Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Marianne Faithfull - not looking so good
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: June 16, 2012 01:20

Nobody's fault, but her own...

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: June 16, 2012 01:26

Poor Marianne. .

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: June 16, 2012 01:28

lettingitbleed
holly shite!

Please tell me this is a joke...no way that's her. Almost as frightning as the current pic of Grace Slick.
isn;t Grace about 75 or so now..?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: June 16, 2012 01:30

lettingitbleed
dont act as if looking like a bloated monster is a natual part of growing older. Perhaps for you, but not all.

There are plenty of those in thier 60s who dont look like Mick Taylor after a particularly rough bender.
in todays world it is actually...

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 16, 2012 01:46

must be the smoking? A real shame...she was such a beauty.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 16, 2012 02:16

She is taking on the old Mick Talyor look. Nice observation.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: June 16, 2012 02:23

How is one supposed to look at that age?

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 16, 2012 02:48

well how about "not obese" to start?

You dont see Charlie Watts looking sloppy. He looks as great as ever.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2012 02:53

I saw Michelle Phillips in L.A. a couple years back. She looks fantastic.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: June 16, 2012 03:39

She looks like crap.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 16, 2012 04:38

tour hair !

Tour belly ?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 16, 2012 04:46

"We're gonna need a bigger fur rug!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-16 04:53 by tatters.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: June 16, 2012 06:13

Ahh leave her alone.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: June 16, 2012 08:58

Jane Asher looks fantastic nowadays (and she's kept her mouth shut about the Paul years, which I think is pretty classy).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2012 09:10

Before this goes too far, god bless Marianne Faithful. I hope there's some happiness in her life.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 16, 2012 11:42

If you look at the photos, you can see she is still a beautiful woman, not age-ravaged at all, unlike Anita, Mick or Keith. She just needs to take off some weight.

And as I said, she may be on some medication like cortico-steroids, which make people blow up like a balloon.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 16, 2012 12:14

Bliss
If you look at the photos, you can see she is still a beautiful woman, not age-ravaged at all, unlike Anita, Mick or Keith. She just needs to take off some weight.

And as I said, she may be on some medication like cortico-steroids, which make people blow up like a balloon.

Yes, she reminds me very much of someone I know who has suddenly gained a lot of weight due to steroids.

What do tabloids get out of publishing this stuff? Look, here's somebody you can all insult...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 16, 2012 14:33

Green Lady
What do tabloids get out of publishing this stuff? Look, here's somebody you can all insult...

Exactly. And worst of all ... some people actually do that.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 16, 2012 14:37

lettingitbleed

Still a rebel. Smoking a cigarette in a NO SMOKING area smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: June 16, 2012 14:41

thabo
I personally find it always a bit a sign of an empty life (no offence intended just my feel) that many people seem to think that they need drink or drugs to have fun.

No offence taken, because I don't think that way. I just like to smoke and drink AND have fun.

-------------------

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 16, 2012 14:42

Rolling Hansie
thabo
I personally find it always a bit a sign of an empty life (no offence intended just my feel) that many people seem to think that they need drink or drugs to have fun.

No offence taken, because I don't think that way. I just like to smoke and drink AND have fun.

You party animal, you ! grinning smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 16, 2012 14:46

GravityBoy
God.. give her a break!

She is 83.

Her waste size?

Date: June 16, 2012 14:58

Edith Grove
You party animal, you ! grinning smiley

Cheers smileys with beer

-------------------

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 16, 2012 15:18

It's all bullshit talk, I know it. But it's tempting to comment.

The smoking is probably an addiction (a bad one, but too difficult at that age to beat). The weight and bloated face are perhaps not to prevent. But the ugly hair(-cut and -colour), the dreadful glasses, the repulsing nail polish, the clothing - all those things can be changed. She also has an ugly tattoo on her hand - a matter of bad taste too.

She's become sloppy and has lost her class at the age of 66 (though I never found her a real beauty). That's the most appalling thing.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 16, 2012 15:24

The poor womans stuffing herself with mars bars again

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 16, 2012 15:38

kleermaker

The smoking is probably an addiction (a bad one, but too difficult at that age to beat). The weight and bloated face are perhaps not to prevent. But the ugly hair(-cut and -colour), the dreadful glasses, the repulsing nail polish, the clothing - all those things can be changed. She also has an ugly tattoo on her hand - a matter of bad taste too.

She's become sloppy and has lost her class at the age of 66 (though I never found her a real beauty). That's the most appalling thing.

You know all this on the basis of one picture? Maybe she was just running out for a quick errand and the photographer caught her looking her worst. I can't imagine how it must be to always have to be "on", looking your best, even when you just want to pick up a cup of coffee. I know it's the price of fame, but it has to suck. I have an Aunt who was an entertainer for many years, she did cruise ships and quit, partly because she always had to look good, in full makeup and nice clothes whenever she stepped out of her cabin.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 16, 2012 15:57

latebloomer
kleermaker

You know all this on the basis of one picture? Maybe she was just running out for a quick errand and the photographer caught her looking her worst. I can't imagine how it must be to always have to be "on", looking your best, even when you just want to pick up a cup of coffee. I know it's the price of fame, but it has to suck. I have an Aunt who was an entertainer for many years, she did cruise ships and quit, partly because she always had to look good, in full makeup and nice clothes whenever she stepped out of her cabin.

No, no and no again. I didn't suggest that she has to be tiptop every time she steps out. And I'm not fond of makeup either. But the things I mentioned can be prevented at any time: such hair (that tasteless colour!), those glasses, that nail polish. Would make quite a difference, and no effort at all.

Date: June 16, 2012 16:06

Is thaT really her? That is extreme.
Why blame all this on smoking, is what I don't get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-16 16:07 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 16, 2012 16:08

She looks good for 68

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: June 16, 2012 16:54

I have seen her on tour regularly since 1996. She was radiant, witty, in great shape and gave some of her best performances up to and including 2002. The 2002 tour was perhaps her best ever. She started her next tour in 2004. Right from the start of the tour in Island she was in bad shape, ill and exhausted, but her vulture-like "manager" Francois Ravard (whose only source of income she is) let her continue. She then suffered what apparently was a minor heart attack and/or a case of nervous exhaustion a few weeks later before her show in Milan. There has been a steady decline since then. In 2006 she revealed in an interview that she has Hepatitis B. I think decades of overindulgence are finally taking their toll. Coupled with a constant need for cash and a manager willing to play along, it let her to where she is now. It's painful to see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-16 16:57 by MrEcho.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home