Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Rolling Stones debut album. Your Top 3
Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 3, 2012 05:24

Route 66
Honest I Do
I'm A King Bee

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 3, 2012 09:07

1. I Just Want To Make Love To You
2. Honest I Do
3. Tell Me

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 3, 2012 10:07

I suppose these maed me biggest impression when I first time heard the alum, and proably still are about my favourites:

1. "I Just Want to Make Love to You" - this is probably their most original version of a blues classic ever. Simply genious arrangement. It somehow represents the young and energetic Rolling Stones so well.

2. "Mona" - the performance is simply stunning, as a recording and sonically it hadn't aged a cent; Brian's rhythm guitar sounds still so exciting, and Mick's vocals so thick and strong, full of edge. The atmosphere has a nice mysterious feel in it.

3. "Tell Me" - Of course, a pure pop number, thats is, a total oddity in that rootsy context, but who can resist the charm of this first Jagger/Richard original? Mick and Keith's voices together has that natural chemisty going on. They simply sound great alraedy in this track: Jagger's dark voice actually has strange aggressive depth and edge that drives this number way outside the light pop realm, and Keith's back vox had that nice loose feel.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-03 10:09 by Doxa.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 3, 2012 11:50

OK, Final counting gives the result:

1/ I'm a King Bee 13 votes

2/ Route 66 9 votes

3/ Tell Me & Carol 8 votes

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1440
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home