Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Queen's Diamond Jubilee
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 4, 2012 22:47

I have done my homework and spent much time throughout England for the past thirty years and I believe Her Majesty has done more for her people than some of you are aware of. Her is an exhausting role.

I wish I could speak so highly of many a self-serving dishonest British politician.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 4, 2012 22:50

You can read her personal comments on the celebrations here: [www.twitter.com]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 4, 2012 23:38

Great party at the grounds around the palace. Watching it right now on TV. Looks like lots of people are having a great time.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 4, 2012 23:48

Did they built the stage on the fountain in front of the palace ? Cool

-------------------

Date: June 5, 2012 00:56

Congratulations to the UK. You guys know how to throw a jubilee party. Just finished watching the show at the palace. Truly amazing.

-------------------

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 5, 2012 01:04

Congrats indeed Great Britain........................good show

Date: June 5, 2012 01:13

Stage designed by Mark Fisher ... and it was spectacular

-------------------

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 5, 2012 01:33

To have a monarchy in the 21th century is, of course, an anachronism. It's a reminder of the feudal state. The most plaguy thing about it is not the royal family itself however - it's the toadyism that always surrounds them.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 5, 2012 15:59

Stoneage
To have a monarchy in the 21th century is, of course, an anachronism. It's a reminder of the feudal state. The most plaguy thing about it is not the royal family itself however - it's the toadyism that always surrounds them.

Yes indeed - especially if you read this:

Unemployed bussed in to steward river pageant

Coachloads of jobless people brought in to work unpaid on river pageant as part of Work Programme
[www.guardian.co.uk]

slave to the rythm eye rolling smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 5, 2012 16:22

Stoneage
To have a monarchy in the 21th century is, of course, an anachronism.

Amazing though how many monarchies are remaining in today's world:
12 in Europe, 13 in America, 6 in Oceania, 5 in Africa, 13 in Asia...(wikipedia source)

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 5, 2012 16:54

kowalski
Stoneage
To have a monarchy in the 21th century is, of course, an anachronism.

Amazing though how many monarchies are remaining in today's world:
12 in Europe, 13 in America, 6 in Oceania, 5 in Africa, 13 in Asia...(wikipedia source)

Yep, and we are one of them. We don't only have a queen/king, but we've got a whole royal family with her/him to maintain. And they're not cheap, I can tell you.

Posted by: Marianella ()
Date: June 5, 2012 17:00

CELEBRATION- JUBILEEE- CELEBRATION

we only go around once

CELEBRATION- JUBILEEE- CELEBRATION

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 5, 2012 19:18

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 5, 2012 19:21

I just read that Mark Fisher , the stones lighting genius was the guy behind last night's fantastic light show

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 5, 2012 19:25

Can someone.. anyone... please... tell me... why do I owe allegience to the Queen?

Under what crackpot rule do they continue to claim authority?

They're not still banging on about the divine right of Kings in this day and age surely?

Listen, in the past Kings became Kings by killing the competition, it was literally "King of the Castle".

They were King because they had the biggest stick.

What is the excuse today.

The Queen is NOT my superior.

"what can a poor boy do..."?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 5, 2012 20:00

GravityBoy
Can someone.. anyone... please... tell me... why do I owe allegience to the Queen?

They're not still banging on about the divine right of Kings in this day and age surely?

Listen, in the past Kings became Kings by killing the competition, it was literally "King of the Castle".

You don't........personally I reckon an oath of alliegance to Father christmas would have as much resonance in reality.........there is no basis in reality for this setup. It's a figment of a mad (with greed) imagination which which people were too scared to contest in days of old, fear of what they were told God would make of it (for the peasants) and fear of being hung, drawn and quartered, literally, or burned alive (for the educated but also a punishment of course for the peasants too).
This is now just a case of the wealthy using this illusion as a means to hanging on to their power and money. There's no real repect even in the inner circles......they don't even believe in it themselves. The Duchess of Cambridge's mother is still called "Doors to manual" behind her back................

Some TV commentator said yesterday..."It's amazing to think she's a direct descendant of Henry VIII"...then stopped in his tracks and said "But he wasn't that cool"...lol

They forget to mention that her and philip are also both direct descendants of Queen Victoria..............
The whole line is littered with inbreds, psychopaths, thieves, adulterers and disease ridden attic dwellers.................
My mother-in-law said it was well known that prince Andrew is the son of the Duke of caernarvon (and Harry is James Hewitt's)..........that's one thing but please where's the honesty ?
My wife said that when she worked in the costume department for the BBC in London in the '60's it was well known amongst the girls that Philip was a great sniffer.........if you get my drift..

That Philip always reminds me of the grandfather in the original 'Texas chinsaw massacre'........................

As Bob Dylan said in one of his songs........"steal a little and they put you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a King"..............

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-06 00:45 by EddieByword.

Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: June 5, 2012 20:22

GravityBoy

You don't owe anything to the queen and for 68p a year she doesn't owe anything to you.
Just relax and enjoy your life......

Date: June 5, 2012 20:29

monkeymark
You don't owe anything to the queen and for 68p a year she doesn't owe anything to you.
Just relax and enjoy your life......

Ah.. nothing to see here.. move along.

I'm not that kind of guy.

Sorry.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: June 6, 2012 00:13

open-g
Stoneage

Coachloads of jobless people brought in to work unpaid on river pageant as part of Work Programme
[www.guardian.co.uk]

And your problem is.......?

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:35

GOO
Still a waste of money

Silly argument, brings much more money back.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:36

Elmo
open-g
Stoneage

[www.guardian.co.uk]

And your problem is.......?

I have a problem to accept modern day slavery - don't you?

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: June 6, 2012 02:29

To the moronic douche bags who missed the last few centuries, it's a constitutional monarchy, where power is exercised by the parliament.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 03:30

studiorambo
To the moronic douche bags who missed the last few centuries, it's a constitutional monarchy, where power is exercised by the parliament.

Yes, indeed. Can we somehow blame the Labour Party for the anachronism that is the Royal Family and the Queen? The part of me that loves to stir the pot desperately hopes they are tacitly responsible for this.

(smile...)

Posted by: hwkn ()
Date: June 6, 2012 03:42

ABC in the US is showing the concert from last night in just under 20 minutes.

Date: June 6, 2012 08:05

hwkn
ABC in the US is showing the concert from last night in just under 20 minutes.

And even that is 10 minutes too long.

(Think about it),

Date: June 6, 2012 08:08

beepee
Silly argument, brings much more money back.

I keep hearing this argument.

Just how does that happen?

Please don't say "tourism", the idea that tourists would stop coming to Britain (London) if we got rid of the Royal Family is silly.

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 11:46

I think some of you need to read both sides of the case re 'unemployed bussed in'

It would appear that 80 people were dropped off two hour earlier than planned due to a cock up in transport..Of those 80..50 were on benefits as they were all part of a 'apprentice' scheme..the others it would seem did not want to take payment. It is said they were provided accommodation, food etc..They all hope to be employed as stewards for the Olympics..and weren't just rounded up off the streets and bussed to London.
It would be nice if it were a fair world..but it isn't..We all have the luxury of sitting here and typing this load of bollox when millions can't..so stop bloody moaning about it..do something about it yourself..The British Royal Family is an institution..one, for the vast majority of British people is worth it at any price..

Date: June 6, 2012 12:33

one, for the vast majority of British people is worth it at any price

I would like to see a vote on that.

Including Scotland and Wales.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 6, 2012 12:48

Gibson668
I think some of you need to read both sides of the case re 'unemployed bussed in'

It would appear that 80 people were dropped off two hour earlier than planned due to a cock up in transport..Of those 80..50 were on benefits as they were all part of a 'apprentice' scheme..the others it would seem did not want to take payment. It is said they were provided accommodation, food etc..They all hope to be employed as stewards for the Olympics..and weren't just rounded up off the streets and bussed to London.
It would be nice if it were a fair world..but it isn't..We all have the luxury of sitting here and typing this load of bollox when millions can't..so stop bloody moaning about it..do something about it yourself..The British Royal Family is an institution..one, for the vast majority of British people is worth it at any price..

Some of these unemployment schemes come pretty close to blackmailing their "volunteers" into taking part - but yes, this one seems to have been mostly a transport and logistics cockup by the private security firm involved. I bet if it had happened at any other big event the media wouldn't have been all that interested.

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 14:11

..I'm sure you would like to see a vote..I can't remember the exact figure they quote..but it's somewhere in the region of 60p per person in the country..don't know if thats just the ones of us that pay tax or not..still..seems bloody could value to me.
Of course there are those extended members of the Royal Family that shouldn't be included..dodgy Prince Andrew springs to mind..but I'd rather have the Queen at the top of the county's pile than some bloody President. She is a constitutional Monarch..she has no power, but she Knighted Jagger..and therefore a fan, and probably a member of IORR....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home