Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What Does Mick Sing At The End Of "The Last Time"?
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:00

Please listen carefully to "The Last Time". Near the 3.00 minute mark, does Mick sing "See you in the fall"?

LINK - [consequenceofsound.net]

Or, am I just overly hopeful?confused smiley

Re: What Does Mick Sing At The End Of "The Last Time"?
Posted by: Nimrod ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:03

"I'll see you no more"

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:03

"I'll see you no more"

"No, not no more"

Date: May 21, 2012 23:05

OK, well hope reigns eternal!!smoking smiley

Thanks,
CE

Posted by: Nimrod ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:08

Woah, I just realized something! When Mick sings "With what you know it should be easy" I think it's a hidden message. Look at what we know; the Stones were all in New York recently...this year is their 50th anniversary...so with what we know it should be easy to see that THERE'S A TOUR COMING! That sly dog thought he could get by me. Not a chance! See...he sang this one for a reason!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:12

It's not "I'll see you no more," it's "seats you can't afford"

Date: May 21, 2012 23:12

And Mick uses the original wording of "COULD be the last time". I'm sure I've heard him sing (in other situations) "WILL be the last time".

confused smiley smoking smiley confused smiley

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:13

I think he was telling you it could be the last time he'll sing this song. Or not.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:47

bam
I think he was telling you it could be the last time he'll sing this song. Or not.

u r funny!

Date: May 22, 2012 00:44

Cocaine Eyes
Please listen carefully to "The Last Time". Near the 3.00 minute mark, does Mick sing "See you in the fall"?

I have listened to it over 40 times since Saturday and that is exactly what he said. This was discussed on another thread, but it deserves it's own.

Date: May 22, 2012 00:50

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Cocaine Eyes

I have listened to it over 40 times since Saturday and that is exactly what he said. This was discussed on another thread, but it deserves it's own.

It is absolutely not. It is "The last time baby, I'll see you no more"

He did it on SNL. He did it in 1997. He did in 1998. "I'll see you no more."

Date: May 22, 2012 01:05

Justin
Cocaine Eyes

It is absolutely not. It is "The last time baby, I'll see you no more"

He did it on SNL. He did it in 1997. He did in 1998. "I'll see you no more."

He slipped in a "I'll see you in the fall" on SNL May 19, 2012. I thought it was very clever. Signs and Wonders, must mean something big is coming!

Date: May 22, 2012 01:16

Nimrod
"I'll see you no more"

Yes, but he also slipped in "I'll see you in the fall". Translated, means, have a nice summer! And be ready to rock in the fall, or something like that.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 22, 2012 01:52

I always thought the original studio version was "pre-announcement tour". spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: May 22, 2012 02:14

winter
I always thought the original studio version was "pre-announcement tour". spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Too right, and actually if you pay close attention to the fade on the original, he sings "See you in the fall of 2012 / 13". By the way, this is only on the reel-to-reel German version of High Tide though, which fades out a little later. So that only the real dedicated fans can have access to this important pre-announcement.

Date: May 22, 2012 03:24

Cocaine Eyes

So, you hear him sing that as well? Perhaps he's merely saying this is the season finale of SNL and SNL will return in the Fall??????? eye popping smiley

Date: May 22, 2012 08:39

Boy, some people will try to read anything into lyrics in a song to satisfy there craving for a tour...

Date: May 22, 2012 09:41

He slipped in a "I'll see you in the fall" on SNL May 19, 2012. I thought it was very clever. Signs and Wonders, must mean something big is coming!

I counted five syllables each time he sang that part. "I'll see you in the fall" is six syllables. Where do you hear 6 syllables? He does three "I'll see you no more" and five "no no not more's"...which ones of those does he say "see you in the fall"?

HE. DOES. NOT. SAY. IT.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 22, 2012 18:19

Mick Jagger wore a shirt and pants and shoes on SNL.

OMG!!! He also wears shirts and pants and shoes while on stage with The Stones! He was sending us a message. THE TOUR IS ON!!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 22, 2012 18:40

Send It To me
It's not "I'll see you no more," it's "seats you can't afford"

smileys with beer

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 22, 2012 18:42

I thought he said "see now I'm bald".

Date: May 22, 2012 20:02

Cocaine Eyes
Cocaine Eyes

So, you hear him sing that as well? Perhaps he's merely saying this is the season finale of SNL and SNL will return in the Fall??????? eye popping smiley

Yes, could very well be what he meant. Or not.smiling smiley Also, at the end of the show he wished the viewers a great summer.

Date: May 22, 2012 20:11

Justin

I counted five syllables each time he sang that part. "I'll see you in the fall" is six syllables. Where do you hear 6 syllables? He does three "I'll see you no more" and five "no no not more's"...which ones of those does he say "see you in the fall"?

HE. DOES. NOT. SAY. IT.

This tape needs to be professionally analyzed!

Date: May 22, 2012 20:23

GumbootCloggeroo
Mick Jagger wore a shirt and pants and shoes on SNL.

OMG!!! He also wears shirts and pants and shoes while on stage with The Stones! He was sending us a message. THE TOUR IS ON!!

The thing that was most telling was when he winked, right at me, and only me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home