Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are there any Stones radio programs?
Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 13, 2012 16:42

I noticed someone mentioned "Breakfast with the Beatles." And my local summer station runs a weekly show "Just Four Guys" - another Beatles program. Are there any Stones' radio programs? If not - anyone out there in radio production land who can get one started???
Cheers and TGIF!smoking smiley

Re: Are there any Stones radio programs?
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 13, 2012 16:54

memphiscats,did you try to make a research on iorr by using the "search" button ?

I am pretty sure that one or two months ago ,someone had posted a link of a Stones radio program.
I can't recall if it was an English or American one though.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 13, 2012 17:35

Thanks, Sway. I did try to search but I came up with entries regarding programs that had Stones-oriented "occasional" info but no Stones-specific standing radio shows.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 17:43

I received a gift of a WiFi radio which I am starting to appreciate. You can get lost searching streaming radio stations from around the world (and I mean around the world). There is a Rolling Stones station, a number of Beatles stations, a Marley station (which disappeared)...etc. I had a wonderful Cajun station, but that went off line as well. We vacation on Kauai and can pick up KKCR out of Hanalei. This may not answer your question, but I have been listening to the Rolling Stones station. It is one of my presets. No commercials, too.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 13, 2012 17:53

Ronnie Wood has a radio show.

Date: April 13, 2012 17:55

That's cool. Is this similar to an HD radio? And/or like Sirius?

Date: April 13, 2012 18:11

Siruis was great !
Does it still work ?
I used to have an account there but when my e-mail adres changed ,I forgot to tell them ,so now I cannot log anymore :-(

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 13, 2012 18:23

This is usually reliable, and it kicks butt, but I couldn't get on this morning:

[tunein.com];

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 13, 2012 18:27

Edith Grove
This is usually reliable, and it kicks butt, but I couldn't get on this morning:

[tunein.com];

Ouch!!!... some guy cussing at me in a foriegn language....Sasquatch Vadania!!!!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 13, 2012 18:27

winking smiley

Date: April 13, 2012 18:34

Edith Grove

[tunein.com];

Cool EG !smiling smiley

I am wondering if my father could understand it .
Bulgarian isn't far from russian language .
A least , proudmary will get it for sure.
I am gonna to e-mail her .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 13, 2012 19:56

memphiscats
That's cool. Is this similar to an HD radio? And/or like Sirius?

No idea. Here is the link: [www.ronniewoodradio.com]

Date: April 13, 2012 20:03

Thanks guys! I checked out the Moscow station - I couldn't stream it - but I'll keep trying. And I did check out Ronnie's station.

Still think there should be an internationally syndicated Stones program!

Cheerios smoking smiley

Date: April 14, 2012 01:52

So, Sway - you like Sirius? I'm test-driving the 10-day free trial. It's expensive so I'm not sure if I'll go with the service. I was listening to a channel (Spectrum) and the DJ played a Stones song and was talking about the 2013 tour (nothing new - he was quoting Ronnie but still it was good to hear someone talking about it).

I can't believe they have a Springsteen 24/7 station and stations devoted to Elton John, Pearl Jam, and the DEAD... but NO STONES!!

What's the world coming to??smoking smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:50

memphiscats
So, Sway - you like Sirius? I'm test-driving the 10-day free trial. It's expensive so I'm not sure if I'll go with the service. I was listening to a channel (Spectrum) and the DJ played a Stones song and was talking about the 2013 tour (nothing new - he was quoting Ronnie but still it was good to hear someone talking about it).

I can't believe they have a Springsteen 24/7 station and stations devoted to Elton John, Pearl Jam, and the DEAD... but NO STONES!!

What's the world coming to??smoking smiley

I have a free three month trial that came with my new car and am underwhelmed. I at least thought I'd get Howard Stern free for three months—I don't admire the guy but he can be funny—but that costs extra! I'm a very mild Dead fan, but even their station is usually playing some anemic live recording that I quickly switch from. (I'd love to hear the studio B-side of Terrapin Station...not yet.) A real let down.

Posted by: hotspot3000 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 16:02

Here is a Link to stones radio show made in melbourne australia.
It's just a bit of fun really. Cut and paste it probably best.

stonesradio.podomatic.com

Terry

Date: April 30, 2012 17:07

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out after I've justified working for at least 20 minutes!

I agree with you Title5 - I listened to Sirus for a few days but it was didn't do the trick. I have friends who love it but they get it for their businesses so they can write off the expense. The bar we hang out in has it on - and the tunes are pretty good but nothing compared to your own record collection. smoking smiley

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: April 30, 2012 22:58

This one is sort of weird - tends to play the song a second time..

[rollingstonesradio.com]

Date: April 30, 2012 23:49

Thanks I just got onto it! Yippee. smoking smiley

Posted by: robbertnice ()
Date: May 1, 2012 10:10

Interestin radio programma on the Stones:

Gé's Theme Time Radio for RTi Hilversum on Undercover, Originals and covers played by the Stones (1 hour)
Het Ochtendhumeur on the same subject, very interesting with music you might never have heard at Amsterdam FM (2 hours)

Listen back at [www.gerardslinkert.nl]

By the way the language is Dutch, the music is great

Cheers, Gerard

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home