Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How much would you pay for an autographed Keith acoustic?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 19, 2021 16:22

My school had an auction. Up for auction was an autographed Rich Robinson black acoustic Gibson guitar. Bidding started at $600 and it was sold for $1350. I know The Crowes are not The Stones and Rich Robinson is no Keith Richards, but how much would you pay for an autographed acoustic by Keith (brand new, not used)?

Re: How much would you pay for an autographed Keith acoustic?
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 19, 2021 16:43

One for sale currently for a little over $3000 w coa etc.
Quite a few out there, but this one (reduced from $3800) seems priced about right.

THE ROLLING STONES (KEITH RICHARDS) - GUITAR SIGNED - HFSID 177650
KEITH RICHARDS Guitar signed by the co-founder of the Rolling Stones. Guitar signed: "Keith/Richards". Yamaha FG-400A six-string acoustic guitar.
Our Authentication Guarantee (PSA / JSA)

Special Sale Price $3,040.00 Reg. $3,800.00

[www.historyforsale.com]

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 19, 2021 17:04

Depends on the guitar. Don't care about autographs at all, so I'm probably not the target market here;-)

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 19, 2021 17:17

I agree, it depends on the guitar. As a piece of Stones memorabilia, a Stones collector might be willing to buy this. I'd have to hear how the guitar plays before I would consider buying it or any other signed guitar as, IMHO, instruments are meant to be played, not displayed.

I'm more curious regarding this guitar by the description on the link regarding it: "KEITH RICHARDS Guitar signed by the co-founder of the Rolling Stones. Guitar signed: "Keith/Richards". Yamaha FG-400A six-string acoustic guitar. In 1960, former". It's like more words should come after the word "former". This makes me want to know more about the history of the guitar and how it ended up on this site.

As for the signature, I also wonder if it's really Keith's as it resembles more some doodling from a scratch pad.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 19, 2021 17:20

I only like autographs if they're associated with a personal memory of meeting someone. Buying an autograph doesn't do anything for me.

Date: April 19, 2021 17:22

Send It To me
I only like autographs if they're associated with a personal memory of meeting someone. Buying an autograph doesn't do anything for me.

+1

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 19, 2021 17:24

Keith do sign like that but this guitar likely couldn't be played without wearing it off gradually. I would rather have Keith sign off on the guitar I already own. But I remember Micks bodyguard talking about fending off the "damn ebayers" who would come up to him with loose pickguards in order to travel light and put them on a guitar to sell off later. Keith probably came to his own conclusion about such practices and be reluctant to sign anything like that. Case in point would be the guitar for sale that we see above.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2021 19:07

the same price as for his autograph on a photo, an album or a plain sheet of paper. Nothing.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 19, 2021 19:11

I hear you all. I feel the same. I wouldn't pay for one. Just thought about The Stones when that Rich Robinson guitar was being auctioned, because The Crowes are heavily influenced by The Stones. To put it into perspective, a dog that needed to be adopted went for $2850 at the same fundraiser.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 19, 2021 21:04

i've never paid for an autograph in my life! And never would! Primarily I would always be worried that it wasn't legit, but also I never cared much about them.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 20, 2021 01:25

There must be some proof that Keith really signed that thing, but it doesn't look one bit like any signature of his that I have ever seen.

I would be in if it were a guitar he actually used and there was documentation of such. As it is, eh, its worth the value of his autograph because there is no real connection to the instrument. And like I said, I doubt that the signature is authentic or if it is, he was in a real hurry and didn't give an f about it.

So...next.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 20, 2021 09:30

Keef should brand his signature
on people foreheads and charge $5000 ..... sssssizzle SCREEEM ....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 21, 2021 02:08

It says it has an authentic guarantee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-21 02:11 by georgemcdonnell314.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 21, 2021 02:38

Unless you know the person obtaining the autograph, I would stay far away from
autographed items. The market is flooded with fakes. Also, the guarantee means
nothing - in order to return the item, you must prove it’s a fake. Acquiring the
proof is a expensive process.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 21, 2021 03:53

I've never paid for a stand-alone autograph, per se....but I have paid for autographed CDs, Books, etc...Bill Wyman's recent book being one of them....so I guess technically that's paying for an autograph, but I think of it more as a bonus attached to the thing I already wanted cool smileythumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1965
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home