Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Bill Wymman: I play with the Stones if they get together
Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: May 24, 2012 18:18

champ72
Well I think I'd prefer to go with the current Stone's comment of them trying to get Taylor into playing form rather that some old Birds Custard eating ex-member's interview that has been translated from English into Spanish and then back into English. Also, the comment says "we thought about it but..." as if he is part of any decision-making. Not sure how reliable all this is.. As for those in this thread questioning Taylor's current playing abilities - he is clearly getting into form, look at what he played on Fallon, some very tasty little snippets. So his playing form is at least up to par with Ronnie and Keith I would say. As for his health, who knows? But he looks better than a few years ago in my opinion. I am not a doctor and do not know Taylor personally so I've no idea really, just going on what I can see..
At the end of the day though, maybe he can't really be bothered? I hope he can but who knows?

agreed with everything , apart from the last two sentences , where did you get that from ?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 24, 2012 20:06

I would love to see him back in the band. I was never a Wyman fan back in the day. I would see a guy like Entwistle play bass and think: 'Wyman sucks compared to this guy!'. It took me 30 years to realize what Wyman did bring to the band, and what an anchor he was, holding it together on-stage.

There are flashier guys out there, and Darryl may be very technically proficient, but Wyman is the best fit for the Stones (something I never thought I would say!)

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: May 25, 2012 00:03

straycatblues73
champ72
Well I think I'd prefer to go with the current Stone's comment of them trying to get Taylor into playing form rather that some old Birds Custard eating ex-member's interview that has been translated from English into Spanish and then back into English. Also, the comment says "we thought about it but..." as if he is part of any decision-making. Not sure how reliable all this is.. As for those in this thread questioning Taylor's current playing abilities - he is clearly getting into form, look at what he played on Fallon, some very tasty little snippets. So his playing form is at least up to par with Ronnie and Keith I would say. As for his health, who knows? But he looks better than a few years ago in my opinion. I am not a doctor and do not know Taylor personally so I've no idea really, just going on what I can see..
At the end of the day though, maybe he can't really be bothered? I hope he can but who knows?

agreed with everything , apart from the last two sentences , where did you get that from ?

Nowhere really - just wondering what's behind Wyman's comments, and thought maybe MT isn't actually all that enthusiastic about playing with them again. I have absolutely nothing to base that on and it's totally an uneducated guess. Just thinking out loud really. I would love to see Taylor back in the fold..

Re: Bill Wyman: I play with the Stones if they get together
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 25, 2012 00:58

if they start playing with bill and mick taylor again it will be huge.

you may ask:why do you say this lem? well let me tell you ,first off the stones are way,way more of a big deal in pop culture and in todays media than alot of fans here realise.

and even if the public in general do not know the exact characters and the background ie: who exactly mick taylor or bill wyman are and why they're so important the story and the drama surrounding it will have an effect and every rock and roll fan[and thats ALOT of people]know exactly who those guys are.do you think the stadium full of people at the last show you saw were all clueless about the stones and were just there...why,because they cancelled pizza night?

"the rolling stones welcome back former members"-

"mick jagger and keith richards now have two of their old bandmates back onboard"...thats a big story in the media. and if something clicks and they start playing lights out..its freakin on.and you can talk all day about age and this and that but when they're focused in and get down to it every one of those guys can flat out play...c'mon bill,lets git it.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 25, 2012 01:23

lem motlow
if they start playing with bill and mick taylor again it will be huge.

you may ask:why do you say this lem? well let me tell you ,first off the stones are way,way more of a big deal in pop culture and in todays media than alot of fans here realise.

and even if the public in general do not know the exact characters and the background ie: who exactly mick taylor or bill wyman are and why they're so important the story and the drama surrounding it will have an effect and every rock and roll fan[and thats ALOT of people]know exactly who those guys are.do you think the stadium full of people at the last show you saw were all clueless about the stones and were just there...why,because they cancelled pizza night?

"the rolling stones welcome back former members"-

"mick jagger and keith richards now have two of their old bandmates back onboard"...thats a big story in the media. and if something clicks and they start playing lights out..its freakin on.and you can talk all day about age and this and that but when they're focused in and get down to it every one of those guys can flat out play...c'mon bill,lets git it.

+1

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 25, 2012 01:34

Bill said he will play one concert with them, nothing more. I guess they are planning some kind of a commemorative gig. When it comes to Mick Taylor, nobody knows.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home