Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No Spare Parts Slide Intro...
Posted by: berlinjive ()
Date: May 18, 2020 16:29

Anyone know what guitar could have been used? It's definitely not lap steel. It's Woody playing what sounds like to me, a P-90 neck pickup with a glass slide.

For many years i've had a Framus E-12 i keep strung minus the 2 unison plains & G octave. Sounds great with only E-A-D as double course. Sounds like this to me.

On the early boot it runs thru the whole song... for official track: intro & then it's mostly gone.

Are there any Stones electric 12-string songs from around this time?

Thanks

Re: No Spare Parts Slide Intro...
Date: May 18, 2020 16:31

berlinjive
Anyone know what guitar could have been used? It's definitely not lap steel. It's Woody playing what sounds like to me, a P-90 neck pickup with a glass slide.

For many years i've had a Framus E-12 i keep strung minus the 2 unison plains & G octave. Sounds great with only E-A-D as double course. Sounds like this to me.

On the early boot it runs thru the whole song... for official track: intro & then it's mostly gone.

Thanks

Sounds like Ronnie plays a standard tuned Strat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-18 16:31 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 18, 2020 18:00

DandelionPowderman
berlinjive

Thanks

Sounds like Ronnie plays a standard tuned Strat.

Yes, with a brass slide.

Mathijs

Posted by: berlinjive ()
Date: May 18, 2020 21:48

Really? What pickup position is that? I don't play Stratocaster. What is that double-tone thing i hear? Seems like i hear at least the strings & the amped sound together but that's nuts. Harmonics? Overtone? 2-4 position oddity?

I first noticed it on the 2011 version intro and around 3:44-45.
Then i listened to the 1st version and heard also 2:12,16,20 and 3:20,29,47 & 5:11...

The only Fender I'm really familiar with is my 70s japanese lawsuit telecaster.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 19, 2020 12:18

berlinjive
Really? What pickup position is that? I don't play Stratocaster. What is that double-tone thing i hear? Seems like i hear at least the strings & the amped sound together but that's nuts. Harmonics? Overtone? 2-4 position oddity?

I first noticed it on the 2011 version intro and around 3:44-45.
Then i listened to the 1st version and heard also 2:12,16,20 and 3:20,29,47 & 5:11...

The only Fender I'm really familiar with is my 70s japanese lawsuit telecaster.

Second position, bridge and middle pickup.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home