Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie to instigate a Faces reunion with Rod?
Posted by: R ()
Date: April 7, 2012 16:57

I hate to say but I don't think we'll be seeing the Stones next year either or, if we do, it won't be but as a one-off Pay-Per-View or some such thing. The days of the live shows really appear to be over, for all of the reasons we have discussed.

IN THE MEANTIME it appears Ronnie Wood is happily working in a variety of venues including the Faces book and R+R Hall of Fame appearance. The latter sometimes begets full-blown reunion tours.

Could it be, with no Stones work ahead of him, a newly healthy and clearheaded Ronnie might be priming the pump for just such a reunion tour? It wouldn't be the Stones but it would be a helluva lotta fun. Surely he learned something in all of those years with the Stones business behometh.

Re: Ronnie to instigate a Faces reunion with Rod?
Date: April 7, 2012 17:25

The Faces will be inducted into HOF, so yes it makes sense and all, but I feel Rod missed the boat as far as momentum goes. They already got a good roll going, and are getting pretty good with the red haired guy and Matlock.

Bring back Tetsu!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-07 17:25 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 7, 2012 19:44

It would have been nice, but Rod sold his soul in '76 and never looked back. Too bad. Sadly, also, Rod no longer has the pipes. I'm afraid this is one we can't go back to.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 7, 2012 20:13

Funny thing - I heard Maggie Mae on the way to the beach today and although simplistic in nature, Ronnie's solo in that classic is moving! I'm all for the reuunion if they stick to their sound of the 70s.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 7, 2012 20:17

Chris Fountain
Funny thing - I heard Maggie Mae on the way to the beach today and although simplistic in nature, Ronnie's solo in that classic is moving! I'm all for the reuunion if they stick to their sound of the 70s.

One of the greatest solos on a rock record ever...

Date: April 7, 2012 20:21

71Tele
Chris Fountain

I actually saw them in concert in a tiny venue in Offenheimer Germany (Frankfurt) back in circa 1973? Ronnie used a cool lookin silver guitar, which leads to this question. Did he ever use that particular guitar with the Stones? It was an awesome sound. 71Tele I figure you would know the make and model -

Date: April 7, 2012 20:34

Chris Fountain
71Tele
Chris Fountain

I actually saw them in concert in a tiny venue in Offenheimer Germany (Frankfurt) back in circa 1973? Ronnie used a cool lookin silver guitar, which leads to this question. Did he ever use that particular guitar with the Stones? It was an awesome sound. 71Tele I figure you would know the make and model -

Are you talking about the Zemaitis guitar? I believe he has used that with the Stones, yes.

Date: April 7, 2012 20:37

That guitar deserves it's own place in Cleveland!

Date: April 7, 2012 20:40

Date: April 7, 2012 20:43

Date: April 7, 2012 20:45

Wait a minute - I thought the guitar was completely silver. Are these the true colors or are we talkin different guitars? Maybe the lighting in pics, or concerts distorts the colors - ?

Date: April 7, 2012 20:54

Thanks - it's the one on the right

Date: April 7, 2012 21:10

Maybe Chris is referring to the one with the mirror chips. The one that got stolen Let me look for a pic.

This one?

by Henry Diltz, via withSssoul, via Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-07 21:21 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: April 7, 2012 21:37

Palace -Thanks - not that one either

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: April 7, 2012 22:46

Probably this one:

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: April 7, 2012 22:56

R

IN THE MEANTIME it appears Ronnie Wood is happily working in a variety of venues including the Faces book and R+R Hall of Fame appearance. The latter sometimes begets full-blown reunion tours.

Could it be, with no Stones work ahead of him, a newly healthy and clearheaded Ronnie might be priming the pump for just such a reunion tour?

(Posted on IORR March 31: )

Ronnie starts rehearsals soon for his Hall of Fame induction set with Rod
and the Faces.

"It could be just the one night, and we all punch each other up afterwards,"
Stewart said. "Or it could go on forever.
Well, it won't go on forever. But let's
see how it goes."

"We all would love to do a bit more," Wood said. "With everybody's other
commitments, we just take one gig at a time. We'll just see how it goes with that
one. Maybe it will spur us to do more gigs."

There is only a small gap between the Hall of Fame gig and the Atlantic City gig.
Is it unreasonable to speculate about the Atlantic City show turning into a
"surprise" Faces show?

[www.cleveland.com]

(Faces reunion tour with Rod a sure thing at this point, something Rod has
previously stated he would not do until the Stones were over as a touring
act. Well, now, by their own admission, the Stones are over as a touring
act. The MOST they are considering is a limited run in a few major cities.
That won't happen either. They'll still exist as a recording act for a
while, and they'll get together for one, or maybe a few special small shows,
but that's it. )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-07 23:23 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 9, 2012 23:53

So, tomorrow is the gig....

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 10, 2012 00:01

I think Rod could pull it off if he wanted to, he just doesn't see that eager.
He's always complained that the Faces only had one big record (Stay With Me), so what's the point? I think it's because if he did do it, the Faces could only fill small theaters, not arenas, and I have a feeling Rod doesn't want to play those places.
I think he's still playing arenas.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 10, 2012 00:05

tomk
He's always complained that the Faces only had one big record (Stay With Me), so what's the point? I think it's because if he did do it, the Faces could only fill small theaters, not arenas, and I have a feeling Rod doesn't want to play those places.

Man, I would think with the proper marketing they could fill arenas. Just play the music and remind people of all those killer ROCK AND ROLL songs (NOT ballads).... ROD AND RONNIE ROCKING TOGETHER AGAIN, it could be huge and it could be a boat load of fun. I would love to see that show.

Dang... how can it be April 10th 2012 already?

Date: April 10, 2012 04:27

Max'sKansasCity
tomk

Man, I would think with the proper marketing they could fill arenas. Just play the music and remind people of all those killer ROCK AND ROLL songs (NOT ballads).... ROD AND RONNIE ROCKING TOGETHER AGAIN, it could be huge and it could be a boat load of fun. I would love to see that show.

Dang... how can it be April 10th 2012 already?

I'd love it too. But The Faces filling arenas? It ain't happening.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 10, 2012 08:08

let them come to the blues festival in Peer, just before BB King

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-10 08:10 by Harm.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: April 10, 2012 11:24

I saw Ronnie do Stay With Me and Maggie May in Hyde Park, London, in 2011. Ronnie's Maggie May guitar solo was brilliant, as was his rocking rhythm guitar part in Stay With Me. For me that was a Faces moment, if they never have a renuion then that will do me - but if they do then I think we can be sure it will be a good one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-10 11:25 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 10, 2012 11:32

Ronnie had a pretty unique sound to my ears.

He often sounded like he was playing with plastic strings - that's sounds like it sould be a horrible sound, it was the opposite, hard to decribe but that's as close as I can get.

Like that sound on Hey Negritta.

It's a good sound.

Don't know how he did it.

Not much treble in it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home