Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Keith's fingers
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 24, 2012 02:14

StonesTod
Naturalust
StonesTod
Naturalust
StonesTod
rocker1
Naturalust
Lots of BS on these posts. YES there are some new cures for arthritis and some of them work quite well. Most people could get a handle on arthritis very quickly if they were willing to change their diets, unfortunately most people, like Keith, probably are not willing to do that.

Haven't you been to a pharmacy lately and seen the rows and rows of "Joint Pain" relief medicines? The reason there are so many of them is because they work somewhat and they are selling.

The most popular are Glucosamine, MSM and Chondrotin. Be careful and make sure you get Glucosamine Sulfate and not Hydrochloride. The Hydrochloride type has NOT shown to have the same results and companies are cashing in just on the name Glucosamine. Crushed crustacean shells and shark cartlidge have definately shown to help certain types of arthritis.

BUT, the real secret medicine for this as far as I'm concerned is called Botswella Serrata. Comes from an African tree bark. This stuff is just magic. I started to get hand problems and after taking this for a month they completely went away! The stuff had been around for a long time, I think it is the same as frankensense, the stuff the wise men brought baby Jesus in the manger over 2000 years ago. Wise men were wise then too, I'm not surprised.

Big Pharm companies are trying to get patents on the stuff now so we consumers have to get it from them but hopefully it will remain available to those who seek it out from other sources.

Keith could do alot to help those swollen joints and I hope he does before this next years tour, because I am expecting him to rip it up and blow everyone away at least one more time. peace

And a little BS in here, too, Naturalust.

"Most people could get a handle on arthritis very quickly if they were willing to change their diets"

total bunk.

No mate, not total bunk, get out from under that rock and wake up to the truth of it all. You have to give it a try before you can call foul. I speak the truth here. peace

total bs, dude. there ain't a doctor worth his weight in salt that would tell you diet can cure arthritis or dramatically lessen its effects. you don't speak the truth there at all.

Sorry Tod you are dead wrong there. Plenty of GREAT doctors willing to commit to the diet change philosophy in order to treat arthritis. Of course you can choose to believe what you want but don't rain on my parade because I'm here to tell you , you are just plain wrong. I suggest you do some research of your own before you choose to call my thoughtful post B.S.

There are countless stories of people treating this condition with nothing other than diet changes. Of course not all people will be helped as dramatically as I and some of my good friends have been but diet in the #1 factor in improving your health if you are not too far gone already. I could get the testimonials for you but I get the feeling you mind is made up already so I won't waste my time. peace

well, my mind is made up based on many doctors with whom my wife and i have discussed her severe condition. i guess we just keep encountering quacks. but, please feel free to waste your time as you see fit.

Sounds like you have been duped to me. Many doctors and still no relief? Sounds expensive and painful. What would it hurt to try what I am suggesting? Sounds like you have already tried to fix the problem your way without success.

I hope the best for your wife. All I can say is that it worked for me and many others so I can personally recommend it. I am mostly cured and healed from the condition. I can play my stringed instruments without pain and loss of dexterity, that's enough for me, hardly wasted time. Good luck. peace

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 24, 2012 02:27

yeah, right. my wife and keith have been seeing all the wrong docs.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 24, 2012 08:16

Naturalust
I am also a bee keeper and I harvest honey and pollen from my bees.

Really, Naturalust, you're a bee keeper? I must commend you on that, that's very cool! It is said that bees are among the top 10 most intelligent living creatures on earth.

Recently, I saved a single bee from extinction. I've no idea how it got into the house, but there was one on a windowsill, on its back, its legs kicking up [as if weary] in desperation. I grabbed a paper towel and placed it on the back deck. I had some honey nearby, not just the crappy denatured honey sold in grocery stores, but the real stuff, the kind where you look through the jar and you can't see through (Langnese[brand name] forest honey, German), the real rich, nutritious stuff. I coaxed it toward the honey, and it drank and survived--another day to be a bee!

I don't wish to insert myself in the arthritis cure speculations mentioned in this thread, but I do know that bee pollen is one of the most perfect nutrients in nature. All the vitamins and minerals and enzymes and micronutrients are perfectly contained in just the right balance. And with the climate change threat and such creatures increasingly moving north, bees are indeed precious. We must have honey and bee pollen.

I'm sorry that we had that tussle a while back--it was perhaps a moody week for me, and I apologize for that. There is something psychic about bees--if you save one, then the rest know that you are their friend, just as when you are in the presence of a cat or a dog they will always know that you're alright, because they can tell that you will treat them kindly.

I can tell that you are indeed a gentle soul... peace to you and your bees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-24 08:22 by stonesnow.

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: June 24, 2012 18:20

StonesTod
yeah, right. my wife and keith have been seeing all the wrong docs.
And my mum as well. I'd love to believe what you write Naturalust but nothing you say here can be substantiated by my personal experience. Mum tried everything you list as "cure" so don't be so quick to disparage others who have not found relief in the methods you prescribe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-24 18:24 by Stones62.

Date: June 24, 2012 18:27

Naturalust
I am also a bee keeper and I harvest honey and pollen from my bees.

Have you read or own this?

Date: June 25, 2012 00:35

I am indeed sorry to give what you may percieve as false hope for arthritis. There are many, many factors and I'm not a doctor so obviously my words should be taken as what they are....one man's experience with the subject. Thankfully this man was indeed able to get some relief so if helps only one in ten is was worth the telling. Stones62 did your Mom try Botswella Serrata extract? It is a new ingredient in several Glucosamine formulas but as a stand alone product is not as well known. If not it's worth a try.

Stonesnow, thanks for the kind words and your story of saving the honey bee, put a big smile on my face! WLTPTB, I have seen the book but haven't had a chance to read it yet, soon. Did you read it, was it good? peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-25 03:43 by Naturalust.

Date: June 26, 2012 01:55

well thanks to JJackFl and the article he just posted with the Keith interview we have some answers from the horses mouth about his fingers.

"Arthritis the benign type. I don't feel it. "

"doesn't really get in the way of my playing because of the way I play"

Thats a great answer and good enough for me, carry on. peace

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 26, 2012 01:59

Naturalust
well thanks to JJackFl and the article he just posted with the Keith interview we have some answers from the horses mouth about his fingers.

ok. then i guess his fingers have a rare case of the knuckle mumps....

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 02:29

Naturalust

Doesn't get in the way of his playing? Really? Well, what has been been getting in the way, then? I mean, if not arthritis, what the hell is his excuse?! Must be the fall from the coconut tree. Oops...sorry. Veered into more KR bashing. Correction: he plays better now with arthritis than he ever has. What was I thinking...

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 26, 2012 03:15

rocker1

Doesn't get in the way of his playing? Really? Well, what has been been getting in the way, then?

Reading that small print wasn't easy, but what he says is, "I don't feel it, but it just gets in the way a bit". So, you are right, but it seems pain isn't an issue, but he does have to adapt his playing to the state of his fingers.

Date: June 26, 2012 03:20

Naturalust
WLTPTB, I have seen the book but haven't had a chance to read it yet, soon. Did you read it, was it good?

Yeah mon. GREAT read. My wife got it for me for my birthday last year. Very interesting. It has the same intensity equal to Banana: The Fate Of The Fruit That Changed The World. Both have similar issues that are mind boggling and, unfortunately, at the hand of humans.

Date: June 26, 2012 04:16

Thanks bro, I'm ON it. peace

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:12

Meise
Are there any news about Keith's arthritis and his ability to get through a two hour concert? Aren't there any medical innovations to at least relieve the pain and making fingers smooth enough to play guitar?

I'm sure he's checking it out drinking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 26, 2012 21:04

Naturalust

It's true, because his way of playing is composed of many poses and a few riffs.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:42

That's just Keith saying something to a journalist. The truth is that arthritis has gotten tremendously in the way of how he plays. There were audible warnings in his playing before the accident, and after the accident he really sloped down.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 27, 2012 01:52

bestfour
Meise
Are there any news about Keith's arthritis and his ability to get through a two hour concert? Aren't there any medical innovations to at least relieve the pain and making fingers smooth enough to play guitar?

Wouldn't heroin just about solve the pain in the fingers issue?

Date: June 27, 2012 20:04

treaclefingers
bestfour
Meise

Oh great, let's sacrafice the soul of the man we love so he can meet our expectations of his playing. That is about the stupidest comment I have heard on this board treacle, are you high? Besides if you READ what he said there is no issue with pain. peace

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: June 27, 2012 22:45

I think that's a great idea, sure could use it for my arthritis, wonder if you could get a doctors prescription for that. Sacrafice is spelt sacrifice. duhh!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 27, 2012 22:48

Naturalust
treaclefingers
bestfour
Meise

Oh great, let's sacrafice the soul of the man we love so he can meet our expectations of his playing. That is about the stupidest comment I have heard on this board treacle, are you high? Besides if you READ what he said there is no issue with pain. peace
I'm pretty sure treaclefingers was just joking...

Date: June 28, 2012 01:06

GumbootCloggeroo
Naturalust
treaclefingers
bestfour
Meise

Thanks for the vote of confidence Gumboot...I think Naturalust tends to lack a sense of humour so I rather expect that from him...very quick to attack at any rate. Ironic huh?! Peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-28 01:58 by treaclefingers.

Date: June 28, 2012 03:25

treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo
Naturalust
treaclefingers
bestfour
Meise

Thanks for the vote of confidence Gumboot...I think Naturalust tends to lack a sense of humour so I rather expect that from him...very quick to attack at any rate. Ironic huh?! Peace.

My sense of humor is intact, thanks for that cut treacle, I just am not in the mood to listen to any bullshit about drugs today. Lost too many close friends to them, hope you understand.

I am a warrior for the truth about drugs like herion, oxycodone, oxycontin , vicodin...they are poison of the worse kind and I hope the world finally learns the truth behind the Big Business Pharmecutical companies that are profiting off the lives of the lost. Warning my friends on this board is the least I can do. Sounds like you might already be lost. peace

Date: June 28, 2012 07:36

Naturalust
I hope the world finally learns the truth behind the Big Business Pharmecutical companies that are profiting off the lives of the lost. Warning my friends on this board is the least I can do.

"Big Business Pharmaceutical."

Ahhh...come on. Here, I'll help you warn. It's all about those evil pharmaceutical companies. Just click the photo.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 28, 2012 07:44

carlorossi
rocker1

Doesn't get in the way of his playing? Really? Well, what has been been getting in the way, then?

Reading that small print wasn't easy, but what he says is, "I don't feel it, but it just gets in the way a bit". So, you are right, but it seems pain isn't an issue, but he does have to adapt his playing to the state of his fingers.

He has to "adapt" by hardly playing the thing. Not bashing, just reality.

Date: June 28, 2012 15:31

Naturalust
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo
Naturalust
treaclefingers
bestfour
Meise

My sense of humor is intact, thanks for that cut treacle, I just am not in the mood to listen to any bullshit about drugs today. Lost too many close friends to them, hope you understand.

I am a warrior for the truth about drugs like herion, oxycodone, oxycontin , vicodin...they are poison of the worse kind and I hope the world finally learns the truth behind the Big Business Pharmecutical companies that are profiting off the lives of the lost. Warning my friends on this board is the least I can do. Sounds like you might already be lost. peace

Yes, you do sound like someone that has a great sense of humour. I notice when things don't 'go your way' you have a tendency to pull the sympathy card.

How about just apologize for your behaviour, instead of finding excuses for it?

Posted by: Tricky76 ()
Date: June 28, 2012 15:44

I'm by no means a ROnnie Wood fan, but he can still play :

Date: June 29, 2012 01:16

treaclefingers
Naturalust
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo
Naturalust
treaclefingers
bestfour
Meise

Yes, you do sound like someone that has a great sense of humour. I notice when things don't 'go your way' you have a tendency to pull the sympathy card.

That is funny. Apologize for what behaviour? Calling your comment on herion stupid? Not likely, herion is stupid and there was nothing about your comment that indicated to be you were trying to be funny. Sympathy card? All I can say about that is my grandma one told me "in our family you find sympathy between shit and syphylis in the dictionary". You got the wrong guy there for sure treacle. I just hate herion and narcotics and like I said will always take the opportunity to stand up and speak of what a lie they are. Not something to be bandied about because you are trying to be cute and funny. Nothing funny about the stuff, nothing at all. peace

Date: June 29, 2012 01:50

rocker1
Naturalust
I hope the world finally learns the truth behind the Big Business Pharmecutical companies that are profiting off the lives of the lost. Warning my friends on this board is the least I can do.

Ahhh...come on. Here, I'll help you warn. It's all about those evil pharmaceutical companies. Just click the photo.

This guy was obviously a scammer but don't doubt for one red hot minute that the pharmeceutical companies DO NOT have your and my best interests at heart. It is ALL about the bottom line for them and what a huge bottom line it is.

Just look at the THOUSANDS of fraud claims against them for misrepresenting drugs, faking test data and more, all to get these drugs approved on on the market quickly to make a bunch of bucks. Not just that they are keeping prices high, blocking efforts of other companies to produce cost effective generics, etc. NO WHERE in their modus operandi does "help the sick people" appear. It is one of the biggest problems our planet faces right now. Almost every family in America is affected by it. They even strongly influence insurance company policy and try to dictate to the doctors what they can and can't do. I know doctors who spend hours on the phone each day trying to convince insurance companies to pay for a specific treatment, who in turn are trying to tell them how to do their jobs. It is a complete mess. peace

Date: June 29, 2012 04:03

Naturalust
rocker1
Naturalust

This guy was obviously a scammer but don't doubt for one red hot minute that the pharmeceutical companies DO NOT have your and my best interests at heart. It is ALL about the bottom line for them and what a huge bottom line it is.

Just look at the THOUSANDS of fraud claims against them for misrepresenting drugs, faking test data and more, all to get these drugs approved on on the market quickly to make a bunch of bucks. Not just that they are keeping prices high, blocking efforts of other companies to produce cost effective generics, etc. NO WHERE in their modus operandi does "help the sick people" appear. It is one of the biggest problems our planet faces right now. Almost every family in America is affected by it. They even strongly influence insurance company policy and try to dictate to the doctors what they can and can't do. I know doctors who spend hours on the phone each day trying to convince insurance companies to pay for a specific treatment, who in turn are trying to tell them how to do their jobs. It is a complete mess. peace

I'm more sympathetic to your comments than you might think. But there are real costs associated with medical R&D. I certainly don't doubt that drug companies eye the bottom line--they have to. And as they sink $$$$ into developing drugs, they naturally hope to eventually turn a profit. Thus there are some reasons that they may want to prohibit another company from simply copying the formula, issuing a generic, while having put up ZERO on the R&D side. Is that fair to them who invested in the research and development of the product? Of course, they are FAR from altruistic. But without the lure of profit, I doubt whether we would've advanced beyond aspirin...or maybe not even got that far. And the insurance company issue is separate, right? I mean, you can make a totally separate argument about the evil, greedy insurance companies. Yes, the whole thing is far from perfect, and has outrageous shortcomings and inequities. But I just caution against shotgun condemnation when the answers and solutions are not easy. I think there are indviduals who do go into medical research, and are eventually employed by the money-seeking pharmas, who DO have a sincere interest in developing vaccines and drugs that are effective and helpful. But hey...I do understand the angst here. Anyway, to quote some guy on this board, "peace."

Date: June 29, 2012 04:51

rocker1
Naturalust
rocker1
Naturalust

I'm more sympathetic to your comments than you might think. But there are real costs associated with medical R&D. I certainly don't doubt that drug companies eye the bottom line--they have to. And as they sink $$$$ into developing drugs, they naturally hope to eventually turn a profit. Thus there are some reasons that they may want to prohibit another company from simply copying the formula, issuing a generic, while having put up ZERO on the R&D side. Is that fair to them who invested in the research and development of the product? Of course, they are FAR from altruistic. But without the lure of profit, I doubt whether we would've advanced beyond aspirin...or maybe not even got that far. And the insurance company issue is separate, right? I mean, you can make a totally separate argument about the evil, greedy insurance companies. Yes, the whole thing is far from perfect, and has outrageous shortcomings and inequities. But I just caution against shotgun condemnation when the answers and solutions are not easy. I think there are indviduals who do go into medical research, and are eventually employed by the money-seeking pharmas, who DO have a sincere interest in developing vaccines and drugs that are effective and helpful. But hey...I do understand the angst here. Anyway, to quote some guy on this board, "peace."

Nice thoughtful, informed response rocker1. I am also understanding of the points you bring up. It is indeed VERY expensive to get a new drug on the market these days, etc. But the proof is in the pudding, more people helplessly addicted to the medicines than ever before and not a proportional increase in the health and well being of those being serviced by the industry. I appreciate your response in any case. Be well friend. peace

Date: June 29, 2012 05:06

Naturalust
treaclefingers
Naturalust
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo
Naturalust
treaclefingers
bestfour
Meise

That is funny. Apologize for what behaviour? Calling your comment on herion stupid? Not likely, herion is stupid and there was nothing about your comment that indicated to be you were trying to be funny. Sympathy card? All I can say about that is my grandma one told me "in our family you find sympathy between shit and syphylis in the dictionary". You got the wrong guy there for sure treacle. I just hate herion and narcotics and like I said will always take the opportunity to stand up and speak of what a lie they are. Not something to be bandied about because you are trying to be cute and funny. Nothing funny about the stuff, nothing at all. peace

you really are an idiot. peace.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home