Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BEST 1978 Boot?
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 13:37

After the magnificent 'Live in Texas' CD and DVD (seeing this in the cinema in full a few months ago was one of THE great experiences for me as a Stones fan) has really got me back into the whole 1978 sound!

On Gazza's recommendation I got the 'Handsome Girls' set which is excellent, it just sounds so damn good and they play wonderfully. I had 'Passaic' years ago on tape, I remember the sound on that was terrific

Is there any other recommendation for a Must-Have 1978 show?

Re: BEST 1978 Boot?
Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 13, 2012 14:58

"Some Girls Are Bigger Than Ohers" which was supposedly the Memphis show from June 28 (although I hear that only part of it is from that show, which I attended! Can anyone shed any light on that?).

Hot performances very well recorded and mixed. Most of it may be included on Handsome Girls but this is a nice 1-disk representation of a '78 show and includes the rare Elvis tribute "Hound Dog". Always one of my favoite boots!

Ross

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 13, 2012 15:36

There are many, these are my two favourite LPs...

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 17:16

There is a King Biscuit Flower Hour release of the Lexington, KY show as well. It'a good recording and decent performance, but the show is incomplete and not in running order of the show.

Posted by: Hotstuff ()
Date: March 13, 2012 18:31

Handsome Girls ?

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: March 13, 2012 22:36

Handsome Girls and Some Girls and Bigger Than Others. Half of Handsome Girls is Fort Worth 78. Then there are alternate tracks and a whole other show compliled from numerous sources.
T@3

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 14, 2012 07:50

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: March 14, 2012 16:16

rockdoc8885
There is a King Biscuit Flower Hour release of the Lexington, KY show as well. It'a good recording and decent performance, but the show is incomplete and not in running order of the show.

I made a cassette recording of a radio broadcast of a Memphis show from '78, which aired shortly after the tour ended. It was a pretty good show and to my surprise, the tape held up well for nearly 30 years of repeated listenings until it recently got chewed up beyond saving in my player. The version of When The Whip Comes Down that's on Sucking In The 70's is from that show.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: March 14, 2012 21:25

JumpinJeppeFlash
There are many, these are my two favourite LPs...

[/q
uote]

Hi guys, don't know if its allowed on IORR,but where could I buy copies of these bootlegs, liveing in Ireland there impossible to get hold of, thanks in advance

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: March 14, 2012 22:43

Toru A
this year's crop

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Ther's a paypal link at the bottom of this site,do I take it that this is a link to download this show.

Date: March 15, 2012 12:22

The center core of the tour when they hit top gear. The recordings of these shows are all good too. Passaic, Memphis, Lexington, Detroit, Ft Worth, and Houston.
I myself don't like the West Coast shows that much.
Add the CNIB show, add the SNL TV appearance, and add the Woodstock pre-tour rehearsals, and you have a total package of '78.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 12:27

Handsome Girl is the definitive 78 representations.
Boy while the CNIB show may be a unique show, the performance is stunningly terrible.

Date: March 15, 2012 12:31

whitem8
Handsome Girl is the definitive 78 representations.
Boy while the CNIB show may be a unique show, the performance is stunningly terrible.
Sadly, I have to agree with you.
Same goes for the SNL show btw.
Both should be included in a 78 overview though IMO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home