Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Would Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, And Honky Tonk Women, Be Considered Great If Released Today?
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 8, 2012 22:06

mitchflorida1
I am still considering this question, but am not ready to comment at this time.
Drink a few more beers and you will get more courage to answer yawning smiley))

Re: Would Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, And Honky Tonk Women, Be Considered Great If Released Today?
Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: June 10, 2012 17:28

mmm , i would think so , but it seems that when somebody in pop idol or x factor chooses a stones rocker like brown sugar they inevetably get voted out !

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 10, 2012 20:02

Out of ontrol wouldn't make sense in the 60s; "I was young, I was foolish" - he WAS still young.
Saint of ME - I think that would have been a bigger hit in the 70's than 90s.
Theif in the Night - I don't think this would be a hit in any decade. But Mick doesn't sing it anyways so I really don't count it as a Stones song anyways.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 10, 2012 20:50

I never thought Satisfaction was that great to begin with. They just played the hell out of it in 1965. I never fell in love with Brown Sugar,(although a crowd pleaser at concerts) and to be perfectly honest with you I can't stand Honkey Tonk Women. Never did like it from the day it was released. To me, I think the time period and the fact that these songs received so much "air time" is the reason they are as popular as they are today. To me, Out Of Control, Saint Of Me, and Thief, are far better Stones songs.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home