Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
who's the most clever member?
Posted by: gilles ()
Date: April 6, 2012 13:06

IQ of Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie..??

Mick seems the most clever ?

he was ripped off by crooks at the beginning but now he knows how to manage his bizness...

Quel est le Stones le plus intelligent?
Mick non?
Apres s'etre fait baiser par des véreux au debut de sa carrière; il a bien retenu la leçon semble t-il??

Re: who's the most clever member?
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 6, 2012 13:17

I think Keith is the most well-read.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 6, 2012 13:40

Mick, without question.

Date: April 6, 2012 13:56

yes Mick is very wise;
starting from a bad boy reputation he reached to be knighted...
(also it's true he made UK earn a lot of money...)
& he @#$%& top-models at the right age, not too late...

maybe one of his rare big mistakes was marrying Bianca?

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: April 6, 2012 14:04

gilles
yes Mick is very wise;
starting from a bad boy reputation he reached to be knighted...
(also it's true he made UK earn a lot of money...)
& he @#$%& top-models at the right age, not too late...

maybe one of his rare big mistakes was marrying Bianca?

Bianca was te smartest woman Mick ever had. Being knigted dosent reall ysay anything about Mick - it only speaks volumes about the society has changed.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 6, 2012 14:55

Of course an impossible question to answer. But if they ever have attended an IQ-test together the result might have been something like this (just speculating...):

1. Brian 130
2. Mick 127
3. Bill 118
4. Keith 115
5. Charlie 111
6. Mick T 107
7. Ronnie 105

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 6, 2012 16:30

Charlie, obviously.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 16:41

Keith is extremely well-read and way more intelligent than his "image" leads many to believe. Of course, despite his intelligence, he often appears less than articulate due to the long-term effects of booze, non-stop smoking, drugs, etc. It's often hard to understand what the hell he's saying.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 17:16

Koen
Charlie, obviously.

Agreed , he keeps his mouth shut . Always a good idea !

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 6, 2012 17:18

Stoneage
Of course an impossible question to answer. But if they ever have attended an IQ-test together the result might have been something like this (just speculating...):

1. Brian 130
2. Mick 127
3. Bill 118
4. Keith 115
5. Charlie 111
6. Mick T 107
7. Ronnie 105

Nonsense

Ronnie's a 145 if he's a 2

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 6, 2012 17:22

Intelligence & clever are 2 different things. I would say that Mick is probably the most clever with Charlie as a close second and Keith third.

However, intelligence is measured in many different ways and people have varying degrees of it. Intelligence is definitely a three-way tie between Mick, Keith, and Charlie...smoking smiley

Date: April 6, 2012 18:32

I was a bit mean with the points so I'll upgrade it to:

1. Brian 135
2. Mick 130
3. Bill 122
4. Keith 120
5. Charlie 118
6. Mick T 117
7. Ronnie 116

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 6, 2012 19:55

In 1971 Keith called Bill "crafty" for pretending to get car sickness in the early days so he could always sit in the front of the van.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 6, 2012 20:02

Mick, by far. Not even a contest. Next would be Charlie, then Bill.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 6, 2012 20:35

Isnt the real question who has the biggest cleaver?

Careful with that ax Eugene

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 6, 2012 20:53

Stoneage

1. Brian 130
2. Mick 127
3. Bill 118
4. Keith 115
5. Charlie 111
6. Mick T 107
7. Ronnie 105

Didn't Mick Taylor once point out some flaws in a contract where they could get financially screwed? And he was like 20 or 21 or something, and the others hadn't even seen it.

Date: April 6, 2012 22:03

loog droog
Didn't Mick Taylor once point out some flaws in a contract where they could get financially screwed? And he was like 20 or 21 or something, and the others hadn't even seen it.

Did he? Well then I'll have to lower his score because then he's down to the lawyer level which is significantly lower!

Posted by: musicalchemist ()
Date: April 7, 2012 00:30

Let's see:

Re: who's the most clever member? new
Date: April 6, 2012 14:55

1. Brian 130
2. Mick 127
3. Bill 118
4. Keith 115
5. Charlie 111
6. Mick T 107
7. Ronnie 105

Let's see Brian got them Rolling. If you ever have started any endeavour, you know how hard it is get get it into a viable concern. He was the one who gave them the reputation of Sex & Drugs. Mick & Keith hadn't even got laid and Brian had already two kids by tow different women.

Mick went from an awkward singer to "The Poster Boy" for the Band to SIR MICK. Not too shabby. Also didn't he find Prince Rupert after he found ABKO, who robbed them blind. Let's see you go from owning all your own masters (excellent idea) and sell them for instant wealth ...Hun! Bedazzled yes.

Bill according to his book got laid the most. As a young man that was high on my list of things for me to do. Of all the Band members, he probably got the most benefit for the least amount of effort. Remember Keith would often over dub his bass parts. It's Keith, not Bill who plays with John Lennon at the Rock 'n' Roll Circus. He was smarten enough to retire while he still had lots "energy" to make his schedule his own. See Keith battle Mick on touring. See Mick batttle Keith on touring. See Bill do what ever the Fuc* he wants.

Charlie for always fitting in and giving them the proper nudges, when they were needed. Also a snappy dresser.

Mick Taylor for not dying of drug overdoses when hanging out with Keith. For leaving when the Band was at an all time high point. Deduct a lot of points for leaving a "dream gig" and not figuring out to stay in the band as himself and still keep him self true to his muse. As an Old Boss once told me "Kountz .. all that glitters is not gold!"

Ronnie ..who is the all around and all time, everyone's best friend. Even the meanest dog in his neighbourhood won't bite him. If he lived in Sanford, Fl and wore a hoodie, not only would George Zimmerman NOT SHOT HIM, but would have taken him to the local bar, bought all the drinks and taken him home and let Ronnie @#$%& his wife and then given him $100 buck for a cab ride home. And Zimmerman would have felt that he got the best end of the lollipop. Not too bad for a snappy dresser.

You got to hand it to the Stones, they called themselves the "World Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band". It stuck whether or not you have ever agreed with it. Got the rep for being the baddest boys in town and made themselves one of the longest lived and richest bands in the world.

Hey It's Only Rock 'n' Roll but I like it!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 7, 2012 01:31

memphiscats
Intelligence & clever are 2 different things. I would say that Mick is probably the most clever with Charlie as a close second and Keith third.

However, intelligence is measured in many different ways and people have varying degrees of it. Intelligence is definitely a three-way tie between Mick, Keith, and Charlie...smoking smiley

Agree with memphiscats.

"Clever," to me, is akin to being mentally agile or quick-witted (Charlie; used to be Keith; Mick to some degree)

"Shrewd" -- the ability to spot and zoom in on opportunities (Mick hands-down)

"Intelligent" -- the capacity to acquire and apply knowledge--generally superior mental abilities (Charlie/Keith/Mick--possibly in that order)

But as memphiscats says, there are so many different types of intelligence -- not apples to apples -- emotional, social, sheer cognitive ability, creative, technical, etc.

------------------------

And stoneage-----where the heck do those numbers come from? they're so precise grinning smiley

-swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-07 01:32 by swiss.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: April 7, 2012 04:30

swiss
memphiscats

Agree with memphiscats.

"Clever," to me, is akin to being mentally agile or quick-witted (Charlie; used to be Keith; Mick to some degree)

"Shrewd" -- the ability to spot and zoom in on opportunities (Mick hands-down)

"Intelligent" -- the capacity to acquire and apply knowledge--generally superior mental abilities (Charlie/Keith/Mick--possibly in that order)

But as memphiscats says, there are so many different types of intelligence -- not apples to apples -- emotional, social, sheer cognitive ability, creative, technical, etc.

------------------------

And stoneage-----where the heck do those numbers come from? they're so precise grinning smiley

-swiss

Maybe Mick, Keith, Charlie - in that order, by what others say about their knowledge

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 8, 2012 19:05

gilles
Cet "enfoiré" de Bill a sur être assez intelligent pour se taper un max de gonzesses avant que des cons (venus d'où? de descendants de massacreurs d'Indiens voulant se donner bonne conscience??) n'inventent le politiquement correct...

For the non French native and especially for the Americans from this board-no doubt they 're gonna appreciate :-(
here is an attempt to translate what was written above by Gilles .
Enjoy !

I quote :
<< Bill -Wyman I guess- was a bastard but clever enough to screw a slam bang chicks ,just in time before @#$%& - who came from nowhere , descendants of Indians' slaughters that ,willing to get unflagging conscience - invented the "politically correctness " <<

What the hell man ? confused smiley

Not fair enough to write in French something about another people ,knowing they won't get it .
Your post should be reported .

Edited for mispellings

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-09 13:03 by SwayStones.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 8, 2012 20:07

Personally I think kleermaker is the most clever member, followed by swiss. Not so strange that an ex-member mixed them up. He was clever too, but not clever enough.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: April 8, 2012 20:14

Eventually we all face the day when our age and IQ meet. In my case last year 56. Its all downhill from here.
Ce la vie.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 9, 2012 05:43

Mick and Keith are probably each 160+

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 9, 2012 05:49

Stonestod. Period.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 9, 2012 11:31

Brian wasnt clever but intelligent

Bill
Mick
Charlie

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 9, 2012 19:09

They are all clever in their own way.Middle class Mick and his love of making money and getting the best deal for himself and the band.Keith maybe the most read and probably Joe Average like most of us when it comes to being clever.Ronnie and Charlie about the same as most of us and know when they are on to a good thing.......................and don't wan't to lose it.Ronnie probably not much of a business man 'cos he lost a lot on ventures in the past,but when you got millions and a sought after artist,why worry.Pay someone else to make a god deal. smoking smiley

Date: April 13, 2012 17:57

tu oublies les points d'interrogation...
ça c'est malhonnête...

je me pose une question, je ne 'ai pas le droit?

j'envie Bill en tout cas

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 13, 2012 19:05

gilles
tu oublies les points d'interrogation...
ça c'est malhonnête...

je me pose une question, je ne 'ai pas le droit?

j'envie Bill en tout cas

Why didn't you tranlate in English your post above ?
What is UNFAIR -and I am sure you know it - is to mix and to take benefit of your political ideas to post something that has nothing to do with the initial thread :-(

T'as tous les droits mon grand but yours "?" sucks .

I quote YOU

just in time before @#$%& - who came from nowhere , descendants of Indians' slaughters that ,willing to get unflagging conscience - invented the "politically correctness <<

This is an insult you made to Americans , the board censored your " CONS" that is to say if I translate it from French :
a ssholes,b astards or whatever insults.

If you have some guts,Gilles, and if -what I doubt - you 're good in English,please make a better translation of what you wrote above .

BE FAIR AND HAVE SOME GUTS .
Cheers
AL

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-13 19:08 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Tim2 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 19:26

Charlie is extremely sharp and smart and I always found his point of views more interesting, accurate or funnier, than other members'. But has it to do w/ cleverness?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home