Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Stones won't tour Anymore
Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:27

And it's ok.

The real fans do have every concert and studio-outtake by now.

Just let it be.

It was good.

Re: The Stones won't tour Anymore
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:35

keefbajaga
And it's ok.

Just let it be.

It was good.

I can live without another tour, but I can't live without at least one final farewell concert with at least Bill Wyman, and if possible, Mick Taylor.

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:36

well stonescrow, grow up!

everything is going by, and nothing will last

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:42

All things must pass

Date: March 15, 2012 04:44

keefbajaga

Not only have I grown up, I have grown old. So I know of what you speak. Nothing like going out in a blaze of glory though. The Stones have at least one more great live performance in them. It shall come to pass.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:45

predictions predictions... seems to be what IORR does best.

There doesnt have to be a blaze of glory, there doesnt have to be an end at all... there doesnt have to be a big tour......

How about they just slow it down a lil... and keep going on until one of them dies... keep doing smaller shows and PPVing every one them..... stream them online so fans can watch... do a small show.... maybe unplugged.... sell 1000 people (1%ers) tickets for $65,000 to see it live and.... sell a trillion people tickets for $5.00 to watch/record online... or something.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 04:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:52

stonescrow
keefbajaga

Not only have I grown up, I have grown old. So I know of what you speak. Nothing like going out in a blaze of glory though. The Stones have at least one more great live performance in them. It shall come to pass.

What do we know what they have still in them? Or do you know more? Just curious.

Date: March 15, 2012 04:56

So they're a...done deal? Has the deal turned?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:10

Thanks for letting us know. Does that mean an end to tour speculation threads? Unfortunately probably not.

Date: March 15, 2012 05:11

alimente
stonescrow
keefbajaga

What do we know what they have still in them? Or do you know more? Just curious.

They certainly have at least one last great live performance in them, however, it is highly likely they will do more than one show next year. Of course there are no guarantees in life, but as things stand today they should be able to whip themselves into shape by 2013 for at least a few gigs. Does Keith sound like a man that is defeated or is on the verge of calling it quits? If he is, he has certainly fooled me. Everything is going to be fine.

Date: March 15, 2012 05:15

Max'sKansasCity

There doesnt have to be a blaze of glory, there doesnt have to be an end at all... there doesnt have to be a big tour......

How about they just slow it down a lil... and keep going on until one of them dies... keep doing smaller shows and PPVing every one them..... stream them online so fans can watch... do a small show.... maybe unplugged.... sell 1000 people (1%ers) tickets for $65,000 to see it live and.... sell a trillion people tickets for $5.00 to watch/record online... or something.

Yep, let the fans come to them instead of a huge tour. This is what I suggested quite a while ago. They can control the environment and do a series of shows in one or two venues instead of lugging themselves and all that crap all over the world, which frankly I just don't see them having any appetite for any more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 05:39 by 71Tele.

Date: March 15, 2012 05:22

Max'sKansasCity

What you have said here is probably ultimately going to be the way it goes down. Either way is cool with me.

Date: March 15, 2012 06:36

stonescrow
Max'sKansasCity

What you have said here is probably ultimately going to be the way it goes down. Either way is cool with me.

Thinking about this.... after I posted it.... I think it would be fun to watch some smaller accoustic shows... maybe where can they talk and tell some stories (offering subtitles so we can understand what the hell Keef just said).... show some clips.... then play a tune.... Mick on Harmonica... Keith on accoustic (not posing, just playin) Ronnie on Slide...and good ole Chalrie playing his Charlie style drums..... oh yeah...

I just dont want it to end... not yet. No one wants to get old.... but that is a side effect of living too long..... so I guess.... good job on those of us who have stuck around this stupid planet... So anyway.... If they can find a fun way to make a bunch of money performing then they will do it... Maybe do a "one man show type of deal, like Gregory Peck did....except not just one man...

Gregory Peck - 1995
Began performing a one-man show of anecdotes and film clips from his career, "An Evening with Gregory Peck" (originally entitled "A Conversation with Gregory Peck" ); TNT has completed an untitled documentary about these shows, written by daughter Cecilia Peck; Mary Badham, who played Scout in "To Kill a Mockingbird", came to a 1995 show in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and the two reenacted a "Mockingbird" scene together; retired the production in February 2000.

Maybe they need to lower the ego level, stop the elbowing insults... and understand that we are all in this together, us and them... we like them...and they seem to like us (at least our money winking smiley )

They could do an intimate thing, stream it online.... maybe allow questions from the internet.... play some accoustic stuff...... bring in some guests..... bring in Wyman and Taylor.... tell some stories... have some fun... makes some money.

It wont be a big ass rock and fkn roll show... but at some point even I have to admit its allright now to not expect a 70 year old man to be raging Jumping Jack Flash... they have done that... they own it... it was awesome...

and that is OK.... its alright... now.... in fact is a....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 06:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 15, 2012 07:10

Max'sKansasCity
stonescrow
Max'sKansasCity

Thinking about this.... after I posted it.... I think it would be fun to watch some smaller accoustic shows... maybe where can they talk and tell some stories (offering subtitles so we can understand what the hell Keef just said).... show some clips.... then play a tune.... Mick on Harmonica... Keith on accoustic (not posing, just playin) Ronnie on Slide...and good ole Chalrie playing his Charlie style drums..... oh yeah...

I just dont want it to end... not yet. No one wants to get old.... but that is a side effect of living too long..... so I guess.... good job on those of us who have stuck around this stupid planet... So anyway.... If they can find a fun way to make a bunch of money performing then they will do it... Maybe do a "one man show type of deal, like Gregory Peck did....except not just one man...

Gregory Peck - 1995
Began performing a one-man show of anecdotes and film clips from his career, "An Evening with Gregory Peck" (originally entitled "A Conversation with Gregory Peck" ); TNT has completed an untitled documentary about these shows, written by daughter Cecilia Peck; Mary Badham, who played Scout in "To Kill a Mockingbird", came to a 1995 show in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and the two reenacted a "Mockingbird" scene together; retired the production in February 2000.

Maybe they need to lower the ego level, stop the elbowing insults... and understand that we are all in this together, us and them... we like them...and they seem to like us (at least our money winking smiley )

They could do an intimate thing, stream it online.... maybe allow questions from the internet.... play some accoustic stuff...... bring in some guests..... bring in Wyman and Taylor.... tell some stories... have some fun... makes some money.

It wont be a big ass rock and fkn roll show... but at some point even I have to admit its allright now to not expect a 70 year old man to be raging Jumping Jack Flash... they have done that... they own it... it was awesome...

I actually went to one of those Gregory Peck shows!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2012 08:01

Max'sKansasCity
stonescrow
Max'sKansasCity

Gregory Peck - 1995

you sound a little wistful max

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 15, 2012 08:11

The Stones won't tour Anymore

That's more about what I think...maybe one concert now and then, but a tour...

don't think so...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 15, 2012 08:57

This is all so sad. It reminds me of Truman Capote's comments on the young fans in some hot, dusty part of Texas begging for an encore, when the RS have already sped away in their limousines.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: March 15, 2012 10:25

stonescrow
keefbajaga
And it's ok.

Just let it be.

It was good.

I can live without another tour, but I can't live without at least one final farewell concert with at least Bill Wyman, and if possible, Mick Taylor.
I'm sorry to hear that you won't live longer!

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: March 15, 2012 13:50

Ah no what their saying is they won't be doing concerts till 2013 they never said they would not tour anymore.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 14:24

[www.iorr.org]

Guess this will proove you wrong!
But I guess you'll like this thread!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 15, 2012 14:29

Rock and roll is not for youth. It's for us. We invented it. We grew up with it. We play it better than any band under 35.

Date: March 15, 2012 15:27

More Hot Rocks
Rock and roll is not for youth. It's for us. We invented it. We grew up with it. We play it better than any band under 35.

Baby boomers? Their attitude has ruined the world.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: March 15, 2012 15:29

wrong. 2013 is a done deal. Part of reason for delay is refurbishing of Madison Square Garden. They will do 10 shows there in 2013.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 15, 2012 15:31

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
More Hot Rocks

Baby boomers? Their attitude has ruined the world.

I agree. But I still see any young bands that get it. Doesn't anybody play lead anymore?

Date: March 15, 2012 15:31

stonescrow
They certainly have at least one last great live performance in them

That is purely speculation, of course, not to mention seeing with blinders on. "One last great live performance" based on what? What is going to make it "great"? They're going to play like it's 1969? 1973? 1978? Is that what you mean? Just wondering what your guidelines are. I'm sure they can put on a good show at least once. However, there is reason for doubting it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2012 17:16

mickscarey
wrong. 2013 is a done deal. Part of reason for delay is refurbishing of Madison Square Garden. They will do 10 shows there in 2013.

Finally confirmation from a true insider.

Re: The Stones won't tour Anyless
Date: March 15, 2012 17:47

This St Paddys day I am not going to drink anymore,
..... but I am not going to drink any less

Date: February 8, 2013 04:51

stonescrow
keefbajaga

And it did, plus six, and counting!

Date: February 8, 2013 04:52

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
They certainly have at least one last great live performance in them

That is purely speculation, of course, not to mention seeing with blinders on. "One last great live performance" based on what? What is going to make it "great"? They're going to play like it's 1969? 1973? 1978? Is that what you mean? Just wondering what your guidelines are. I'm sure they can put on a good show at least once. However, there is reason for doubting it.

Seven GREAT shows, and counting.

Date: February 8, 2013 05:52

stonescrow
alimente
stonescrow
keefbajaga

They certainly have at least one last great live performance in them, however, it is highly likely they will do more than one show next year. Of course there are no guarantees in life, but as things stand today they should be able to whip themselves into shape by 2013 for at least a few gigs. Does Keith sound like a man that is defeated or is on the verge of calling it quits? If he is, he has certainly fooled me. Everything is going to be fine.

And everything did turn out fine. And so will everything turn out fine in 2013. Everybody fine with that?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home