to celebrate their 50th anniversary year? That announcement could come as soon as July 12 2012 or as late as January 12, 2013. But it's coming.

I won't say anything. The Stones will have said it. What date it is means absolutely nothing. Why is that so difficult? You're the one that keeps putting the cart before the horse. There is not ONE reason to believe they will do anything THIS YEAR. Yet you persist. Perhaps you are related to cockroaches?

You must have missed my guarantee: Sometime between July 12, 2012 and January 12, 2013 the Rolling Stones will call a press conference and announce that they are going to record new material and tour. Are you clear on what I just said? Do you agree with my guarantee or do you disagree with it? YES, or NO? It's really that simple. Do you have a fear of being wrong? I don't.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 29, 2012 04:24

Sometime between July 12, 2012 and January 12, 2013 the Rolling Stones will call a press conference and announce that they are going to record new material and tour.
Have they ever called a press conference to announce that they are going to record an album? Has any band ever done that??? I doubt it. So why start now? That'll be a dumb press conference if there ever was one.
Q: What will the mood of the album be?
Mick: We're not sure yet.
Q: How many songs will be on it? Which songs?
Keith: We have yet to determine that.
Q: Any special guest appearances?
Mick: Not sure. We'll see how the songs develop.
Q: Is there ANYTHING you can tell us about the album?
Keith: No, not really. We haven't started yet!

Great press conference eye rolling smiley

Date: June 29, 2012 04:26

cowboytoast
i'm going to be seriously bummed if we only get 2-4 new songs ala' 40 Licks style...

maybe...just maybe...they will really work on one last record...so many older bands have pulled rabbits out of their hats when we least expected it...ABB just can't be the last LP by these guys...

There will be at least ten new songs on the new album.

Date: June 29, 2012 04:33

tatters
latebloomer
tatters
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

DUDE!

I simply wanted to illustrate how reading these threads is like watching everyone take a huge dump. Luckily, good taste prevailed.

Well, good taste is subjective, to each his own as they say. Just wanted to make sure that the fact that I revealed myself to be female didn't have anything to do with your post. Not trying to pick a fight with you, I really don't care what anyone puts up here, but certain things I won't let pass without getting some clarification. I take it we understand each other now, so enough said.

Date: June 29, 2012 04:37

GumbootCloggeroo
Sometime between July 12, 2012 and January 12, 2013 the Rolling Stones will call a press conference and announce that they are going to record new material and tour.
Have they ever called a press conference to announce that they are going to record an album? Has any band ever done that??? I doubt it. So why start now? That'll be a dumb press conference if there ever was one.

Well, you want things to be "official", right? Of course you failed to mention the other reason that they will call the press conference. Ever hear of "killing two birds with one stone"?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 29, 2012 04:43

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo
Average fan sees this as Charlie saying "we haven't decided on what to do yet". Maybe there's something planned, maybe not.

It's not one, it's both? It can only be one, which has the opposite implied in the one anyway. I do understand you have to spell it out for some people, especially those that view maybe's and may's as 'Tour Event Foreplay' or whatever lame name it is that TheWatchman or Colonial or whoever MightyStillRollin50 used to be. I can't keep track but I thought Mighty50 was going to reveal what size their mailbox is on July 12th?

You remind of a guy that is up to his neck in quicksand and is about to go under and shouts, "I can still breathe, I am still alive, I WIN, I....gulp"!

What are you going to say when the "official" announcement comes that the Stones are going to record new material and do some live shows to celebrate their 50th anniversary year? That announcement could come as soon as July 12 2012 or as late as January 12, 2013. But it's coming.

I won't say anything. The Stones will have said it. What date it is means absolutely nothing. Why is that so difficult? You're the one that keeps putting the cart before the horse. There is not ONE reason to believe they will do anything THIS YEAR. Yet you persist. Perhaps you are related to cockroaches?

You must have missed my guarantee: Sometime between July 12, 2012 and January 12, 2013 the Rolling Stones will call a press conference and announce that they are going to record new material and tour. Are you clear on what I just said? Do you agree with my guarantee or do you disagree with it? YES, or NO? It's really that simple. Do you have a fear of being wrong? I don't.

Your guarantees are worthless. You may indeed end up having your wish fulfilled, but it will have nothing to with your "guarantee". Even a stopped watch is right twice a day. Stop guaranteeing things you are in no position to guarantee, and posting things as "official" which are anything but official. I think people would be far less annoyed with you if you ceased doing so. You are just another Speculator - like the rest of us - but your speculation takes on a more irritating form than most others'.

Date: June 29, 2012 06:31

71Tele
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

Your guarantees are worthless. You may indeed end up having your wish fulfilled, but it will have nothing to with your "guarantee". Even a stopped watch is right twice a day. Stop guaranteeing things you are in no position to guarantee, and posting things as "official" which are anything but official. I think people would be far less annoyed with you if you ceased doing so. You are just another Speculator - like the rest of us - but your speculation takes on a more irritating form than most others'.

Could Joe Namath have actually known for certain his New York Jets were going to defeat the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III when he made his famous guarantee? No, but he obviously had the confidence in himself and his teammates to make such a bold statement. I have confidence in the Stones. If you don't that is your problem. You say people are annoyed with me, well, I am annoyed also. Annoyed at some of the negative bullshit that goes on around here. And I don't like bullies. Not saying you are one, but you should really consider not reading my posts. You really only have yourself to blame.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:13

71Tele
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

Could Joe Namath have actually known for certain his New York Jets were going to defeat the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III when he made his famous guarantee? No, but he obviously had the confidence in himself and his teammates to make such a bold statement. I have confidence in the Stones. If you don't that is your problem. You say people are annoyed with me, well, I am annoyed also. Annoyed at some of the negative bullshit that goes on around here. And I don't like bullies. Not saying you are one, but you should really consider not reading my posts. You really only have yourself to blame.

Ah, Broadway Joe. Something finally I guess we can both relate to.

Your posting nonsense has nothing to with confidence in the Stones. It is not bullying to call it nonsense, merely my opinion. It is hard to ignore your posts when you come up with so many threads, which offer no news or insight, but merely seem to fall into the same tired category of "something fantastic is going to happen". We get it that you're excited, ok? By all means, post away if you must, but when you say things are official in thread titles, it looks as if you are reporting news. Then we read it and realize it's just another wishful thinking thread like all the others. Don't be surprised that there is some negative reaction.

Date: June 29, 2012 09:32

71Tele
71Tele
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

Your posting nonsense has nothing to with confidence in the Stones. It is not bullying to call it nonsense, merely my opinion. It is hard to ignore your posts when you come up with so many threads, which offer no news or insight, but merely seem to fall into the same tired category of "something fantastic is going to happen". We get it that you're excited, ok? By all means, post away if you must, but when you say things are official in thread titles, it looks as if you are reporting news. Then we read it and realize it's just another wishful thinking thread like all the others. Don't be surprised that there is some negative reaction.

smileys with beer I'm all for getting excited when warranted, but let's try to deal in the world of reality. It is annoying getting the fist pumping threads that offer no actual new information.

Date: June 29, 2012 17:57

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

I'm not clear on what you just said because it's rubbish. Also I don't agree and I have no problem with being wrong especially since I'm not proclaiming any fictitious bullshit. Even Mickscarey might be right someday. It's just that you're so full of yourself there's zero reason to believe anything you say since you speculate yourself so much. What if they do a press conference on January 13, 2013? Why would they do a press conference to announce something so long before anything would happen to begin with?

You obviously don't know YOUR Rolling Stones. Even if they did something between the dates you listed doesn't mean you "predicted" it.

They do anything after YOUR guaranteed dates then you'll have been wrong. Woo hoo! What if they do one on July 11th, 2012? January 13th, 2013? July 26th, 2013? Then you'll have been wrong. Who cares? It doesn't matter if or when they do one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-29 18:07 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Date: June 29, 2012 18:00

GumbootCloggeroo

Well, you want things to be "official", right? Of course you failed to mention the other reason that they will call the press conference. Ever hear of "killing two birds with one stone"?

No, Rollin50, nobody has EVER heard of that saying.

Date: June 29, 2012 18:06

Super Bowl iii? Do you mean Super Bowl 1, which was posthumously named Super Bowl 3? Why in the world would you want to compare your "confidence" in a "band" to Joe Namath when you have zero to do with either, yet alone compare one game by two teams to a ageing band? How old are you? 9?

It's been stated before - your posts are the ultimate car crash.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 29, 2012 18:25

posthumously? first corporations are people and now football games are people, too?

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: June 29, 2012 18:52

StonesTod
posthumously? first corporations are people and now football games are people, too?

I believe the word he was looking for was "retroactively." smoking smiley

Date: June 29, 2012 21:05

StonesTod

Dammit! I knew there was something funny about using that word. Why, it's almost as funny and wrong as 'official'. Yes, retroactively is what I was thinking of while not thinking of it.

Date: June 29, 2012 21:47

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

No, Rollin50, nobody has EVER heard of that saying.

Which Stone are we killing birds with now?

I vote Ronnie, as he sort of looks like a crow anyway.

Ever hear of "birds of a feather, flock together"?

Date: June 30, 2012 08:56

71Tele
71Tele
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

Since when did No-Brainers become nonsense? Never said you were a bully. How did I use the word "official" that offended you? Wishful thinking? Tele, the Stones are going to record a new album and tour. I know that and you should too. This isn't rocket science.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home