Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Just What Exactly Do You Want From The Rolling Stones For 50th Anniversary Year?
Date: May 28, 2012 22:47

The 50th anniversary year begins on July 12, 2012 and runs through July 11, 2013. As a hardcore fan of the Rolling Stones what is it exactly that you want? New album? A tour? Rolling Stones bobbleheads? Mick Taylor? Bill Wyman? A concert in your hometown? A concert guesting Rihanna? A concert on a cruise ship? Warhorses? No Warhorses? Open or close the Olympics? A club gig on July 12? Etc.

Imagine you are speaking directly to the band.

Re: Just What Exactly Do You Want From The Rolling Stones For 50th Anniversary Year?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 28, 2012 22:53

You to stop posting stupid threads and pretending you're not another poster with the same traits.

Re: Just What Exactly Do You Want From The Rolling Stones For 50th Anniversary Year?
Date: May 28, 2012 23:00

Gazza
You to stop posting stupid threads and pretending you're not another poster with the same traits.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this thread.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 28, 2012 23:03

Same shit. Different day!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 28, 2012 23:06

<<<<Imagine you are speaking directly to the band>>>>

Dear Band:

For your 50th year of giving us music, entertainment, interviews, small gigs, huge gigs,autographs,meeting some of us (Torontonians) in person and treating us with kindness,TV shows, on and on.......what I "want exactly from you guys now" is whatever you want to 'give us'/do with your lives.

You have earned the right to relaxing, retirement, enjoying your families, doing whatever pleases you.

I am grateful for all of the music and for your kindness and gentlemen-like attitudes when I met you all in Toronto. I am more than 'satisfied'. THANKS!

Please.....the choice is yours. Whatever you choose to do, ENJOY and be HAPPY!smiling smiley

CE

Date: May 28, 2012 23:09

Gazza

Damn, that was good!! I'm almost sorry that I responded to this thread in the first place. Good going, Gazza.tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 28, 2012 23:09

Gazza

Shit? Somebody asks you what the desires of your heart are within the context of the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary year and you respond like this?

Date: May 28, 2012 23:15

Cocaine Eyes
Gazza

Damn, that was good!! I'm almost sorry that I responded to this thread in the first place. Good going, Gazza.tongue sticking out smiley

Wow, that was a quick turn around! For what it is worth I enjoyed your first comments. Seemed sincere.smiling smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 28, 2012 23:15

A residency in London with several shows and lots of different songs each night. Access to those shows via internet for a reasonable fee. A couple of guests each night. It would be nice if those shows could recount their story in some manner.
How one celebrates an important birthday with class and fun? Personally I don't know but somebody in the stones must have good ideas.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: May 28, 2012 23:20

rollmops
A residency in London with several shows and lots of different songs each night. Access to those shows via internet for a reasonable fee. A couple of guests each night. It would be nice if those shows could recount their story in some manner.
How one celebrates an important birthday with class and fun? Personally I don't know but somebody in the stones must have good ideas.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Thanks for weighing in. Always nice to keep reminding them of what we want. It's been working so far.

Date: May 28, 2012 23:26

Gazza

Nothing stupid at all about letting the Stones know the desires of our hearts. In case you haven't noticed our voices are not falling on deaf ears these days. Maybe at one time, but not today.

So, Mr. Gazza, what are your wishes?

Date: May 28, 2012 23:29

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Cocaine Eyes
Gazza

Wow, that was a quick turn around! For what it is worth I enjoyed your first comments. Seemed sincere.smiling smiley

My first comment was sincere, very sincere. But when Gazza weighed in with his thoughts, I second-guessed myself.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 28, 2012 23:32

Gazza

Nothing stupid at all about letting the Stones know the desires of our hearts. In case you haven't noticed our voices are not falling on deaf ears these days. Maybe at one time, but not today.

er....LondonStreetKidsStonesRule...I think the issue if I may, is that you sort of use IORR like some people use Twitter, which is to say every time a fleeting thought enters your mind, you feel it necessary to Tweet/start a new thread.

Now, to be fair, no one can be expected to come up with new and interesting contributions all the time.

When that happens, most people just read, and don't post, or post, and don't start new threads that in the end, all sound vaguely the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-28 23:35 by treaclefingers.

Date: May 28, 2012 23:33

Cocaine Eyes
Cocaine Eyes
Gazza

My first comment was sincere, very sincere. But when Gazza weighed in with his thoughts, I second-guessed myself.

Which you have every right to do.smileys with beer

Date: May 28, 2012 23:52

treaclefingers
Gazza

er....LondonStreetKidsStonesRule...I think the issue if I may, is that you sort of use IORR like some people use Twitter, which is to say every time a fleeting thought enters your mind, you feel it necessary to Tweet/start a new thread.

Now, to be fair, no one can be expected to come up with new and interesting contributions all the time.

When that happens, most people just read, and don't post, or post, and don't start new threads that in the end, all sound vaguely the same.

This may come as a surprise to you but this (IORR) is a fabulous sounding board with a direct line to the Rolling Stones. Now, you can either believe that or not. It has led to some amazing results in recent years. Doesn't mean we are always going to get everything we want, but our voices are being heard. You are just going to have to trust me on this one.

Date: May 28, 2012 23:56

treaclefingers
Gazza

This may come as a surprise to you but this (IORR) is a fabulous sounding board with a direct line to the Rolling Stones. Now, you can either believe that or not. It has led to some amazing results in recent years. Doesn't mean we are always going to get everything we want, but our voices are being heard, Trust me.

Sometimes you have to call for help and wave your hands in someones face more than once to get their attention. After all these years we are finally getting the attention of the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 28, 2012 23:58

Well, I hope the ballyhooed documentary is satisfying. With maybe an accompanying CD of unreleased material. The continuation of the bootleg series with maybe a true surprise among the pickings. And finally, some concerts. I've given up on the idea of Wyman going anywhere outside a car/train ride in Europe, so I don't expect to see him here in the states. My guess is he'll do a show or two in London. Don't know if it will just be a number or two. Who knows? Love to see him on a cut or two on their next album, although they might have to step on Daryll's emotional toes to do it. A Taylor contribution on record and maybe a concert or two. He could do CYHMK.

There. I didn't attack anybody. It's really not that hard.

Date: May 29, 2012 00:02

24FPS
Well, I hope the ballyhooed documentary is satisfying. With maybe an accompanying CD of unreleased material. The continuation of the bootleg series with maybe a true surprise among the pickings. And finally, some concerts. I've given up on the idea of Wyman going anywhere outside a car/train ride in Europe, so I don't expect to see him here in the states. My guess is he'll do a show or two in London. Don't know if it will just be a number or two. Who knows? Love to see him on a cut or two on their next album, although they might have to step on Daryll's emotional toes to do it. A Taylor contribution on record and maybe a concert or two. He could do CYHMK.

Seems to me that you've attacked the attackers, albeit subtly, which disproves your point.

Seems it may be more difficult than at first blush!

Date: May 29, 2012 00:02

24FPS

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!smileys with beer

Date: May 29, 2012 00:06

treaclefingers
24FPS

Seems to me that you've attacked the attackers, albeit subtly, which disproves your point.

Attack implies aggression, there was nothing aggressive in his tone. Besides, once you strike and then cry that you have been struck back, well...........

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2012 01:34

I want a real fine car... fly Miami too
..................................... Luxury Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Date: May 29, 2012 01:39

treaclefingers
24FPS

Attack implies aggression, there was nothing aggressive in his tone. Besides, once you strike and then cry that you have been struck back, well...........

Hang on, whatever happened to two wrongs don't make a right?!

We should be allowed to attack willy nilly without fear of reprisal!

It's nature's way.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 29, 2012 01:40

This may come as a surprise to you but this (IORR) is a fabulous sounding board with a direct line to the Rolling Stones.

IORR is not a direct line to anyone or anything. It's just a bunch of old men with too much time on their hands pissing into the wind.

Date: May 29, 2012 01:40

Rockman
I want a real fine car... fly Miami too
..................................... Luxury Jagger/Richards

Anything for you, Rockman.smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2012 01:51

Anything for you, Rockman

Okay ... what about some footage of Charlie's stallion doin' his singer's dog....that'd be good ta see huh huh

ROCKMAN

Date: May 29, 2012 02:00

treaclefingers
treaclefingers
24FPS

Hang on, whatever happened to two wrongs don't make a right?!

We should be allowed to attack willy nilly without fear of reprisal!

It's nature's way.

It's man's nature to war with his fellow man. One strikes, and if the other is still standing, he strikes back, (unless he is a pacifist) and so on, and so, on. The good news is, that one day the male species will become extinct.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 29, 2012 02:05

Date: May 29, 2012 02:13

tatters

This may come as a surprise to you but this (IORR) is a fabulous sounding board with a direct line to the Rolling Stones.

IORR is not a direct line to anyone or anything. It's just a bunch of old men with too much time on their hands pissing into the wind.

Sorry, but you are just "flat out" wrong about this! Not saying it has been this way always, but things change, and sometimes for the better. The Exile and Some Girls bonus tracks are a direct result of that change.

tatters, never think your voice is not being heard. Your name is written in "The Book of Admittance" to Stones Heaven and don't you ever forget that!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 29, 2012 02:30

Date: May 29, 2012 02:34

tatters

That is LITERALLY hitting below the belt!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home