Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Axhole apologizes
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 20, 2012 00:47

TheDailyBuzzherd
"There he goes again! A S S hole Rose!"

har har har...a man with more talent in his toe nail than you will ever till the day you die....

Mathijs

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 20, 2012 01:00

Mathijs
TheDailyBuzzherd

har har har...a man with more talent in his toe nail than you will ever till the day you die....

Mathijs

The unfortunate thing of course, is that since he's clipped his toenails, he's been of no use to anyone.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 20, 2012 01:27

Mathijs
TheDailyBuzzherd

Mathijs

Talent?

Oh great, here comes another debate about what talent is.....

Date: April 20, 2012 01:44

Munichhilton
Mathijs
TheDailyBuzzherd

Mathijs

Talent?

Oh great, here comes another debate about what talent is.....

Sure you can debate about talent.. but when you sell 30 odd million records with your first record, kill the entire 80's rock scene, sell 50 million with your second two albums, then do a tour of 200+ gigs with over 50.000 in attendence every gig, play on each and every reward show...

and have a discussion on a Stones board ten years later..

I guess he got some sort of talent. At least more than you and I: we sold zero records in our life time.

When was the last time you said no to a honorary induction?

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-20 01:47 by Mathijs.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 20, 2012 01:54

Mathijs
Sure you can debate about talent.. but when you sell 30 odd million records with your first record, kill the entire 80's rock scene, sell 50 million with your second two albums, then do a tour of 200+ gigs with over 50.000 in attendence every gig, play on each and every reward show...

I guess he got some sort of talent. At least more than you and I: we sold zero records in our life time.

Mathijs
I dont usually say this to you, but thumbs up well put... facts are facts...
I dont even like Axl... but those the facts... and they speak for themselves

There a lot of opinions, but only one set of facts.

Date: April 20, 2012 04:19

Some people just want to hate Axl no mater what he does.. I don't really get where the hatred comes from... GNR recently played a set of club shows.. they hit this area (I could not go) and went on at midnight and played til 3.. sounds pretty cool to me; my friends loved it

but haters going to hate.. if he had shown up and accepted all the same people would say he didn't deserve it or that the rock and roll hall of fame was a joke.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2012 04:22

stoned in washington dc
Some people just want to hate Axl no mater what he does..

Count me in!
The guys a total dickhead...no matter what he does.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 20, 2012 04:59

Some people just want to hate Axl no matter

Gotta pick a side in these things... I picked Slash, I picked correct.
People should turn the negative energy/comments about Axl into positive ones for Slash.

Date: April 20, 2012 06:24

Max'sKansasCity

People should turn the negative energy/comments about Axl into positive ones for Slash.

Slash's leads/solos in Welcome To The Jungle and Paradise City are excellent. Every time I hear them on the radio I always hear something different/new.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 20, 2012 09:14

I love the original GN'R. Seen them twice. Both times, waited atleast two hours till they came on. Then they rocked!!! Izzy is a great guitarist, in my opinion.

Axl is Axl. I kinda like when he got/gets bitchy. He made it exciting being a GN'R, back in the day. Easy top 3 frontmen of all time.

Date: April 20, 2012 16:32

Max'sKansasCity
Mathijs

Mathijs

I think Axl' success was largely based on his ability to keep up and not talent. All the incredible accolades listed above can just as easily be attributed to the talent of an incredible lead and rhythm guitar duo as well as a solid solid rhythm section. The band laid down a hell of a groove. The only point where its hard to listen too is when the 5th member uses his screechy awful voice.

If it was all him, then where are the screaming zillions now? [Split between 3-5 solo acts]

By the way, my mum bought one of my CDs in 1990. And my dad. I think even a brother.

That's 3 more CDs I've sold then you.

Date: April 20, 2012 16:33

Max'sKansasCity

I just did!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 21, 2012 06:57

Max'sKansasCity
Mathijs

Mathijs

the math has me stumped here...i thought opinions were like @#$%& and that everyone had one. But there can be several facts within a set, call them subsets, yes?

So one @#$%& with an opinion can have several facts, all within the same set.

What were we talking about again?

Date: April 21, 2012 18:17

About how Axl didn't sell all those copies, it was Guns'N'Roses the actual band. As of late it's Guns'N'Roses as Axl and selling no where near anything - not even a fart - of what the band Guns'N'Roses sold.

Because it's not actually G'N'R, it's just the name for Axl's solo record band.

U2's last album outsold "G'N'R's" last album.

Date: April 21, 2012 18:50

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
About how Axl didn't sell all those copies, it was Guns'N'Roses the actual band. As of late it's Guns'N'Roses as Axl and selling no where near anything - not even a fart - of what the band Guns'N'Roses sold.

Sure the new GnR isn't selling as many albums as the old GnR -nobody is selling anything near the figures of the early 90's nowadays. And the tours of the new GnR are, how dreadful they may be, sell outs in large stadiums and festivals.

Mathijs

Date: April 21, 2012 23:43

Mathijs
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Sure the new GnR isn't selling as many albums as the old GnR -nobody is selling anything near the figures of the early 90's nowadays. And the tours of the new GnR are, how dreadful they may be, sell outs in large stadiums and festivals.

Mathijs

Because people are only going to hear two songs. Nostalgia sells.

Date: April 22, 2012 00:34

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Mathijs
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Mathijs

actually they play 6 new songs sometimes 7 plus a few covers that aren't on GNR albums like 'dead flowers", "whole lotta rosie", and "riff raff". i guess its easy to include so much when the band is on stage roughly 3 hours and plays 30+ songs a night

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 22, 2012 01:31

I find myself dragged back into this thread, because here are some more facts:

"Guns N' Roses" played the Palace of Auburn Hills, a basketball/concert arena in Metro Detroit last fall. Not even close to a sell out. Black curtains covered the entire upper level of seating.

A few months later, "Guns N' Roses" tried the Detroit market again, playing The Fillmore in downtown Detroit. "They" couldn't even sell out a 3,000 seat theatre.

People in the states have figured this guy out...

Date: April 22, 2012 01:58

Kurt

"Guns N' Roses" played the Palace of Auburn Hills, a basketball/concert arena in Metro Detroit last fall. Not even close to a sell out. Black curtains covered the entire upper level of seating.

A few months later, "Guns N' Roses" tried the Detroit market again, playing The Fillmore in downtown Detroit. "They" couldn't even sell out a 3,000 seat theatre.

looking it up the attemdance for auburn hills was just up 8,000. not sure what is wrong with that?

Date: April 22, 2012 06:21

haters going to hate..

If not selling that many records makes him a bad guy then I guess the Mick and the Stones are all bad people too.... I don't think Super Heavy exactly set the world on fire!

who cares how much GNR's Chinese Democracy sold? Its actually not a bad album.

Date: April 22, 2012 09:03

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Mathijs
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Mathijs

actually they play 6 new songs sometimes 7 plus a few covers that aren't on GNR albums like 'dead flowers", "whole lotta rosie", and "riff raff". i guess its easy to include so much when the band is on stage roughly 3 hours and plays 30+ songs a night

That is moot. The people who go are going to hear Welcome To The Jungle and Paradise City. The rest of it is filler.

Date: April 22, 2012 09:05

stoned in washington dc
haters going to hate..

If not selling that many records makes him a bad guy then I guess the Mick and the Stones are all bad people too.... I don't think Super Heavy exactly set the world on fire!

The sales drip is just salt on the wound of GNR - it's hilarious. You said it's 'actually not a bad album' and you certainly did not say it's a good album.

Date: April 22, 2012 12:39

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stoned in washington dc
haters going to hate..

The sales drip is just salt on the wound of GNR - it's hilarious. You said it's 'actually not a bad album' and you certainly did not say it's a good album.
the new van halen album with DLR is getting great reviews, being called a classic, been 14 years since the last van halen album, 28 years since an album with DLR, availabe at all retail locations, has a huge arena tour supporting it thats selling out yet it hasn't even sold 500k yet. van halen must be dead in the water too with this low sales drip as you call it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-22 12:40 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 22, 2012 14:41

keefriffhard4life
Kurt

looking it up the attemdance for auburn hills was just up 8,000. not sure what is wrong with that?

It holds 23,000.
That's what is wrong with that.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: April 22, 2012 15:25

Munichhilton
That's how he stood on the same stage as him too

Very good point. Is there a better example of a frontman falling apart?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 22, 2012 18:18

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Mathijs
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Mathijs

That is moot. The people who go are going to hear Welcome To The Jungle and Paradise City. The rest of it is filler.
Yeah, I'm sure no one is going to hear Sweet Child O Mine. And I disagree. People wouldn't spend the ticket prices they charge just to hear 3 songs. I also agree people in the US have figured Axl out. Thats why he stays in Europe so much.

Date: April 22, 2012 19:00

RollingFreak
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Mathijs
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Mathijs

Yeah, I'm sure no one is going to hear Sweet Child O Mine. And I disagree. People wouldn't spend the ticket prices they charge just to hear 3 songs. I also agree people in the US have figured Axl out. Thats why he stays in Europe so much.

With Slash not playing that Sweet Child O' Mine lick why bother? It's similar to Mick hiring someone else to play Brown Sugar etc...

Re: OT: Axl apologizes
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 22, 2012 19:05

"With Slash not playing that Sweet Child O' Mine lick why bother? It's similar to Mick hiring someone else to play Brown Sugar etc..."

I don't mind about this (after all G&R covered Mama KIn) BUT the bunch of axemen that surround Axl these have a metronomic style of playing (while Slash had a groovy style). They are spot-on tempo-wise but how bloody boring they are...

Date: April 22, 2012 20:19

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stoned in washington dc
haters going to hate..

the new van halen album with DLR is getting great reviews, being called a classic, been 14 years since the last van halen album, 28 years since an album with DLR, availabe at all retail locations, has a huge arena tour supporting it thats selling out yet it hasn't even sold 500k yet. van halen must be dead in the water too with this low sales drip as you call it

You're not saying anything new. Record sales overall have declined, not just physical record sales. Chinese Democracy, had it been the real G'N'R, probably would have sold more copies because of all the hype it had pre-release. But there was plenty of news on how it wasn't G'N'R.

Perhaps part of the problem with new releases is the price. You can pick up Van Halen for (with tax) $7.20, while A Different Kind Of Truth is over $14.

Re: OT: Axl apologizes
Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 22, 2012 21:12

G&R are not worthy hall of famers!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home