Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: How does one become a former fan?
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:08

jamesfdouglas
Stoneage
I never got my promised fan cap. What are the chances I will ever get the "Former Fan" cap?

You mean the ones that say "No Longer a Pandereable Money-Throwing Sucker"?

Unfortunately James they only give the caps to people that were good fans to begin with. Maybe you can still get a coaster for your beer or some cheese for your whine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-27 01:09 by FrankM.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:11

Yeah, that one,JFD! But as your former President once said: "Fool me once; shame on you: fool me twice... (shame on me)".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:21

Stoneage
Yeah, that one,JFD! But as your former President once said: "Fool me once; shame on you: fool me twice... (shame on me)".

Lemme guess, is that the same one that enjoys going on the internets?

Posted by: StonesHistorian ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:21

Walk around the Bronx wearing a sandwich board saying I HATE BLUES MUSIC

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:23

GumbootCloggeroo
Is there a process involved? Do you have to sell or give your records and memorabilia to charity? Is there a badge you hand in? Is having to declare that one is now a former fan a byproduct of having the Stones a way of life and extremely important to one's life and because the band has let them down they must forfeit any relations with the band? Do former fans deny the band's existence? Do you have to stop listening to their music?

How exactly does it work?
If you don't like it anymore just go quietly no one will ever notice.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:23

StonesHistorian

..a former fan, and perhaps a dead fandrinking smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 27, 2012 02:02

StonesHistorian

How about I HATE FAKE WHITE MILLIONAIRE BLUES?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 27, 2012 02:04

Stoneage

I don't have a former President. I'm Canadian.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 27, 2012 02:34

Of course you are, James! Sorry, I forgot about that.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 27, 2012 03:02

jamesfdouglas
StonesHistorian

So....you've never been a fan? They always played the same blues since 1962, so I guess you hold it against them that they were successful with it?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 27, 2012 03:36

You could see if you could sell it on E-Bay. Better yet, why don't we just trade - I have just rediscovered my fandom of the Stones after many years of not caring. I used to be a big fan of REM, not so much anymore. So,I'll take your Stones fan membership and you can have my REM, if you want it. grinning smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 27, 2012 03:39

Don't know how you become a 'former' Stones fan, but you do Not Fade Away.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 27, 2012 03:42

Stoneage

It was actually Scotty who said it first:

Date: June 27, 2012 03:43

latebloomer
You could see if you could sell it on E-Bay. Better yet, why don't we just trade - I have just rediscovered my fandom of the Stones after many years of not caring. I used to be a big fan of REM, not so much anymore. So,I'll take your Stones fan membership and you can have my REM, if you want it. grinning smiley

Don't feel alone. I went over 30 years without caring. That HBO concert at MSG in 2003 brought me back to where I once belonged. Or something like that.

Date: June 27, 2012 04:04

I don't see what the big deal is. I've had a love/hate thing with them since Licks. Before that I was HARD into them from '89 to '01. Then I just saw to many cracks in the porcelin. I began to truly understand that they're not even close to a real band anymore - despite what their nauseatiningly self-stroking PR spinners say.

Another album, tour, 2nd quadruple DVD set, joke of a movie (fake audience girls) and more re-packs and re-releases that would make Gene Simmons blush...

ADD THAT to the heartbreak of Keith's playing (or lackthereof), I can't do it anymore.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 27, 2012 04:07

jamesfdouglas
GumbootCloggeroo
Define "troll". Was it the Backstreet Boys/N'Sync comment that got your panties in a bunch? Did I embarrass you? Sorry!

You're the one throwing stones my way., you're the one with the implying lack of masculinity. Therefore, you're the troll with these issues, not me.

So, suck it.[/quote]
I was just busting your balls a little bit. Don't take it so hard smiling smiley

Date: June 27, 2012 04:15

jamesfdouglas
I don't see what the big deal is. I've had a love/hate thing with them since Licks. Before that I was HARD into them from '89 to '01. Then I just saw to many cracks in the porcelin. I began to truly understand that they're not even close to a real band anymore - despite what their nauseatiningly self-stroking PR spinners say.

Another album, tour, 2nd quadruple DVD set, joke of a movie (fake audience girls) and more re-packs and re-releases that would make Gene Simmons blush...

ADD THAT to the heartbreak of Keith's playing (or lackthereof), I can't do it anymore.

Of course you have a right to your opinion, but is there anything they can do at this late stage to win you back? Please be specific.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 27, 2012 04:46

treaclefingers
FrankM
steverogan
For $95 the Stones will officially "de-certify you as a fan.

Yeah $95 or multiple Stones fans can get the group-rate of $50 per fan.

For that price I understand they'll even give you the 'former fan' ball cap and poster.

I understand the Stones have a great stage gimmick for the next big tour: At the encore, all the seats in the arena will rise and turn completely upside down, therefore making sure any remaining money in the fans' pockets will be recovered.

Date: June 27, 2012 04:58

71Tele
treaclefingers
FrankM
steverogan

For that price I understand they'll even give you the 'former fan' ball cap and poster.

I understand the Stones have a great stage gimmick for the next big tour: At the encore, all the seats in the arena will rise and turn completely upside down, therefore making sure any remaining money in the fans' pockets will be recovered.

Won't be necessary. The fans will be throwing money at the stage realizing that they should have paid double what they were charged! It's the Greatest Show On Earth! Always has been, always will be!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 27, 2012 07:29

jamesfdouglas
Stoneage

I don't have a former President. I'm Canadian.

My regards to your Governor General.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: June 27, 2012 10:32

You wake up one morning and realize that you've become socially retarded!

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: StonesHipster ()
Date: June 27, 2012 10:54

Move in next door to MightyStonesStillRollin50

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 27, 2012 11:26

Seeing this post, instantly these lyrics came to my mind:

Does it have some inner meaning?
Can it change my life today?
Or is it all so much flotsam and jetsam?
Tell me right away

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 27, 2012 11:40

MightyStonesStillRollin50
71Tele
treaclefingers
FrankM
steverogan

Won't be necessary. The fans will be throwing money at the stage realizing that they should have paid double what they were charged! It's the Greatest Show On Earth! Always has been, always will be!

Anybody who is actually still sitting down on a seat during the encore deserves to get all their spare cash removed.

Date: June 27, 2012 16:28

jamesfdouglas
StonesHistorian

Clapton sure does suck.

Oh wait. Wrong, er, band.

Date: June 27, 2012 16:29

GumbootCloggeroo
jamesfdouglas
GumbootCloggeroo
Define "troll". Was it the Backstreet Boys/N'Sync comment that got your panties in a bunch? Did I embarrass you? Sorry!

You're the one throwing stones my way., you're the one with the implying lack of masculinity. Therefore, you're the troll with these issues, not me.

So, suck it.
I was just busting your balls a little bit. Don't take it so hard smiling smiley[/quote]

Gumboot, you had the perfect opportunity to post Keith's song and you blew it. That's just...amazing. Obviously you are now a former fan.

Posted by: JunkyardAlleyCat ()
Date: July 3, 2012 00:11

StonesHistorian

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 3, 2012 04:00

deleted
[never mind]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-03 04:01 by swiss.

Date: July 3, 2012 05:49

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Of course you have a right to your opinion, but is there anything they can do at this late stage to win you back? Please be specific.

Of course you go once again representing youself as someone that works for "The Rolling Stones".

You were hinted at to stop such trash, yet you continue. You are heavily heavily into the negative now. It's soley up to you to continue and misrepresent, as you are so willingly able to do with everything you do.

Does the word "stop" mean anyting to you?

Posted by: CherokeeStone ()
Date: November 12, 2012 11:15

Putting a few threads on IORR saying they're leaving

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home