Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New Memoir, Stones Content
Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 2, 2020 17:35

Hi, everyone. Some of you read my book You Get What You Need: Stories of Rolling Stones Fans. Some of you were interviewed for that book, and some were in that book.

Now I have a new book, a memoir, about the relationships in my life. It is called My Men, Mick, and Me by Andee Baker (angee). It is written in a much more personal, informal style than the other one.

Let me take you through all three parts of the title to explain more about the content:

My Men: These are the guys with whom I have formed important relationships, with all the joys and sorrows that go with intimate connections.
Mick: Naturally, this is, “Mick Jagger.” I have not met Mick on a one-to one basis and yet we have communicated, mainly nonverbally as audience member and performer. The Rolling Stones have enriched my life almost from the start of the band, and Mick has indirectly encouraged the more rock ’n roll side of me.
Me: My journey in life as expressed through my relationships, with stumbles and insights.

The Stones content is at the beginning and ending of each chapter and pops up inside the chapters too.

You can find this book on Amazon in two formats, Kindle (2.99) and in print paperback now (9.99+shipping):
[www.amazon.com]

It is also available at Amazon in other countries, such as amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.com.au, and amazon.nl. Just search for "My Men, Mick and Me."

Here is a description of the book:

"Follow the adventures of Andee (Andrea/angee) as she discovers boys, and then marries young to a computer nerd, breaking out of that to head into other dysfunctional yet joyful relationships, fueled by drugs, mostly marijuana. After divorce, she couples up with, among others, an artist whose alcohol addiction comes first, a flirtatious Russian major living with his parents, and a bass player who shares a nickname with his dog. Eventually, Andee decides to leave the Midwest for southwestern pastures, seeking…new vistas…new men? Through it all, her love for The Rolling Stones a constant, Andee talks about how their front man, Mick Jagger, relates to these pairings over time. Never meeting, just encountering Mick as part of the up-close audience, at publicity events and in media coverage, in her imagination, he represents her wilder, unconventional side and spurs it on."

If you like the idea of it, order it, and read it, I’d appreciate you writing a review on Amazon or commenting here or in email to me.

Thanks so much for your attention.

(If anyone can copy the cover image in this topic, that'd be great.)

cheers,
angee (andee)

~"Love is Strong"~

Re: OT: New Memoir, Stones Content
Date: November 2, 2020 18:07

Congratulations, Andee! thumbs up

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: November 2, 2020 18:11

Cool idea for a book. Good luck, Andee, and congratulations on getting it out.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 2, 2020 18:31

Congratulations, Andee! smiling smiley

angee

(If anyone can copy the cover image in this topic, that'd be great.)

cheers,
angee (andee)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 2, 2020 18:36

Thanks, Chris L, Dandy, and Cristiano, and to you, Cristiano, for the cover.

~"Love is Strong"~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home