Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Your comments on Feb 25/99 show Toronto
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: March 8, 2012 07:08

Give me your comments on this bootleg, While The Wind Blows Over Toronto. I just got it out and had a listen, impressed by the great sound qualilty and performance.

Re: Your comments on Feb 25/99 show Toronto
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 8, 2012 15:04

I haven't heard this one in awhile but as I recall it was one of the better boots from that tour sound wise. Plus it was a show from roughly a week prior to "my" show in Tampa so they were performing close to what I saw myself.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 8, 2012 17:33

That´s when Charlie ends Midnight Rambler too early, right after
"Well, go easy with your cold fandango ", a great moment for all,
especially Mick.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: March 8, 2012 18:25

Thanks guys for the comments, I listened to it last night and really enjoyed it. Though the artwork could have been better.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 8, 2012 18:36

In 99 I fell in love with the "Tracy" you hear in the recording... >grinning smiley<
(she's heard right before MR iirc).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-14 00:23 by dcba.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: March 8, 2012 20:19

One of the best sounding audience boots ever, IMO. Also a rock solid performance. My favorite boot from the tour along with Las Vegas.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2012 23:41

That is the only show of all the shows I have seen where Mick actually gave up on the crowd. They just did not work. Very strange show. I did not feel like writing a review of it back then but I still wonder to this day what went wrong. Mick was running up and down the stage for an hour or so. Trying his very bst to give the crowd a wake up call. Very strange show, Then the energy just left the building and we got cruise control. Don't know if the recording can tell, may be it is great because there is not much noise from he crowd.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: March 8, 2012 23:51

great recording sound wise....where are the soundboards from this tour???????????

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: March 9, 2012 04:28

"Cold fandango?"
I always thought it was "cold fat dagger."
Keno suggests that it's "cold fanged anger."

Thoughts?
T@3

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 9, 2012 14:50

I think Philliy is SBD.

Date: March 9, 2012 15:17

The GR
I think Philliy is SBD.

It's taken from a ALD (Assisted Listening Device) feed. The only guitar that picks up is Ronnie's - Keith is virtually inaudible, except for the b stage portion. Too bad, as it sounded like a really good performance.

Date: March 9, 2012 15:18

bv
That is the only show of all the shows I have seen where Mick actually gave up on the crowd. They just did not work. Very strange show. I did not feel like writing a review of it back then but I still wonder to this day what went wrong. Mick was running up and down the stage for an hour or so. Trying his very bst to give the crowd a wake up call. Very strange show, Then the energy just left the building and we got cruise control. Don't know if the recording can tell, may be it is great because there is not much noise from he crowd.

That's really interesting, bv. Obviously I wasn't there, but the performance on the boot is quite good. There's a moment I love where, after Keith does "Before They Make Me Run", you hear some guy in the audience say to his friend "Oh my God, this is the greatest show I have ever seen in my life". Then again, he could have been drunk!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 9, 2012 16:12

bv

I was at the show BV and I agree. I hate to say it but Toronto crowds aren't the most excited. I don't include Sarstock. Out of the 4 shows that I attended during this tour this was the least exiting. That's why I say over and over you can't judge a show by the bootleg.

Posted by: euro'73 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 01:45

One of the highlights of that night was Some Girls.
How much more energy can one man put in a single song.
Had to do with Mick's private life.
He never sang so aggressive, not even during the Punk Tour of '78

This bootleg is by far the best one of this Tour.

Date: March 13, 2012 05:24

euro'73
One of the highlights of that night was Some Girls.
How much more energy can one man put in a single song.
Had to do with Mick's private life.
He never sang so aggressive, not even during the Punk Tour of '78

This bootleg is by far the best one of this Tour.

Think I agree, London 99 first night was not too clear.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 13, 2012 06:35

TeaAtThree
"Cold fandango?"
I always thought it was "cold fat dagger."
Keno suggests that it's "cold fanged anger."

Thoughts?
T@3

I always thought that the words in question are "cloak and dagger."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-13 06:38 by ab.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home