Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Any news on next stones archive release?
Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: May 31, 2012 16:35

studiorambo
The next release must only be days away. Can't wait. I'm hoping for something from '69 or '72.

Good to read this, i was thinking i was the only one who hope for some
Taylor years release , most of the guys here are wainting for a 89 or 95 Show
not me...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 31, 2012 16:36

Eleanor Rigby
if they release an "archive" from post 1982 i will puke !

Make sure to have a bucket handy smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 31, 2012 16:45

What About anything from the Brian Jones era?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 31, 2012 16:57

Eleanor Rigby
well if they release an "archive" from post 1982 i will puke !

If it's the 1st London or the 2nd Frankfurt show you're gonna have to eat your puke cos these are fantastic perfs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-31 16:58 by dcba.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 31, 2012 17:24

Rolling Hansie
Eleanor Rigby

yes...that's what I'm afraid of..
I'm sure as hell wont be purchasing any "archive" show from 89 onwards...I's rather buy an $8 pint at the pub.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: May 31, 2012 17:37

I'll buy it! And I'll love it! there's a lot of post-1988 stuff out there that is just fine with me! I'm into the TOTALITY of the Stones' career. To me the second half (post-1988) is just as fascinating as the first, even if not as consistently rewarding musically.

I know I'm in the minority here on this. That's cool. But I would LOVE to hear one of the great club shows or other great concerts from the post-1988 years mixed well and given the treatment.

there's PLENTY of material to go around. I know they said six of these releases, but they can always start it up again. Why not, after all?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 31, 2012 17:42

Eleanor Rigby
Rolling Hansie
Eleanor Rigby

I'm sure as hell wont be purchasing any "archive" show from 89 onwards...I's rather buy an $8 pint at the pub.

Nothing's worst than 81'

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: May 31, 2012 17:42

Eleanor Rigby
Rolling Hansie
Eleanor Rigby

Yes, there must be so much on tape from before 1982, and there is too much already released post-1982, of which most sounds pretty much the same. They really should release stuff from the 60s or 70s. 60s ideally.

If Don Was is reading this - come on, please release the old stuff! Plus also the outtakes and other versions from the past also.. eg. the version of HTW with piano and other instruments in the verses before they were removed to give us the released version. We need some releases like the Beatles anthology series.

If Abkco needs to be involved then fine. Now that they have a younger and more progressive management then they ought to be more interested in archive releases (eg. the deluxe Ya-Yas was released).

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: May 31, 2012 19:06

Does anyone know how the releases have sold so far in relation to each other?
I'm just guessing, but I would have thought that shows from the 'Golden Era' would sell better to the general public and the hardcore fans.
No disrespect intended to Stones performances post '89, but I would think a show from '69 or '72 would be perceived by the music press & general media as more exciting & essential than anything from their latter days...
If I was boss, I'd be tempted to release Altamont, that would get huge press coverage everywhere!

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: May 31, 2012 20:07

the stones twitter account mentioned on March 3oth that a release was coming for April 2nd, we should hear something soon if they stick to the 2 month release schedule, I tweeted them last week and asked if it was atlantic city 89 and they marked my post as a favorite, this is why I guessed that, I have no idea, but if you go by the shirt selection at stones archive, they have '71, '72 and '89,

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: May 31, 2012 23:04

artinis1
the stones twitter account mentioned on March 3oth that a release was coming for April 2nd, we should hear something soon if they stick to the 2 month release schedule, I tweeted them last week and asked if it was atlantic city 89 and they marked my post as a favorite, this is why I guessed that, I have no idea, but if you go by the shirt selection at stones archive, they have '71, '72 and '89,

Do you think they intend to release the London Roundhouse show from 1971 at some point? That is the T-Shirt shown.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: May 31, 2012 23:37

yes

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: June 1, 2012 23:08

Let this baby have some air. She's been cooped up for, hopefully, 40 to 43 years already.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home