Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

voodoo brew/stew etc - for what other album?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 30, 2012 22:36

Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue are fantastic windows into the making of the VL album, outtakes, alternative versions, studio chatter, all in superb qualitly.

I'm assuming that nothing comparable exists for any other album,

----> so, in your dreams, what album would you like to get the brew/stew/residue treatment?

I'm going to go for Black and Blue - i'd love to hear work-in-progress versions of Crazy Mama, Memory Motel etc

and (ducking to avoid eggs) Undercover - just cause i think it's a rocking album and have never heard any outtakes that were of listenable quality. Plus all those haters who dont like the production (i dig it) could hear some of the great tunes stripped back a bit

Re: voodoo brew/stew etc - for what other album?
Date: June 1, 2012 17:59

IORR, Black And Blue, Some Girls and ER.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:04

Actually, Undercover without all that over-production might be interesting to listen to.

Date: June 1, 2012 18:11

Oh, duh, Goats Head Soup. The songs that didn't make the album as well as what they did before (or was it after?), Potted Shrimp etc would be cool to hear.

Perhaps the leftovers from the France sessions for Exile since they didn't use a whole lot from there.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:56

Dirty Work. There's a lot of material floating around from those sessions and most of it is better than the released material.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 3, 2012 05:23

I'd love to hear the Exile tapes. I've always been intrigued by Glyn Johns line that you'd think you were with the worst band ever and the all of a sudden this unbeleivable music would just suddenly come out of nowhere I'f love to hear that.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 3, 2012 06:01

there's a steel wheels boot out there somewhere, i forget what's its called tho.

voodoo stew/brew is great - baby break it down with keith on vocals works well. Love THE STORM - it should have been a single and it didn't even make the record

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 3, 2012 06:40

The Storm WAS released on some of the Love Is Strong singles...

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 3, 2012 08:46

big4
Dirty Work. There's a lot of material floating around from those sessions and most of it is better than the released material.

You're absolutely right. I've got a CD of Dirty Work outtakes, and it's a lot of soulful Keef songs, 73 minutes and 37 seconds. I call it the X-Pensive Winos pre-album:

1. What You Gonna Tell Your Boyfriend?
2. Some Of Us Are On Our Knees
3. She Never Listens To Me
4. Baby You're Too Much
5. Fight
6. High Temperature
7. Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever
8. Breakin'
9. Don't Get Mad
10.Who's Shagging Who?
11.I Want Nobody Else (take 1)
12.I Want Nobody Else (take 2)
13.I Want Nobody Else (take 3)
14.Treat Me Like A Fool (take 1)
15.Treat Me Like A Fool (take 2)
16.Instrumental
17.You Got It
18.My Baby Left Me

Recorded April 8 to June 17, 1985 at Pathe-Marconi Studios, this is the Stones album that should have been allowed to happen!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home