Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Rolling Stones & Muddy Waters Live At The Checkerboard Lounge DVD & CD on preorder @ Play.com
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 6, 2012 14:45

Just got it.
The videoquality of checkerboard is remarkable good,whereas Black Limousine footage
from Hampton is...errr....
In case there are any plans to release the whole show in this quality...

Now I´m gonna watch and enjoy the whole....

Re: Rolling Stones & Muddy Waters Live At The Checkerboard Lounge DVD & CD on preorder @ Play.com
Date: July 6, 2012 17:29

shortfatfanny
Just got it.
The videoquality of checkerboard is remarkable good,whereas Black Limousine footage
from Hampton is...errr....
In case there are any plans to release the whole show in this quality...

Now I´m gonna watch and enjoy the whole....

When the Stones posted lots of videos from the Hampton show on Youtube, it looked like BL had some flaws compared with the other videos from the show. Might be that the quality on this track in particular is inferior.m

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 6, 2012 21:11

Mine arrived. Great packaging, the lp's sound brilliant.
Yes black limousine is a very bad bonus with this quality.
The DVD is great anyway. It is a 4/3 ratio not a 16/9.
Everyone is well dressed but Mick with his Ellesse stuff, even Keith has the regular 81 tour dress code. Ronnie a tie.
Buddy was already great not only during shine a light show smiling smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-06 21:19 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 6, 2012 21:53

Sweet

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 6, 2012 22:45

the dvd is awesome. The sound is so fantastic (it sounds exactly like you are in the club). Bob Clearmountain made a great mix again with a clear instruments separation.
You just have here the best ones : Muddy (his band is something), Buddy, Junior Wells and Stones.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 6, 2012 23:52

You have to like the cans of Old Style over by the piano. Mick takes a pull off one of those cans and the look on his face says there was either a cigarette butt in there or the beer was really warm. I am very pleased to see this has been released. Can't wait to buy it as I have old poor quality vids of this for years.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 7, 2012 22:29

Series: Rolling Stones Radio Hour
Length: 00:59:02
An hour long visit with the new release of the Stones and Muddy Waters recorded live at the Checkerboard Lounge in November 1981.

[www.prx.org]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 7, 2012 23:00

Very nice. Also just got it today. My thought is more jams with Buddy Guy please. There was a real nice groove going on that stage, wow !!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 8, 2012 04:55

Kevin has a great show. Just finished watching it... They should have included an option to mute Lizzy Leftie from the gig. I want to strangle the jealous hack for playing horrible music and getting in the way on stage. Buddy Guy delivered great vocals but I was not impressed with his playing.

Hoochie Coochie Man and Manish Boy were outstanding! Bob did a fantastic mix on this..

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: July 8, 2012 06:35

Here in the U.S. they have the DVD/CD set available but it's only listed as 1 CD with the following track list:

CD:
1) Introduction Instrumental
2) You Don’t Have To Go
3) Baby Please Don’t’ Go
4) Hoochie Coochie Man
5) Long Distance Call
6) Mannish Boy
7) Got My Mojo Working
8) Next Time You See Me
9) One Eyed Woman
10) Blow Wind Blow
11) Champagne & Reefer

I notice the DVD/CD/LP set from japan listed above has 2 CD's, can anyone shed any light on exactly what's on the 2 cd set? Curious why the 2 CD set isn't available in the U.S. I know I can buy the DVD/2CD set from Japan but the DVD is listed as region 2, I need region 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-08 06:38 by slowhand.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 8, 2012 06:55

can anyone shed any light on exactly what's on the 2 cd set?

....complete set but Japanese release is Limited Edition so don't ya leave it toooooo long will ya...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: July 8, 2012 07:14

Rockman
can anyone shed any light on exactly what's on the 2 cd set?

....complete set but Japanese release is Limited Edition so don't ya leave it toooooo long will ya...

Thanks for the info Rockman...and the DVD is definitely region 2?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 8, 2012 07:54

.and the DVD is definitely region 2?

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 8, 2012 13:26

Yep! For us in Europe that's great, we have the same region, unless it would've been blu ray then it's different again.

Date: July 8, 2012 15:57

Am I the only one who thought Lefty Dizz ruined most of the dvd?

Date: July 8, 2012 16:05

flacnvinyl
Am I the only one who thought Lefty Dizz ruined most of the dvd?

Well, he certainly took big space when he came on. Luckily, he didn´t destroy it all.

Date: July 8, 2012 17:08

I couldn't hear a single note from Lefty that was in tune or remotely pleasant. It seemed to me that he was doing a 'me too' routine. He kept getting in the way on stage and musically. Several points were so unbearable that my friends had looks of confusion/disgust on their faces. After hearing such a great first half of the concert, the last part is just a mess in comparison. Lefty should have never been allowed on stage. All the other guests were fun in some way or another.

Seeing Jagger chewing his nails and hearing Keith loud and clear is just a complete joy. Great moments and wonderful to hear it in such excellent sound!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 8, 2012 18:19

Btw . On the first Stones tour I've seen in 70 Buddy Guy and J. Wells + band were the support band. Great playing but unfortunately most people didn't pay much attention although the blooze was en vogue at the time.

Date: July 8, 2012 18:20

What are the first 2 bonus songs on the DVD???

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 8, 2012 20:54

On the 1cd version there you have on the cd, nr10 Blow wind blow, which looks like it's not on the 2cd version, right?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 8, 2012 22:43

Vinyl, DVD and CD box sets now available for September preorder for Muddy gig and Stones live in Texas. £33 each.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: July 8, 2012 23:32

toomuchforme
the dvd is awesome. The sound is so fantastic (it sounds exactly like you are in the club). Bob Clearmountain made a great mix again with a clear instruments separation.
You just have here the best ones : Muddy (his band is something), Buddy, Junior Wells and Stones.

I got my DVD and CD yesterday, I agree with you 100 %. Muddy Waters is my favourite blues singer and I LOVE the Stones singing and playing the blues!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-08 23:32 by gipsy12.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 8, 2012 23:41

flairville
Vinyl, DVD and CD box sets now available for September preorder for Muddy gig and Stones live in Texas. £33 each.
Sorry at hmv.com!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 9, 2012 17:04

just got it.
listening to the cd now, with a beer.
great sound!!
gonna watch the dvd tonite.
for now.. i am a happy man !!,....might be because of the beer, also.
jeroen

Date: July 9, 2012 19:25

What's the bonus songs on DVD like??????

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 9, 2012 19:30

Rockman
.and the DVD is definitely region 2?

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Rockman

Mine is Region 0. I can post a confirmatory pic if you want?

FT

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 10, 2012 02:55

flacnvinyl
I couldn't hear a single note from Lefty that was in tune or remotely pleasant. It seemed to me that he was doing a 'me too' routine. He kept getting in the way on stage and musically. Several points were so unbearable that my friends had looks of confusion/disgust on their faces. After hearing such a great first half of the concert, the last part is just a mess in comparison. Lefty should have never been allowed on stage. All the other guests were fun in some way or another.

Seeing Jagger chewing his nails and hearing Keith loud and clear is just a complete joy. Great moments and wonderful to hear it in such excellent sound!

I was fascinated by Lefty Dizz. I'd never even heard of him before, but how the hell does anyone end up playing a right handed guitar upside down (with strings in the normal right-handed order)? I mean, that's just crazy.

I think it's a great video. Having never seen much more than a few bootleg videos, I was floored. In many ways, I found it more interesting and enjoyable than the Texas show - I don't understand why this would be left in the can for three decades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 02:59 by drbryant.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 10, 2012 03:04

By the way the DVD in my Japan CD/DVD/LP set is Japan region.

Date: July 10, 2012 18:46

Just got DVD-cd, awesome awesome sounds mix

Date: July 10, 2012 21:09

Once it's officially out/released can one still pre-order it? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home