Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Semi-OT: Roger Waters - best concert I've EVER seen
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 28, 2012 14:48

Roger Water's music gained top quality because Gilmour's finest guitar arrangments which are now copied by sessionist guitarists........... withouth those aarangmentes his music is not so ggod.

Although i love so much PF's music, mainly because Gilmour, they have been since their beginning so much tehatrical.

What Roger Waters do now is utter SUPER-VEGAS shows.

Would you compare this with Dylan shows?

Date: June 28, 2012 14:52

Zack
I'd rather see Gilmour.

If i want to hear PF's music i'd rather focus on Gilmour, not on Waters.

Date: June 28, 2012 14:53

Waters is snobbysh 100%; although i like him too (but not as Gilmour)

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 28, 2012 15:09

jamesfdouglas
R

The Rolling Stones stadium spectacle equaled, or surpassed THE WALL because, despite all the bitching about back-up players and video screens, you still have the potential for aural anarchy and spontaneity and real connection to the audience.

Waters invited you into his world with THE WALL but he took nothing from the audience in return as far as human interaction. He DID take an average of $170 from each attendee however.

Sampled drums, clicktracks, video-prompters, the only spontaneity at a Vegas Stones show is holding your breath before a Keith solo, praying it's in the right key.

He is a grizzled man though, but he LOVES Canadian audiences, especially in a post 9-11 world (no suprise when you consider his views on the UK and the US). So he talks to us more, enjoys it more, and tells us so. he spent a moment tearfully thanking Canada, and Ottawa in particular for always being his favourite North American city. Guess we lucked out.

It was far more intimate than the 40,00 seater show the Stones played in Ottawa, where Keith AND Charlie LEFT THE STAGE IN THE MIDDLE of Sympathy.
Good thing they had the canned drums to keep the singers' dance patterns in check.

And are you really implying that Waters has more ticket-money greed than The Stones? Really???

Rogers charged $225 for the front half of the house, $110 and $70 (for side stage where you couldn't see the effects). I don't recall the Stones ever being THAT expensive but even they never carried the massive staging required for THE WALL.

Waiting to see if Keith blows a solo IS the human interaction to which I referred. Waters was also very sincere when SPEAKING to the audience in my town. It was the artistic presentation that was "take it or leave it."

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: June 28, 2012 15:51

I dont remember all the stones tick prices but in 2006 they were $350 for front of house and about $189 for a seat on side threee sections from stage.

R
jamesfdouglas
R

The Rolling Stones stadium spectacle equaled, or surpassed THE WALL because, despite all the bitching about back-up players and video screens, you still have the potential for aural anarchy and spontaneity and real connection to the audience.

Waters invited you into his world with THE WALL but he took nothing from the audience in return as far as human interaction. He DID take an average of $170 from each attendee however.

Sampled drums, clicktracks, video-prompters, the only spontaneity at a Vegas Stones show is holding your breath before a Keith solo, praying it's in the right key.

He is a grizzled man though, but he LOVES Canadian audiences, especially in a post 9-11 world (no suprise when you consider his views on the UK and the US). So he talks to us more, enjoys it more, and tells us so. he spent a moment tearfully thanking Canada, and Ottawa in particular for always being his favourite North American city. Guess we lucked out.

It was far more intimate than the 40,00 seater show the Stones played in Ottawa, where Keith AND Charlie LEFT THE STAGE IN THE MIDDLE of Sympathy.
Good thing they had the canned drums to keep the singers' dance patterns in check.

And are you really implying that Waters has more ticket-money greed than The Stones? Really???

Rogers charged $225 for the front half of the house, $110 and $70 (for side stage where you couldn't see the effects). I don't recall the Stones ever being THAT expensive but even they never carried the massive staging required for THE WALL.

Waiting to see if Keith blows a solo IS the human interaction to which I referred. Waters was also very sincere when SPEAKING to the audience in my town. It was the artistic presentation that was "take it or leave it."

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 28, 2012 16:30

I like the cover for The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking better than Bridges to Babylon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 28, 2012 16:35

KeithNacho
Zack
I'd rather see Gilmour.

That would only leave you with maybe 10% of Pink Floyd's music at the maximum.
After all is said and done, Roger wrote the majority of everything (music and lyrics) after Syd left the band,
including Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and The Wall.

Date: June 28, 2012 16:39

Hairball
KeithNacho
Zack
I'd rather see Gilmour.

After all is said and done, Roger wrote the majority of everything (music and lyrics) after Syd left the band,

Hey buddy, we don't need no education.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 28, 2012 16:55

treaclefingers
Hairball
KeithNacho
Zack
I'd rather see Gilmour.

Hahaha, well I'm pretty crappy with math anyways, so maybe it's either 9% or 11%...or somewhere in that range.
I do love Gilmours vocals and guitar playing though, which might equal out the difference of his lack of songwriting ability.

Date: June 28, 2012 17:06

Hairball
treaclefingers
Hairball
KeithNacho
Zack
I'd rather see Gilmour.

Hahaha, well I'm pretty crappy with math anyways, so maybe it's either 9% or 11%...or somewhere in that range.
I do love Gilmours vocals and guitar playing though, which might equal out the difference of his lack of songwriting ability.

agreed!

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: June 28, 2012 17:25

ENOUGH!! I could play any Stones album just about every day and it always picks me me up, makes me smile and improves my mood and day. If I had to listen to Roger Waters every day...good as he is...I'd be jumping off a balcony. I've seen both...Waters is great...the Stones are great but the are much more fun...Cheers!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 28, 2012 20:53

The LA stadium show had a $43 option with all fees and they were readily available right up until showtime. That was one of the main reasons I went, I just won't spend $100+ on concerts anymore.

I also prefer Gilmour and regret not seeing him in 2006.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:09

backstreetboy1
mr douglas,you are a horses ass.

And... you're a gay boy band.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:25

Geez. Why revert to middle school name calling and use "gay" as a derogatory slam. Who cares is someone is gay? That is a shame and speaks volumes about the user. Fair Backstreet you shouldn't have also used name calling as well. We can debate without reverting to using derogatory name calling.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:30

whitem8
Geez. Why revert to middle school name calling and use "gay" as a derogatory slam. Who cares is someone is gay? That is a shame and speaks volumes about the user. Fair Backstreet you shouldn't have also used name calling as well. We can debate without reverting to using derogatory name calling.

we can but it's more entertaining to go the derogation route. More Derogation, i say!

Date: June 28, 2012 21:39

StonesTod
whitem8

we can but it's more entertaining to go the derogation route. More Derogation, i say!
More derogation? Are you a Neanderthal? Isn't there enough hate in the world? I thought music was supposed to be something that could bring people together. Suffice to sat that the stones and Pink floyd, in its various configurations, are both great groups who have contributed much to our culture. You on the other hand are trying to take away from culture and humanity and be less civil- 2 words- grow up!

Date: June 28, 2012 21:47

steverogan
StonesTod
whitem8

More derogation? Are you a Neanderthal? Isn't there enough hate in the world? I thought music was supposed to be something that could bring people together. Suffice to sat that the stones and Pink floyd, in its various configurations, are both great groups who have contributed much to our culture. You on the other hand are trying to take away from culture and humanity and be less civil- 2 words- grow up!

that's a good start...but i've had worse things said to me in just the last five minutes alone. please put more effort into this or i can't take your insults seriously....

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 28, 2012 22:12

I've always been partial to "sodomite" myself.

Date: June 28, 2012 22:19

Echoes, shine on you crazy diamond......... the best of this tunes is the work that Gilmour and Wright put in them. The wall is great because Gilmours wonderful arrangments: the guitars of the 3 parts of another brick on the wall, the guitar from in the flesh, guitar parts from hey you, confortably numb, run like hell..............if you take out that guitars, the wall is a very very weak album.
In the dark side of the moon album the most unforgettable things are the guitars on money, the chords on breathe, the solo of time..................

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 28, 2012 22:23

StonesTod
steverogan
StonesTod
whitem8

that's a good start...but i've had worse things said to me in just the last five minutes alone. please put more effort into this or i can't take your insults seriously....

I halfheartedly apologized for that...way to hold a grudge

Date: June 29, 2012 00:00

jamesfdouglas
backstreetboy1
mr douglas,you are a horses ass.

And... you're a gay boy band.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 29, 2012 00:01

Munichhilton
StonesTod
steverogan
StonesTod
whitem8

Middle school name calling? Why settle for that? I say, let's go for full on grammar school name calling!

Date: June 29, 2012 00:02

Munichhilton
StonesTod
steverogan
StonesTod
whitem8

If we could all hold hands now, and sing We Are The World, I think we could most satisfying conclude this tiff.

Date: June 29, 2012 00:07

steverogan
I dont remember all the stones tick prices but in 2006 they were $350 for front of house and about $189 for a seat on side threee sections from stage.

They also didn't lip synch/sing quietly to studio recordings for vocal tracks.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 29, 2012 08:28

whitem8
We can debate without reverting to using derogatory name calling.

Gotta agree on that. Some of the comments on this thread have been totally uncalled for. Just relax you guys, it's ok for me if jamesfdouglas gets his kicks from Roger Waters.
It's no capital crime, it's no hangin' matter. For myself I'm gonna watch Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 and play it darn loud.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 29, 2012 10:38

Oh dear, what a treat1
Are you jamesfdouglas married with rock-groups that you have to decide either Waters OR Stones?
I think your Life would be poorer in listening only to one artist...confused smiley

Date: June 29, 2012 17:08

The Stones
whitem8
We can debate without reverting to using derogatory name calling.

Gotta agree on that. Some of the comments on this thread have been totally uncalled for.

uncalled for comments are the best, though. i get bored with all the called for ones...i call for more uncalled for comments!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 29, 2012 18:38

Naturalust
Thanks SteveRogan for sharing the tragic story of your father, it pisses me off that we could let good men be so tortured without proper recognition. You have alot to be proud of, my hat is off to you and your family today for the sacrafices they made, truly. peace

Yes, thank you, steverogan. That is so sad about him, and so great that he is included in the tribute during The Wall. Better late than never, as the saying goes.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 29, 2012 21:12

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steverogan

Yes true.. look I am not knocking the stones. I do think the guitar play on the last tour was not great and I think jagger's moves have become a little bit overdone but i still love their music. Just my opinion- THE WALL cannot compare to the productions of concerts. It is really a Broadway show on tour and is great entertainment, better than any other piece I have ever seen, in theater, concerts, etc

Date: June 29, 2012 21:19

steverogan
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steverogan

Yes true.. look I am not knocking the stones. I do think the guitar play on the last tour was not great and I think jagger's moves have become a little bit overdone but i still love their music. Just my opinion- THE WALL cannot compare to the productions of concerts. It is really a Broadway show on tour and is great entertainment, better than any other piece I have ever seen, in theater, concerts, etc

I know you're not knocking the Stones, I merely pointed out that one doesn't get lip synching when paying for a Stones ticket. How poor Keith plays or Jagger over does it has no relevance, although if ya wanna pay a lot of money for THAT then, ha ha, go right ahead.

I'd be friggin' pissed off if I wanted to hear Roger Waters SING. "Relate that to me now, boy, come on, be the artist you can be, dont just phone it in with video screens". If I want to hear recordings I listen to the albums. Yeah, great show, effects, people playing Pink Floyd notes, all of that. But it's still a bit of a scam by not actually singing.

It's no different than paying to see the Blue Angels and you get Cessnas instead. Yeah, they're airplanes that are flying but...ya didn't get what ya paid for.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home