Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Charlie: "We haven't decided on anything really"
Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: June 28, 2012 17:32

Funny! Of course they will do something. Its like the big (small) dodger-feud between Jagger and Richards which all of sudden "surprisingly" ended a couple of months ago. Its the last chapter in their procedure how and when to announce a Rolling Stones tour and new album!

Date: June 28, 2012 17:45

GumbootCloggeroo
Average fan sees this as Charlie saying "we haven't decided on what to do yet". Maybe there's something planned, maybe not. We, the fans. just don't know.

MightyStonesStillRollin50 sees this as a part of the script, the master plan, the brilliant genius scheme that only the superhuman Mick Jagger can come up with in order to time it perfectly so that The Stones can go out in a blaze of glory and take over the world and be the talk of the town in every town on earth.

Are you on the edge of your seat still, MightyStonesStillRollin50? smiling smiley

Good work, gumboot, you are finally beginning to "see the light". It's called Rolling Stones Event Foreplay.

Of course we don't know EXACTLY what is planned. Or EXACTLY when. Were not supposed to. At least not at the moment. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that something is coming. I honestly knew at the end of ABB that there was no way they were going to let their 50th anniversary year come and go without doing something in terms of new material and live performances. I am just an average fan, but how did I know that? Once you begin to understand how your Rolling Stones operate then you can just sit back and enjoy the show. Now, I must admit that I have had my moments of weakness (doubts) along the way, but a lot of that speaks to my general impatience. It has been frustrating at times. The good news is, the long wait is just about over. We just have to hear something official at some point in the near future. Hopefully as soon as July 12, but certainly no later than January 12.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 28, 2012 17:47

MightyStonesStillRollin50
GumbootCloggeroo
Average fan sees this as Charlie saying "we haven't decided on what to do yet". Maybe there's something planned, maybe not. We, the fans. just don't know.

MightyStonesStillRollin50 sees this as a part of the script, the master plan, the brilliant genius scheme that only the superhuman Mick Jagger can come up with in order to time it perfectly so that The Stones can go out in a blaze of glory and take over the world and be the talk of the town in every town on earth.

Are you on the edge of your seat still, MightyStonesStillRollin50? smiling smiley

Good work, gumboot, you are finally beginning to "see the light". It's called Rolling Stones Event Foreplay.

Of course we don't know EXACTLY what is planned. Or EXACTLY when. Were not supposed to. At least not at the moment. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that something is coming. I honestly knew at the end of ABB that there was no way they were going to let their 50th anniversary year come and go without doing something in terms of new material and live performances. I am just an average fan, but how did I know that? Once you begin to understand how your Rolling Stones operate then you can just sit back and enjoy the show. Now, I must admit that I have had my moments of weakness (doubts) along the way, but a lot of that speaks to my general impatience. It has been frustrating at times. The good news is, the long wait is just about over. We just have to hear something official at some point in the near future. Hopefully as soon as July 12, but certainly no later than January 12.

wow...this certainly does sound like a done deal then.

Date: June 28, 2012 17:48

jamesjagger
Funny! Of course they will do something. Its like the big (small) dodger-feud between Jagger and Richards which all of sudden "surprisingly" ended a couple of months ago. Its the last chapter in their procedure how and when to announce a Rolling Stones tour and new album!

Right on the money, baby, right on the money!thumbs upthumbs up

Date: June 28, 2012 17:50

GumbootCloggeroo
Average fan sees this as Charlie saying "we haven't decided on what to do yet". Maybe there's something planned, maybe not.

It's not one, it's both? It can only be one, which has the opposite implied in the one anyway. I do understand you have to spell it out for some people, especially those that view maybe's and may's as 'Tour Event Foreplay' or whatever lame name it is that TheWatchman or Colonial or whoever MightyStillRollin50 used to be. I can't keep track but I thought Mighty50 was going to reveal what size their mailbox is on July 12th?

Date: June 28, 2012 17:52

treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

Mick's still trying to exercise some degree of control over Charlie after that punching incident in the 80s.

Mick is the quarterback. The rest of the Stones are in motion at the moment. Eventually the play will unfold as called. Rest assured, the result will be, TOUCHDOWN!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-28 21:45 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Date: June 28, 2012 17:54

treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

Mick's still trying to exercise some degree of control over Charlie after that punching incident in the 80s.

Mick is the quarterback. The rest of the Stones are in motion at the moment. Eventually the play will unfold as called. Rest assured, the result will be touchdown!

Let's hope Mick doesn't get sacked!

Date: June 28, 2012 17:58

treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

Mick is the quarterback. The rest of the Stones are in motion at the moment. Eventually the play will unfold as called. Rest assured, the result will be touchdown!

keith's knobs will undoubtedly prevent him from catching the ball.

Date: June 28, 2012 18:00

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

Yes, the bomb must go to Ronnie, or Mick Taylor, or possibly Jeff Beck.

Date: June 28, 2012 18:08

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

We know it won't be Charlie. Why would he want to be involved in a game that does involve a lot of standing around?

It won't be Ronnie - since he doesn't know how long a piece of string is how could anyone expect him to catch a (US) football?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 28, 2012 18:08

Where's this new logo then?

Date: June 28, 2012 18:26

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo
Average fan sees this as Charlie saying "we haven't decided on what to do yet". Maybe there's something planned, maybe not.

It's not one, it's both? It can only be one, which has the opposite implied in the one anyway. I do understand you have to spell it out for some people, especially those that view maybe's and may's as 'Tour Event Foreplay' or whatever lame name it is that TheWatchman or Colonial or whoever MightyStillRollin50 used to be. I can't keep track but I thought Mighty50 was going to reveal what size their mailbox is on July 12th?

You remind of a guy that is up to his neck in quicksand and is about to go under and shouts, "I can still breathe, I am still alive, I WIN, I....gulp"!

What are you going to say when the "official" announcement comes that the Stones are going to record new material and do some live shows to celebrate their 50th anniversary year? That announcement could come as soon as July 12 2012 or as late as January 12, 2013. But it's coming.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 28, 2012 18:48

treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

It's not "Rolling Stones Fan Foreplay", it's Rolling Stones Indecision and Dysfunction. Nothing more an nothing less. The idea that this is all part of some kind of plan is preposterous.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 28, 2012 18:54

71Tele
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

It's not "Rolling Stones Fan Foreplay", it's Rolling Stones Indecision and Dysfunction. Nothing more an nothing less. The idea that this is all part of some kind of plan is preposterous.

sigh. more importantly, it's not even football season.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 28, 2012 20:18

Hi, I'm Justin. I'm a Rolling Stones fan. I do not need a tour. I do not need to spend $450 on a ticket.

What I do need is to see (be it, in person or on TV--I don't care) the Rolling Stones with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor together on stage. That is the only thing to look foward to in the next year. Any shows or string of shows or who knows what is all padding--extra credit, if you will-- for that one reunion show that I pray happens. That is all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-28 20:19 by Justin.

Date: June 28, 2012 20:45

71Tele
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

The idea that it isn't part of some kind of plan is what is preposterous. I can't believe how naive so many Stones fans are around here. And you guys call yourselves hardcores? I GIVE UP! Believe what you will.

Date: June 28, 2012 20:54

Justin
Hi, I'm Justin. I'm a Rolling Stones fan. I do not need a tour. I do not need to spend $450 on a ticket.

What I do need is to see (be it, in person or on TV--I don't care) the Rolling Stones with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor together on stage. That is the only thing to look foward to in the next year. Any shows or string of shows or who knows what is all padding--extra credit, if you will-- for that one reunion show that I pray happens. That is all.

Justin, I am with you, mate. A tour would be frosting on the cake. And yes, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman for sure for the final show.

I once thought I couldn't live without another mega tour. I don't feel that way any longer. A small scale tour is most likely.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 28, 2012 20:55

71Tele
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

The idea that it isn't part of some kind of plan is what is preposterous. I can't believe how naive so many Stones fans are around here. And you guys call yourselves hardcores? I GIVE UP! Believe what you will.

OK, give up then. Just keep your word this time.

Date: June 28, 2012 21:20

71Tele
71Tele
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

OK, give up then. Just keep your word this time.

Sometime between July 12, 2012 and January 12, 2013 the Rolling Stones will call a press conference and make a "official" announcement that they are going to record new material and tour! I guarantee it!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:23

flacnvinyl
Are they still a band?

Is McDonald's still a family-owned burger stand?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 28, 2012 21:41

GravityBoy
Where's this new logo then?

Wouldn't that new logo look great on the side of a football helmet? Maybe if the NFL expands to London................

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:58

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

We know it won't be Charlie. Why would he want to be involved in a game that does involve a lot of standing around?

It won't be Ronnie - since he doesn't know how long a piece of string is how could anyone expect him to catch a (US) football?

Geez guys, ever heard the term "armchair quarterbacks"?

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: June 28, 2012 22:01

Justin

Justin,

You are going to have to come out of that basement sometime. You can't stay down there smoking that dope and watching Captain Kangaroo all your life!

What's $450 anyway? An over priced 8-Ball, quarter Oz of sticky bud. Come man get hold of yourself!!!

Date: June 28, 2012 23:12

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo

You remind of a guy that is up to his neck in quicksand and is about to go under and shouts, "I can still breathe, I am still alive, I WIN, I....gulp"!

What are you going to say when the "official" announcement comes that the Stones are going to record new material and do some live shows to celebrate their 50th anniversary year? That announcement could come as soon as July 12 2012 or as late as January 12, 2013. But it's coming.

I won't say anything. The Stones will have said it. What date it is means absolutely nothing. Why is that so difficult? You're the one that keeps putting the cart before the horse. There is not ONE reason to believe they will do anything THIS YEAR. Yet you persist. Perhaps you are related to cockroaches?

Date: June 28, 2012 23:13

71Tele
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

Please do.

Date: June 28, 2012 23:19

latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

DUDE!

Out of the way, you're blocking the TV SCREEN!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:32

treaclefingers
latebloomer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

DUDE!

Out of the way, you're blocking the TV SCREEN!

I am a DUDETTE, treaclefingers, so I'll stop blocking the TV once you guys have done something productive, like chop wood or at least wash the dishes. Maybe by the time your done with all that the Stones will have decided on something!

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:33

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

Yeah, thats right. Keith is the guy elected by the fans for many years of outstanding service, but makes the All Star team purely on Reputation at this point. It's okay, we all want to see him. But please don't throw the football his way. He IS blazing a trail and "leading" the pack so to speak...he is the first one that really belongs at the Old Timer's Game.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:35

Come On
No, but there are some fans waiting...

Wow..if you look really closely, Keith's eyes look like Marbles don't they?

Maybe this belongs in it's own thread?

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: June 28, 2012 23:40

i'm going to be seriously bummed if we only get 2-4 new songs ala' 40 Licks style...

maybe...just maybe...they will really work on one last record...so many older bands have pulled rabbits out of their hats when we least expected it...ABB just can't be the last LP by these guys...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home