Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SOME GIRLS purple vinyl
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: May 7, 2012 10:34

I got my copy, yesterday.
Everything seems to be ok, but a detail: catalogue numbers onto labels and cover
do not match.
Would any owner of this record please tell if it's the same with his copy?
My copy has the same cat. no. on lbls of the second pink issue, but is folded in a cover with catalogue number of the azure record.
Thanks everybody,
Luca

Re: SOME GIRLS purple vinyl
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: May 7, 2012 11:07

I'm not at home, but I think mine is exactly like this one:
[www.vinylstones.org]

Date: May 7, 2012 11:27

Mine is identical, but the catalogue number on cover ending with 40 instead of 41.
Moreover, I got without the sealing plastic film so it's without the round colored
sticker use to recognize the color of the vinyl inside.
Thanks, Luca

Date: May 7, 2012 11:37

Mine also came without the plastic film and without that round colored sticker that I have in the other ones...
I take a look at my copy today and confirm you that is like yours (or different).
Best

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: May 7, 2012 11:58

Ricky
[www.vinylstones.org]

this is my website (vinylstones) but I'm sorry - when I took the pictures and added the records to my site I failed to notice the different order numbers. Silly me as I'm sometimes way to sleazy...angry smiley

I will correct the details soon but what I can confirm by now is that the pink and the purple "editions" both share the same number ending with "1" - on the labels and on the covers.

As I got my purple one with the three others (pre-ordered) I would think that this is the correct pairing of cover and LP.

Hope that helps,
Thomas

Date: May 7, 2012 12:04

No problem, I'm pretty sure that something's wrong with my copy...
I got it by a friend on eBay and I don't know the seller personally, but I guess he
changed the cover and this could be the reason why I've not paid a very high price for it.
Any further info is more than welcome!
Thanks, Luca

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 7, 2012 12:09

I guess he changed the cover

You might go look back through the threads about people ordering this direct when they went on sale. There apparently was quite problem with shoddy packaging and many many covers were damaged in shipping.... that might be the reason the cover was switched... just a thought.

Date: May 7, 2012 12:30

Max'sKansasCity
I guess he changed the cover

You might go look back through the threads about people ordering this direct when they went on sale. There apparently was quite problem with shoddy packaging and many many covers were damaged in shipping.... that might be the reason the cover was switched... just a thought.

excellent point, sounds like a very good reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-07 12:31 by silkcut1978_.

Date: May 7, 2012 12:42

I agree... if this will be confirmed, I will buy one more pink copy from Bravado
and place the LP inside a ...41 cover,

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2012 17:03

I think I read in a previous thread that the purple vinyl in and of itself was an error, and that UMe had offered purchasers to replace, but indicated that they may choose to keep this 'rare' error.

This comes via an earlier thread, so it is not 'first hand info' on my part.

Date: May 7, 2012 20:40

Hi again: I take a look at my copies and both (purple and pink) have the same numbers: 278 854 1 in the labels and the cover.

By the way, Luca: Can I ask you how it's going your book?
I sent you a pdf with my attempt of an spanish discography... hope it helps...

Best:
Ricardo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-07 20:40 by Ricky.

Date: May 7, 2012 20:44

silkcut1978_
Ricky
[www.vinylstones.org]

this is my website (vinylstones) but I'm sorry - when I took the pictures and added the records to my site I failed to notice the different order numbers. Silly me as I'm sometimes way to sleazy...angry smiley

I will correct the details soon but what I can confirm by now is that the pink and the purple "editions" both share the same number ending with "1" - on the labels and on the covers.

As I got my purple one with the three others (pre-ordered) I would think that this is the correct pairing of cover and LP.

Hope that helps,
Thomas

Sorry Thomas: I know that is your website but I forgot to say it. I write you an email some years ago giving you thanks for your fantastic website.

I hope you find time to finish the second part of the UK singles...

Best:
Ricardo

Date: May 7, 2012 23:28

Ricky
silkcut1978_
Ricky
[www.vinylstones.org]

Hope that helps,
Thomas

Sorry Thomas: I know that is your website but I forgot to say it. I write you an email some years ago giving you thanks for your fantastic website.

I hope you find time to finish the second part of the UK singles...

Best:
Ricardo

No, no Ricardo - I just felt the need to excuse for my errors with the Some Girls order-numbers, that's why I pointed out that's it's mine..sad smiley

Glad that you like my site anyway and yes, I have my plans to go on with the UK-singles one day. But I miss too much of the demo-singles and that's why I always kinda hesitate but we'll see.

Cheers
Thomas

Date: May 8, 2012 20:33

silkcut1978_
No, no Ricardo - I just felt the need to excuse for my errors with the Some Girls order-numbers, that's why I pointed out that's it's mine..sad smiley

Glad that you like my site anyway and yes, I have my plans to go on with the UK-singles one day. But I miss too much of the demo-singles and that's why I always kinda hesitate but we'll see.

Cheers
Thomas

If the reason why you don't updated the UK singles is that you have to put more demos, then that's good news for me.

Thanks for all
Ricardo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home