Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No Security price jump
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 10:17

Did copies of No Security become scarce overnight? Did somebody burn a stack? I bought one for less than $10 a few weeks ago, the Amazon price used to be pretty damn low too. About $9.99 a week or so ago.

Today?

$17.75!!

Almost overnight

No Security

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-19 10:17 by NoCode0680.

Re: No Security price jump
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 19, 2012 10:27

Hmm £12.50 from Amazon UK - compared with £6.25 for Live Licks.preferences aside seems odd.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 19, 2012 10:45

Oakland 99 is on its way... Or Bremen 98 winking smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 19, 2012 12:06

For some reason it wasn't reissued along with the rest of the back catalogue when the Stones transferred from Virgin/EMI to Universal so officially, it's no longer available. This might explain the price hike.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 19, 2012 13:51

Wonder if it will make Jap SACD?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 19, 2012 14:53

Love to see the DVD of this tour. Wasn't the last show filmed?

Date: March 19, 2012 15:13

San Jose was supposedly going to be a DVD release, but then i remember when it was going to be the third and fourth show of the tour, that didn't happen either.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: March 19, 2012 15:26

I don't know anything about a price jump, but I luckily have my original copy I purchaed back in 98. Incidentally, I do recall that the San Jose shows were rumored to have been pro shot for a potential dvd release, though I am not sure if that actually happened or not. Still, I loved this tour and would be grateful for either a legit cd or dvd document of one of the performances. While it may not be the BEST tour of the last 20 years, it's probably the only tour of the post-Wyman era where the Stones simply delivered a lean, mean, no-frills rock and roll show.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2012 16:01

I find that Amazon prices are usually all over the map, rising and dropping all the time. Especially when you compare their stores in different jurisdictions. There often is no rhyme or reason to it.

Often I'll buy a UK listed item because it will be significantly cheaper even when you factor in shipping to North America.

Date: March 19, 2012 16:08

True I bought a CD for £15 off Amazon once. There were two copies, the other was £150.

Date: March 19, 2012 16:15

The GR
True I bought a CD for £15 off Amazon once. There were two copies, the other was £150.

You messed up! The £150 copy is WAY more valuable!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 19, 2012 16:40

$3.99 w/free shipping on [www.ebay.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 19, 2012 16:43

...and all the related NoSecirity crap too [www.ebay.com]

Date: March 19, 2012 16:55

Max'sKansasCity

Look at the vinyl copies though!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 17:07

Mick said he put that couple on the cover because they looked insecure. Thus "No Security." I wonder if the couple ever read Mick's reasoning?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-19 17:09 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 19, 2012 18:36

There's a lot of good quality No Security full song clips on YouTube, so somebody was filming it and it should be a viable candidate for a DVD release. I certainly can't think of a better tour in the Post-Wyman era. I don't think we'll ever hear Charlie or Keith sound as good again as they did on No Security. The energy level will never be that high again. The weird thing is that they released the ersatz No Security CD that was in actuality cuts from the BTB tour. It would now be confusing to release something like the Oakland '99 show as a download and call it No Security, which is what it should be called.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: March 20, 2012 01:11

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity

Look at the vinyl copies though!

I do...every day. If anybody's got an extra wanting a reasonable price, send it my way.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 20, 2012 01:25

24FPS
There's a lot of good quality No Security full song clips on YouTube, so somebody was filming it and it should be a viable candidate for a DVD release. I certainly can't think of a better tour in the Post-Wyman era. I don't think we'll ever hear Charlie or Keith sound as good again as they did on No Security. The energy level will never be that high again. The weird thing is that they released the ersatz No Security CD that was in actuality cuts from the BTB tour. It would now be confusing to release something like the Oakland '99 show as a download and call it No Security, which is what it should be called.

+1

But regarding your first line...most of the material floating around from this tour is mostly audience shot (a lot of great quality videos, in fact) don't think I saw much professional shot stuff circulating. A few songs were captured from the April shows in Chicago for the Chris Evans Interview special...can't recall any more besides that.

What are the odds of them releasing a '99 show through the archive site? If they had to honestly pick 1 show from the post-89 era....I would hope they would go with either 95 or 99...both years containing a few club shows to choose from.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 20, 2012 01:26

The "No Security" tour wrapped up the final era of the Stones as a true working band. They were very busy and fairly prolific from the VL sessions of '93 up until the No Security tour finished.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 20, 2012 02:36

wasn't the "Bridges to Babylon" Live DVD basically the same tour?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 20, 2012 03:07

big4
The "No Security" tour wrapped up the final era of the Stones as a true working band. They were very busy and fairly prolific from the VL sessions of '93 up until the No Security tour finished.

40 Licks was a great tour. Lots of gems unleashed for the first time. Keith still playing well, and three different types of shows.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 20, 2012 07:48

Lynd8

I saw both and BTB was a bloated football stadium affair compared to the tight, no frills arena shows of No Security. There was some song overlap from BTB, Saint of Me/Out of Control, but there seemed to be less obvious cuts being played on No Security. There were no giant clanking bridges to the B-Stage, or fire shooting into the sky, but the music was great. Charlie seemed very powerful on that tour and the band was red hot from constant touring. What they should have done at the end of No Security was head into the studio, like they used to, and get some great sounds on record while they still all had their road chops. Instead they all went home until 2002. That's how we got the likes of Don't Stop.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 20, 2012 13:23

Exactly my opinion 24FPS, they could have done great recordings in 1999. In 2002 they became a nostalgia act.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 20, 2012 13:43

I bought mine for £9 from amazon.co.uk a while ago.

I like it as a live album.

Date: March 20, 2012 16:23

tomcasagranda
I bought mine for £9 from amazon.co.uk a while ago.

I like it as a live album.

I prefer it as a studio album, but they're REALLY hard to find.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 20, 2012 20:44

Lynd8

no, no security cd was from th btb tour, then they went on the no security tour wich was way better than th b2b tour

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 21, 2012 15:47

treaclefingers
I find that Amazon prices are usually all over the map, rising and dropping all the time. Especially when you compare their stores in different jurisdictions. There often is no rhyme or reason to it.

Often I'll buy a UK listed item because it will be significantly cheaper even when you factor in shipping to North America.

I agree. I've seen prices on some cd's go from $154 to $30 and back. I've seen some go from $17 to $1 and change and then back up. It's very bizarre the way Amazon works. I guess you have to try and catch the deals as they happen. I keep everything in my saved for later portion of my cart and then whenever I go back in there I can see the movement in the pricing......

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 21, 2012 16:09

Hmm... I recall NO SECURITY tour eing a ticket price jump. Since it was 'more intimate', an arena tour, the avarage ticket was justified to cost more than a 'normal' stadium ticket. But then when they got back to stadiums, the tickets were stuck to that arena level... Or something like that. I think we had some yaers ago discussion of this, and I recall Gazza saying something detailed about it.

- Doxa

Date: March 21, 2012 17:36

They tested putting up prices for the MSG shows in 98, I was part of that experiment I guess.

Date: March 22, 2012 01:35

Lynd8

No. It was the SAME tour. The Bridges To Babylon tour. No other tour.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home